EUC World / WheelLog and the Pebble Watch

My Moto 360 watch would die after 30 min, but my Pebble has done much better, I do two 20 minute rides each day, and the battery still last about 2 days at least, usually charge it once a day. For this reason I stopped using my expensive Moto 360 (about $160) and now only use the Pebble ($40).

Edited by John Walden

Mine also used, for the last year I used the Z10 while riding to work every day, about 7km total, plus a bit of fun once a week the watch lasted about two full days and some more, cause the Z10 didn't sent battery updates like crazy for the battery.. Less data transmitted the more it lasts. 

Now that I ride the Nikola Plus 100V 1800Wh with 21700 cells that the battery level changes like 3-4 times in a second, 😜, when using the wheel the same way the watch lasts roughly 2 days. 

When I used it from 100% for 5 hours straight I got home and the watch had 30% battery left. 

8 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Buy now bro, you won't find pebbles in about half a year from now.

Could well be, it's surprising how popular a discontinued watch can be.  I've been considering purchase a spare.

Bruce

• Like 2

Still waiting for my wheel, but getting ready for it is a great excuse to bring my Nexus 4 and Pebble Time out of retirement! This setup I think will work well, better and less expensive than my Apple Watch :)

KBcuGHE.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Lefteris said:

I've created a fork of the original WheelLogPebble of JumpMaster and now it can display current and voltage..

next week maybe a 3rd screen with information :D 

This is slick, thanks. Nice to find new unexpected life for my Pebble Time that's been buried in a drawer for a few years now...been so long I forgot that thing even had a color display.

Edited by manieuc
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, Lefteris said:

p.s. new version is coming up.. no current just voltage time in the upper left corner and big numbers for speed gauge

image.png.fbbca2981f9823b53b006aab93acec29.png

Big numbers for speed!!! Yesss! You da man, this will be exactly what I need! I dont even need to show kmh/mph if that makes the speed any bigger!

Edit: actually, now that I have looked at it, is your 'big speed' version any bigger than the original, or is it just the addition of time and voltage?

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 2

I'm so happy that you like it!

But yes, it's the same as the original +time+voltage

There is a version with time inside the arch and smaller speed, with voltage and current at the top. That is why i said with big speed gauge.

But... i can make one with huge speed and no arch if you like.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

But... i can make one with huge speed and no arch if you like.. 

That would be awesome! Yes, time top left, voltage top right, no arch and big speed would be great thanks :)

Although the arch makes it look pretty, I am not sure its actually of much use to me. Just a big speed reading would be more beneficial.

In fact, I also think that doing away with the temp and battery icons to allow the data figures to be bigger would massively help in the same way...

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Bumping an old thread.  This is PURE GOLD!!  
I have two old Pebble watches: an origional and a Time Steel, from the old KickStarter days, but have not used either since sometime shortly after Fitbit bought Pebble....  Because of this thread I have revived my old Pebble Steel, installed Pebble Rebble, and now have WheelLog up and running.  
What a wonderful thing!  

Thank you!  <3 

• 5 months later...

+1, just installed it on Pebble 2, works!
(its necessary to not install it from Rebble app store directly - the result is incompatible app. Correct way is to install it from pbw file as it is in video. Tested: EucWorldPebble_1.0tv_all)
obrazek.png.65f7cc3468df991e8bf61c15e8b68976.png

Edited by Miko.cz
add ver

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get round to programming the speed digits to be bigger? My eyes have gotten worse at close up stuff even in just the last year, I could really use a bigger speed display! I don't really want to go the route of using a bigger lemfo etc/small phone as the Pebble setup works well and lasts me all day.