Most Youtubers Ride Nikolas?

Is it my imagination or have many of the prominent YouTubers moved to Nikolas?  I think "isthereanyfood" is the only one still on a 16X/MSX.  Maybe it's just the ones that randomly show up in my Youtube stream but it seems like the Nikola is the ride of choice for people who have ridden everything.  To me this says more than any written or video review.

Regarding the Nikola, I realize that 100v and 1zillion Wh battery is the best, but it's also significantly more expensive.  Would Youtubers all be riding the Nikola if they were only able to choose the 84v 1600Wh version?

It depends on what time the EUCs have migrated.
Who wants speed bought NIKOLA plus others took kingsong 16X. The fact remains that the weather is more resistant to Nikola plus.
this trend remained the same 18Xl, MSX / P, KS16X, Nikola plus only then are others. It does not mean that others are inferior only to better meet specific requirements.

1 hour ago, Stillhart said:

Is it my imagination or have many of the prominent YouTubers moved to Nikolas?

I think you are correct in thinking that. There are many reviews of the Nikola ,most positive ,but a couple of "prominent YouTubers clearly had issues with it. @Hsiang did not feel the love at all while @Duf enjoyed the Nikola but liked the 16X more. @Marty Backe and @MickeyMicklos both have very positive things to say about the Nik. Also from the reviews I've watched @Afeez Kay seems to really promote the Nikola!

I'm seriously considering getting the 100v 1800w 21700 cell version this week. I have liked this wheel since I first laid eyes on it. It originally was on my short list as a first wheel but went with 18XL per many forum members recommendations . @Mike Sacristan aka "isthereanyfood" told me the Nikola would be a great wheel to compliment the 18xl. 

I think if you were lighter , (I'm 205 lbs) the 84v 1600w would be a good choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Wait until you see today's clip. We meet up with Tobbe (Nik+ 1845Wh owner). I ride his wheel for a bit.. then Petra rides it on the way back from KFC.
We didn't go craaaaazy fast but off camera we let Petra try a long straight.. she hit 56 kmh. She was smiling like hell afterwards and really loved it.

Lately I have been considering the Nik+ with the 2664Wh battery from 1Radwerkstatt.
I just rode the last km on my 16X CX tyre so I need to change that (it took 7000km).
I hit 9000km on the MSX today. So I am feeling a bit nervous haha.
I tried a Z10 for the first time yesterday and loved it!

The 84v Nik wouldn't give me anything that I don't already have. The Nik+ would give me more speed and if I choose the modified one even ridiculous range.

I believe most Youtubers have chosen the Nik+ for the speed and abundance of power at 100v.
The 16X feels like a small wheel compared to the Nikola. The Nikola is a heavy cruiser just like the MSX but with a bit more zip to it.

Thanks this is really helpful insight.  Regarding the highlighted bit, if you had to choose between the 84v 1600Wh MSX vs Nik, which would you choose?  Is it as simple as 19" vs 16" geometry or is there more to it?  I know the KS-16X is very similar to that version of the Nik so imagining you didn't actually have that.  :-D

Basically I'm just curious as to the difference between the MSX and the Nik with the same motor/battery. lol

Well I finally did it.  Finances cleared and I pulled the trigger today on a new Nikola 84v 1600Wh from Jason at eWheels.  (The rumors of great customer service were NOT overblown!)

After agonizing for a couple weeks, doing more research than is good for me, and a few helpful posts from @Mike Sacristan, I decided on the Nik for a few main reasons:

1. I don't need/want a 100V wheel because absolute top speed isn't my priority.  
  2. Among the TOTL 84v wheels, I realized I'd be perfectly happy with either one (Nik, MSX, 16X, 18XL) since I don't have a strong preference either way, even after all my research.
  3. As Mike suggested, under those circumstances, just get the cheapest one.  Well the MSX and Nik were the cheapest.
  4. Between the MSX and Nik, I decided I'd rather have the Nik for the slightly quicker, more nimble performance at low speeds and the better build quality.
  5. Oh and the timing of my purchase means the new wheels are out of the running.  Maybe next year.

I'm very excited!  I've got some better safety gear on the way so I'll be ready for the faster riding.  Now I need to go find that list of things to do to the new wheel that @Marty Backe suggested in another thread.  And I will probably do the speaker swap from Marty's video eventually.  Gotta see if there are any other cool cheap/easy mods worth doing... Maybe something to protect the case in the first few days/weeks...

Anyways, thanks to everyone who helped through all my questions in multiple threads!  I'll report back when it gets here and I start riding.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stillhart said:

Well I finally did it.  Finances cleared and I pulled the trigger today on a new Nikola 84v 1600Wh from Jason at eWheels.  (The rumors of great customer service were NOT overblown!)

After agonizing for a couple weeks, doing more research than is good for me, and a few helpful posts from @Mike Sacristan, I decided on the Nik for a few main reasons:

1. I don't need/want a 100V wheel because absolute top speed isn't my priority.  
  2. Among the TOTL 84v wheels, I realized I'd be perfectly happy with either one (Nik, MSX, 16X, 18XL) since I don't have a strong preference either way, even after all my research.
  3. As Mike suggested, under those circumstances, just get the cheapest one.  Well the MSX and Nik were the cheapest.
  4. Between the MSX and Nik, I decided I'd rather have the Nik for the slightly quicker, more nimble performance at low speeds and the better build quality.
  5. Oh and the timing of my purchase means the new wheels are out of the running.  Maybe next year.

