Only Gotway and King Song manufacture long-range capable EUCs?

edwin_rm

Is there a reason why it seems just Gotway and King Song sell electric unicycles with big battery packs in them? (granting the euc a long travel distance range) 

Why are the other manufacturers (Solowheel, Ninebot, IPS, Airwheel, etc.) not installing batteries bigger than the 300's Wh? 

For me range is top priority, top speed is secondary. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

The other manufacturers need to step it up!

I can immediately see two possible reasons: a larger battery pack doesn't easily fit in the shell. Most customers (like me) don't want a larger battery, because it adds costs and weight, while range is a non-issue.

6 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Is there a reason why it seems just Gotway and King Song sell electric unicycles with big battery packs in them? (granting the euc a long travel distance range) 

Why are the other manufacturers (Solowheel, Ninebot, IPS, Airwheel, etc.) not installing batteries bigger than the 300's Wh? 

For me range is top priority, top speed is secondary. I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

At the moment, Ninebot has E+(320wh) and planing to launch P (360wh). IPS has 340wh models like Lhotz, T350. Airwheel has a 340wh model, and the only 340wh model is Q3. 

7 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

There is nowhere to put the extra battery in a design like the Ninebot or IPS Zero; one leg is occupied by the motherboard (whereas Gotway & King Song place their motherboards horizontally at the top the EUC, the reason why Ninebot / Zero are slim, and Gotway / King Song are thicker).

12 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. IPS has two models that have 680Wh batteries, 191 Plus and 151. They also have a couple models with 520Wh batteries.

As for other companies I haven't really a clue :P 

Archived