Simple Question to All

gon2fast

I am buying two wheels this year no matter what my wife says. I will pay for that down the line, lol. My point here is that I am growing frustrated with lack luster launches to fuel future revisions of EUCs. Give us an option for what we want like every other serious vehicle we purchase. If the hardware/software is solid then I will pay more to have what I want as soon as I can have it.

• Like 1

Not unreasonable, but i fear the MONEY just isnt there yet. Not many car manufacturers putting out vehicles in such low numbers as the EUC companies. I think that as the community gets bigger and more money is being spent daily by consumers, we will have a broader range of options.  I'll invest with you, if you think you can put together a premium product at a premium price, and we'll sell enough units to offset the R&D, the materials, the labor, the lawyers, the taxes and ALL the other stuff. We could focus on quality and pushing the limits and manufacture it in USA and pay our workers well. What you thinking, $22k per unit and we barely break even for the first 10 years, while having to make new ideas each quarter? The money is being made in selling many units at a medium markup. If you try to sell just a few units at a greater markup, youll suffer the fate that most companies with that strategy do. Its possible theres enough people willing to pay $4-5k per euc, but so far the players making them, arent banking on it. Buying TWO wheels is going to help propel the industry and is a good investment if thats what you intend to do. If i was going to buy 2 new wheels this year, I'd buy one now, and maybe wait until fall. If they were my only two wheels, I dont know if id roll the dice on new tech for BOTH of them.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

You have a wish list, as many here do. Not at all unreasonable. But if you’re going to wait out your frustrations, then methinks you won’t have any wheel, at least not for a long time.  If you want/need..get. There are a few new ones out now with good offerings. Nothing seems perfect, but I believe once you have, you will cherish your investment more than chide it. Live in the moment, it’s better imho.

• Like 3

A lot of the wheels out there are very nice as things are now.

16X, 18XL, MSX and Nikola are all great wheels with good range.
Then we have specialty wheels like the Monster and very nice wheels with less range like the Z10, Tesla and the coming S18.

If you have a V10 with 650Wh then multiply it by 2 and ask yourself if you would want a bit more or be okay with a bit less.

New releases have a tendency to paralyse us and stop us from buying current wheels that are out. Especially when we want the new wheels to blow the old ones out of the water so that there is no point in buying the old ones anymore.

The 18XL ($1849 with large pedals) is still a great wheel that does it all. Off-road, skate parks, hill climbing, high speed, great range and great features.
And so is the 16X ($1699).
And $1500 for a MSX 84v.
If purchased from chicway.shop. A penny saved is a penny earned.

So MSX + 16X would be 3200 USD which isn't too bad.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, scubadragosan said:

Let's have some wheels made in USA. Show the world what is ingenuity. If one is made, I think I'll just look... probably won't be able to afford one....:clap3:USA GO GO!

I am too afraid that it would cost $5,999.99, have a top speed of 12 MPH ( regulations) and literally come with two cup holders and XM radio. 
No, I am hoping for Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki to step in. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I am too afraid that it would cost $5,999.99, have a top speed of 12 MPH ( regulations) and literally come with two cup holders and XM radio. 
No, I am hoping for Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki to step in. 

Or Tesla!  I'd buy a Tesla EUC instantly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stillhart said:

Here's where I think you're being unreasonable, the highlighted section above.  You're making an assumption that every EUC buyer wants the same thing and that's clearly not the case.  What you see as a lackluster launch, others see as exciting innovation that will push the industry forward as a whole.  Some people fit right into the perfect target demo for the new wheels and can't wait to get their hands on them.

It's perfectly fine to be disappointed that the new wheels don't give you what you want.  What's unreasonable is assuming that your specific wants are universal.

I respect your opinion, but I don't think that you understand what I am trying to say. For the money that we pay for these wonderful vehicles I think the vendors can do a better job with their roll-outs, especially since most of us can't go test drive new models. I am not trying to push my standards on other EUC riders in any way, I am looking for more options and more structure around release of new models which should benefit all riders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I respect your opinion, but I don't think that you understand what I am trying to say. For the money that we pay for these wonderful vehicles I think the vendors can do a better job with their roll-outs, especially since most of us can't go test drive new models. I am not trying to push my standards on other EUC riders in any way, I am looking for more options and more structure around release of new models which should benefit all riders. 

So you mean like offering multiple battery sizes at launch instead of as a revision down the line?  Or different color options?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I agree with you, but i think it may be an issue with how much you have to invest, to unveil multiple options. Then there's that pesky marketing thing. If a company waits too long to have all their ducks in a row and more options, THEN unveils the line, they may have missed too many sales as people impatiently will buy a competitor's as they already released a 'half baked' product(the release of 2 suspension euc's in 1 week was NOT an accident). I think the standard of rolling out a single type, testing the sales waters and then updating in the future, is a safer bet for the company, tho more of the brunt falls on the consumer.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I agree with you, but i think it may be an issue with how much you have to invest, to unveil multiple options. Then there's that pesky marketing thing. If a company waits too long to have all their ducks in a row and more options, THEN unveils the line, they may have missed too many sales as people impatiently will buy a competitor's as they already released a 'half baked' product(the release of 2 suspension euc's in 1 week was NOT an accident). I think the standard of rolling out a single type, testing the sales waters and then updating in the future, is a safer bet for the company, tho more of the brunt falls on the consumer.

I would agree with this line of thinking in most regards *except for* multiple battery configurations. The level of R&D for multiple battery sizes versus a single battery size is extremely small/almost negligible (compared to different motors/speeds/other-features/etc which obviously involve much more work to have multiple SKUs).