I'm very excited!  I've got some better safety gear on the way so I'll be ready for the faster riding.  Now I need to go find that list of things to do to the new wheel that @Marty Backe suggested in another thread.  And I will probably do the speaker swap from Marty's video eventually.  Gotta see if there are any other cool cheap/easy mods worth doing... Maybe something to protect the case in the first few days/weeks...

Anyways, thanks to everyone who helped through all my questions in multiple threads!  I'll report back when it gets here and I start riding.

Congrats! It's not easy to pull the trigger but I have yet to hear of any of my friends regretting their purchase.

I went for a  couple of rides with a 84v Nikola rider last year. It did very well on hills, off-road, at high speed... you name it. It can also really take a beating! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I too just pulled the trigger today on an eWheels 100V Nikola.  Already had and sold a 16X, so I'm not sure I'm going to love this wheel either, but I'm going to give it a summer of riding.  I kind of already know what I'm down for with 16x3.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

pulled the trigger on a 2664Wh Nik+ from 1Radwerkstatt.

Thats pretty cool! I'm really enjoying my Nikola Plus 100v 21700 . Your video's and your positive comments were right on! I've have gone 180km's so far and I'm still figuring out what tire pressure. I have not gone below 40psi (210lbs). The tire seems a little bouncy at very slow speeds. Thoughts?

Yesterday I also changed from the Hard pedal setting to medium. I like it. 

I have no choice, My wife has taken over my..correction our 18XL. I'm very happy she is riding! We went on our first "ride" ,20km ,together and she did great!

When will the Nikola arrive?

On 4/28/2020 at 4:46 PM, xorbe said:

I too just pulled the trigger today on an eWheels 100V Nikola

I bought all my wheels from eWheels. Excellent service and support! When will you be getting it? The more I ride the Nikola the more I like it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Thats pretty cool! I'm really enjoying my Nikola Plus 100v 21700 . Your video's and your positive comments were right on! I've have gone 180km's so far and I'm still figuring out what tire pressure. I have not gone below 40psi (210lbs). The tire seems a little bouncy at very slow speeds. Thoughts?

Thank you! I'm happy to hear that. :)

I find the Nik+ tire to be soft and squishy. I don't like high speed bouncing on asphalt which can lead to catching air even it's 0.1 seconds. That's zero traction and a tricky landing and it gets worse if there is a series of bumps. Very, very dangerous stuff. 16x3 is quite generous when it comes to volume. It has more volume than then 18XL. For your weight I would prefer to run 35 PSI. I am running 25 PSI on my 16X with the Chao Yang tire and I get some air now and then. 22 PSI is more suitable for me and 20 would be nice and cushy. I just have to remember to take it easy at skate parks so lately I have started bringing my pump with me. There is no point in torturing myself at 25 PSI so that I can maybe play at a skate park. 1km skate park vs 50km cruise. 

Yesterday I also changed from the Hard pedal setting to medium. I like it. 

I am also using medium on the MSX. Medium on the Nik+ is very nice. My friend also prefers +1 degrees forward tilt.

I have no choice, My wife has taken over my..correction our 18XL. I'm very happy she is riding! We went on our first "ride" ,20km ,together and she did great!

Congratulations! That is a big win in many ways. Imagine you both cruising daily as a new bonding activity and one of the wheels is out of commission. Looks like you will need a third wheel! 

When will the Nikola arrive?

I bought all my wheels from eWheels. Excellent service and support! When will you be getting it? The more I ride the Nikola the more I like it!

Perhaps in 3 weeks. eWheels is great and if I lived within their reach I would do the same.
1Rad is to me what eWheels is to you guys. A very reputable seller with excellent after sales service.
I don't have room in my life to get headaches over wheels. :lol:

Monika tried the 16X with the Chao Yang tire and loved it..l so I guess I can kiss it goodbye now.
7300 km on the 16X.
9500 km on the MSX (I wonder how long it will live and I sure hope it dies peacefully).

• Like 1

I'm still feeling like the Nik is a lot more WORK than the E+ (which, I mean obviously, it's huge!) and I get tired out super fast on it.  And by super fast I mean like 20 minutes.  I'm still waiting for it to really "click" for me.  I don't think it helps that I'm still reliably getting wobbles over 16mph lol. 

Looking forward to seeing more from Mike on the Nik+.

Oh it is huge. Lucky you have the most nimble version of the Nik+. :lol:
But coming from a Ninebot One E+ I feel ya man... I feel ya. That's where the 16X shines with it's small wheel feel.
The Nik+ is a motorcycle in comparison to the 16X.

I had trouble clicking with the MSX even after 2000km.

Here I was riding the version with 3 18650 battery packs.
I was born in the 70's. We didn't know what helmets were back then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

But coming from a Ninebot One E+ I feel ya man... I feel ya. That's where the 16X shines with it's small wheel feel.

