Veteran-compatible accessories

who_the

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Someone, make it happen!

24s 10A liion charger are available (just googled it like this) - the cable/plugs is no problem. The aliexpress sellers maybe even sell it with two plugs directly on the charger...

4 hours ago, Michael D said:

Where to find a 10 amp charger for Sherman?

Aliexpress Green Fashion sells a Gotway 10A charger. Pretty massive though. If this is the only option, I would rather go with two 5A chargers instead.

1 hour ago, Esbu said:

I just purchased next 5A charger. I think, it is recommended to charge Sherman using both ports 2x 5A, not 10A through one port.

Did some searching and apparently you can charge 10amp over a single port. Not sure how accurate that info is.

https://medium.com/@shanewhilde/what-we-know-about-the-veteran-sherman-electric-unicycle-591db2d4a70a

• Like 1

So anyone have suggestions on a good bluetooth bike speaker that could clamp onto the rollbar?

I would think it should be rugged, waterproof, clamp securely, and hopefully have a subwoofer or be sizable enough to have a little bass, though that last requirement eliminates a lot of contenders.

Edited by shellac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shellac said:

So anyone have suggestions on a good bluetooth bike speaker that could clamp onto the rollbar?

I would think it should be rugged, waterproof, clamp securely, and hopefully have a subwoofer or be sizable enough to have a little bass, though that last requirement eliminates a lot of contenders.

Just got the Tribit storm box micro.

I use it clipped to a backpack but it’s great and can pair 2 for stereo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HippoPig said:

Just got the Tribit storm box micro.

I use it clipped to a backpack but it’s great and can pair 2 for stereo.

Looks nice and portable but I'm looking for something with some more punch and bass. Something along the lines of a UE megaboom... Just don't know how it would mount without making it difficult to lift the wheel... Thought about it somehow being in the middle of the bars but then the handle wouldn't work. 

🤔 Hmmm... 

14 hours ago, Mango said:

Aliexpress Green Fashion sells a Gotway 10A charger. Pretty massive though. If this is the only option, I would rather go with two 5A chargers instead.

Did some searching and apparently you can charge 10amp over a single port. Not sure how accurate that info is.

https://medium.com/@shanewhilde/what-we-know-about-the-veteran-sherman-electric-unicycle-591db2d4a70a

But the socket of the charger must be properly wired, 2 contacts for the + and 2 contacts for the -

3 hours ago, MrRobot said:

Looks nice and portable but I'm looking for something with some more punch and bass. Something along the lines of a UE megaboom... Just don't know how it would mount without making it difficult to lift the wheel... Thought about it somehow being in the middle of the bars but then the handle wouldn't work. 

🤔 Hmmm... 

You’d be really surprised. Honestly. I know I was.

My mother heard me pull into her street - you can really feel the bass.

4 hours ago, Hansolo said:

But the socket of the charger must be properly wired, 2 contacts for the + and 2 contacts for the -

This is my understanding of the charge port situation as it stands right now:

Batch 1-3 have 2 wires per port, one + one -

Batch 4 (ewheels' tweaked batch) will have 4 wires per port, two + two -

So the chargers you buy will need to have the correct connections or you will have a very expensive fire on your hands. 2 wires is apparently the old-style Gotway port, and 4 wires is the new Gotway standard.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, shellac said:

Use any normal bicycle water bottle holder. Get yourself a UE Boom 3 / JBL Flip5 / Sony SRS-XB23, a lot of cyclist does that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will R said:

To charge at 10A from one charger, use a port splitter to make it 5A each.

Do you happen to know where I can purchase a splitter? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shield said:

Replacement headlight with USB charging port built in. 

Cool one, but again with blue and red lights.

10 minutes ago, Violinfun said:

where does it connect to on the sherman?

I will probably use front light wires with 12V.

Edited by Esbu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Esbu said:

Cool one, but again with blue and red lights.

True, but at least these don't flash like police lights. Still, I wish both lights were white.

2 hours ago, Shield said:

Do you happen to know where I can purchase a splitter? 

Any online euc dealer should have some. You could buy one from AliExpress etc but you'll need to make sure you have either the 2 wire or 4 wire version according to what batch your wheel is. If it's early, 2, if you're in the eWheels 4th batch you want 4.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shield said:

Light with USB ports has 4 wires.

Angel eyed light delivered yesterday to me, but the value of the light power on the box is different from the value on the website (20W).

image.thumb.png.3eedbf681656cce8512fc849e07f1a3a.png

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Shield said:

I ended up buying the same light just a bit larger. I've already wired it up to a 3.5mm jack. I did order the light with the USB built in and will have to experiment a bit to see how it's wired into the light. I'm going to guess that I can just wire it together with one of the 12v LED wires and it will hopefully output 5v for charging. Seeing as how the power to the lights are controlled by the LCD the USB should only be active when the light is on. I will most likely wire the USB into the daytime running light. 

image0.jpg

I'd love to see some shots of that beam at night! 😍

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Shield said:

I've already wired it up to a 3.5mm jack.

Does your light have wires of the same color? Please describe how you connected the wires to the connector. Thank you.