EUC World / WheelLog and the Pebble Watch

36 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

How does the watchface look like when EUC world is displayed. Didn’t see that in the video or does it look the same as on wheellog?

The Pebble "WheelLog" app is the same one that was released 4-years ago. EUC World still supports it though by sending the same data to it the WheelLog does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cory Brown said:

Are you still going to get a newer smart watch as well, @Marty Backe, or is this replacement Pebble going to fill that void?

I'm probably going to stick with Pebble as long as I can. ~$30 is a lot cheaper than ~$200

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Pebble "WheelLog" app is the same one that was released 4-years ago. EUC World still supports it though by sending the same data to it the WheelLog does.

Exactly, but there are two important advantages for EUC World:

1) vibration alarms are repeated as long as the cause of the alarm exists; in the case of the WheelLog, vibration was only triggered once when the alarm was triggered
2) pressing a watch button can trigger a user-defined action (horn, light control, etc.); for the WheelLog it is only a ringtone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Exactly, but there are two important advantages for EUC World:

1) vibration alarms are repeated as long as the cause of the alarm exists; in the case of the WheelLog, vibration was only triggered once when the alarm was triggered
2) pressing a watch button can trigger a user-defined action (horn, light control, etc.); for the WheelLog it is only a ringtone.

One of the versions (2.0.33) of WheelLog that I was using would continually trigger the vibration alarm (temperature, current, and speed).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How does one install euc world on the pebble? Mine says it's unsupported, along with every single app or watch face I add...

Screenshot_20200122-173220~2.png

Update: I hadn't fully registered I guess... All is well

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

How does one install euc world on the pebble? Mine says it's unsupported, along with every single app or watch face I add...

Update: I hadn't fully registered I guess... All is well

Welcome to the Pebble club :cheers:

• Like 2

My Pebble has arrived!

Got everything set up and ready to ride. This is definitely a game changer.

I'm also really stoked that it can still do basic functions for Spotify as well.

Edited by Cory Brown
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Walden said:

I love that I can set the middle button of my Pebble to honk the horn on my 16x, with EUC world. But I have to turn off my Moto360 watch, because Euc world kills the battery life on it if I leave it on.

I don't use a horn so my middle button just quick accesses the Pebble menu in order to shut the watch down after a ride. Top button opens up the Pebble EUC World app and bottom button opens the Pebble music player. I'm really liking the current setup and being able to play/pause/skip track/adjust volume from my Pebble is brilliant. I stream via Bluetooth to a JBL Flip 5 which is small but sounds great and is loud enough for my needs. Straps really neatly to the bottom of my rucksack too (which is always with me).

• Like 2

Got my second pebble 2 days ago but i couldn’t get it to work.

I was going crazy, watched @Sebas video a dozen of times but it just wouldn’t work.:furious:

I just have a really old cheap android phone that i only use for wheellog and the pebble when i ride.

So i tried everything installed deinstalled installed deinstalled nothing. Then i saw that the firmware was older then on my other pebble so i tried to get it to update, but nope wouldn’t let me, sucker. :w00t2:

Ok new day, maybe new luck?

After a few new attempts with no luck i thought maybe something is wrong with the pebble, but i did a last try but this time with my iPhone, and voila, connected, did the update in a few seconds, connected it to the android, loaded wheellog to the pebble, job done, me happy. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a Ticwatch E but I can't see the screen in day light.  I am thinking of buying a Pebble.  I know nothing about Pebble except that they are discontinued.  

What models would you recommend for the EUC World app?

Thanks,

Bruce

My Pebble arrived today.  Relatively painless process to link with WheelLog thanks to Seba's video.

Now if I could be rid of this screen:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvkrJK3mWp2slqUc7FvHQsg9L6_O-A?e=Zzpqi6

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bruce

2 hours ago, PennBruce said:

My Pebble arrived today.  Relatively painless process to link with WheelLog thanks to Seba's video.

Now if I could be rid of this screen:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvkrJK3mWp2slqUc7FvHQsg9L6_O-A?e=Zzpqi6

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bruce

I've never seen that screen

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've never seen that screen

I got rid of the screen.  I turned on health in the Pebble app and the screen went away.

Bruce

• Like 1

Have I mentioned how nice it is to have a watch that I can read in daylight with my sunglasses on?

Bruce

• Like 2

• 1 month later...