Here I was riding the version with I have 3 batteries and 18650 batteries. I have Nikola Plus 100v 1845wh, and I enjoy it until now.

Hello,I have seen a lot of your YouTube videos.It was so nice to see you enjoying the electric wheel all the time.:clap3:

Is it Nicola Plus 100v 1845wh? The black, round, circular Nicola looks great. :thumbup:

I have a 18650 battery, Nikola Plus 100v 1845wh, and I still enjoy it.

The distance is about 3,000 kilometers. I recently replaced my new main board in 2020.

Speed, pitch, range, and design all seem to be good conductors.

The handle is thick, so it's hard to hold it,:efefa6edcf:... but it's a really good electric wheel to enjoy.:efee47c9c8:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Here I was riding the version with 3 18650 battery packs.

The KS16X is kinda like an Alpha Romero old sports car. It don't drive fast it has all kind of odd problems. But it is so fun so you tend to overlook these things. And it makes hard to find a new once if you have fallen in love with it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

For your weight I would prefer to run 35 PSI.

Thank you for the advice. I tried 35 PSI in the tire last night briefly and immediately I could notice a more planted feel . It might be my imagination but there seems to be a "sweet spot" on the Nikola regarding foot placement more so than the 18XL. I have noticed sometimes on the Nikola ,I'm not as connected with it. The last couple rides I've focused on foot position and its really made a difference. For a wheel that's rather large, its very nimble. Looking forward to your reviews and rides on your new Nikola 2664W !

Edited by bigwave

51 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Thank you for the advice. I tried 35 PSI in the tire last night briefly and immediately I could notice a more planted feel . It might be my imagination but there seems to be a "sweet spot" on the Nikola regarding foot placement more so than the 18XL. I have noticed sometimes on the Nikola ,I'm not as connected with it. The last couple rides I've focused on foot position and its really made a difference. For a wheel that's rather large, its very nimble. Looking forward to your reviews and rides on your new Nikola 2664W !

My pleasure. It's that little racing strip that does it haha. And yeah there is a bit of a sweet spot on the Nikola for me as well.
1cm heel hanging off the back. Rest hanging off the front. A bit duck footed. My right foot more duck footed and turned a bit further out.

It's just that since the Nik requires a bit more forward lean we end up on the balls of our feet a bit (in the beginning at least) trying to get it moving. This will all resolve in time though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lindsey said:

Hello,I have seen a lot of your YouTube videos.It was so nice to see you enjoying the electric wheel all the time.:clap3:

Is it Nicola Plus 100v 1845wh? The black, round, circular Nicola looks great. :thumbup:

I have a 18650 battery, Nikola Plus 100v 1845wh, and I still enjoy it.

The distance is about 3,000 kilometers. I recently replaced my new main board in 2020.

Speed, pitch, range, and design all seem to be good conductors.

The handle is thick, so it's hard to hold it,:efefa6edcf:... but it's a really good electric wheel to enjoy.:efee47c9c8:

Hi Lindsey! Thank you!
Yes it is the Nik+ 100v 1845Wh. Same as yours. It's a great wheel.
The handle has it's + and - just like all wheels. I don't think the 16X is all that great.
You sound like you have small hands haha.. you probably make that handle feel huge. :roflmao:

24 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My pleasure. It's that little racing strip that does it haha. And yeah there is a bit of a sweet spot on the Nikola for me as well.
1cm heel hanging off the back. Rest hanging off the front. A bit duck footed. My right foot more duck footed and turned a bit further out.

It's just that since the Nik requires a bit more forward lean we end up on the balls of our feet a bit (in the beginning at least) trying to get it moving. This will all resolve in time though.

Foot placement on the Nik seems to be really important for me too.  Sometimes I feel like I'm just hanging off the front of the wheel, though.  Glad to see experienced riders feel similar.  :-D

3 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Foot placement on the Nik seems to be really important for me too.  Sometimes I feel like I'm just hanging off the front of the wheel, though.  Glad to see experienced riders feel similar.  :-D

As long as the balls of my feet can be supported by the pedals I am fine. And usually I check this by clawing at the front of the pedals with my toes. If I can't feel the front edge of the pedals with my toes then my feet are too far forward. The 16X pedals are huge platforms for my size 7 shoes so I am all over the place on them haha. I tend to be a bit too far forward on the 16X and then my riding style consists of it going constantly forward on cruise control and me controlling speed by braking. :roflmao:

And yeah... the Nik and the MSX are "hanging off the front of the wheel" kind of wheels anyway.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, xorbe said:

I too just pulled the trigger today on an eWheels 100V Nikola.  Already had and sold a 16X, so I'm not sure I'm going to love this wheel either, but I'm going to give it a summer of riding.  I kind of already know what I'm down for with 16x3.

My Nikola 21700 just arrived, I rode it for 60 seconds, wow I love the initial handling feeling.  Man, it rides nothing like the 16X at first blush.  Didn't get it up to speed, that'll have to wait until this evening.

Am I obligated to start YouTubing now? plQgD8q.gif

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...