Gotway MSX V2 2020: What to expect

Do you mean a further iteration of the MSX, or simply the next msuper? The 21700 MSX could be seen as the latest MSX iteration.

For a new msuper, I would like to see:

• New design from scratch that is more ergonomic and allows for various battery configurations (instead of shoehorning them in later) and is just overall more professional (e.g. cable management).
  • Better trolley handle.
  • Better seated option.
  • Proper motorcycle-level lights instead of the meek flashlights we have now (that applies to all wheels).
1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

My suggestion for the MSX V2 2020, It should have low end torque like the 16x but on a 19inch wheel

I believe that's just unrealistic. Or would need painful amounts of battery to accelerate. Some more focus on torque would certainly be nice, though.

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

- 3000w motor nominal but can be reduced to 2000w nominal through a setting in the app to get more range. So you can chose range or power(reduced range) however when you reach 40% battery capacity, the wheel will reduce motor power to 2000w nominal power.

I don't believe this is possible. How is an app setting supposed to change how the motor is built? The number of windings/magnets, the wiring thickness and so on decides how a motor behaves.

Electric cars have gearboxes for this reason. A simple BLDC electric motor that behaves well at low speeds and at high speeds just doesn't seem possible. (I don't want geared EUCs, though, too problematic in various aspects.)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Do you mean a further iteration of the MSX, or simply the next msuper? The 21700 MSX could be seen as the latest MSX iteration.

For a new msuper, I would like to see:

• New design from scratch that is more ergonomic and allows for various battery configurations (instead of shoehorning them in later) and is just overall more professional (e.g. cable management).
  • Better trolley handle.
  • Better seated option.
  • Proper motorcycle-level lights instead of the meek flashlights we have now (that applies to all wheels).

I believe that's just unrealistic. Or would need painful amounts of battery to accelerate. Some more focus on torque would certainly be nice, though.

I don't believe this is possible. How is an app setting supposed to change how the motor is built? The number of windings/magnets, the wiring thickness and so on decides how a motor behaves.

Electric cars have gearboxes for this reason. A simple BLDC electric motor that behaves well at low speeds and at high speeds just doesn't seem possible. (I don't want geared EUCs, though, too problematic in various aspects.)

Tesla cars have ludicrous mode and Sport mode. Varies power delivery 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

You can't just change a motors nominal wattage rating in an app :roflmao:

So, how does Tesla do it?

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-ludicrous-inconel-superalloy/

In theory, something similar could be done on a smaller scale. And the control of the fuse could be controlled in an app, just like the software buttons in a Tesla.

Tesla-Ludicrous-plus-easter-egg.jpg

Ludicrous mode EUC!  :shock2: :popcorn:

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 7:46 PM, ZenRyder said:

So, how does Tesla do it?

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-ludicrous-inconel-superalloy/

In theory, something similar could be done on a smaller scale. And the control of the fuse could be controlled in an app, just like the software buttons in a Tesla.

Tesla-Ludicrous-plus-easter-egg.jpg

Ludicrous mode EUC!  :shock2: :popcorn:

This is different. You can't change the windings in a motor via software. What tesla does is what is done with many other electric motors. Like the modes on electric skateboards and do on. Basically it just changes via software. How quickly you make the motor accelerate. So that the motor doesn't ramp up to full power instantly, but takes a few seconds. This could be compared to soft mode on eucs. But not really. Because the euc needs instant power to keep you balanced. So a slow speed ramp would not work. Soft mode is essentially that. But with some tricks to keep the balance

They could call it 'faceplant mode' and allow the user to select the power limit at which a faceplant will occur ... with appropriate warnings a few seconds before it triggers..:smartass:

Edited by Nic
  • Like 2

I'm actually going to be in the market for a 16X upgraded and would love to know that a MSX V2 was in the pipeline rather than grabbing a Nikola plus.

Wants:

100V+

2000wh+

45mph top speed with rider weight of 195lbs (85kg)

acceleration equal to 16X

internal trolley handle

water proof speakers

improved headlight 

under 60lbs

Edited by BleepBloopBlop
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

Traction control 

my MSX left a huge burnout in the 7-11 when I had a coffee and sandwich in my hands and it decided to do a runner...

3 weeks later I went back and they asked me to take it outside LOL

I guess that is the result of the lack of lift handle button to shot off the motor from spinning or the ill thought out trolley handle located at the back.

• Like 1

100% the trolley handle

but also my fault as I had things in both hands

But back to the traction control, who knows it could be a thing, my MSX won’t climb this as it just spins, the V10F did, sort of...

Edited by Trevor Phillips

On 11/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, Afeez Kay said:

- 3000w motor nominal but can be reduced to 2000w nominal through a setting in the app to get more range. So you can chose range or power(reduced range) however when you reach 40% battery capacity, the wheel will reduce motor power to 2000w nominal power.

We have an ONYX bike rider that come out to the group ride regularly. I always stare at his back wheel and that 6000w motor and think how great it would be if I had that in my monster.

Gotway seems to just use one motor and adapt it to all their wheels, I know for the monster at least the 2000w motor feels under powered. it would be nice if they push the motor design but I have no idea if they are at all plugged in as to what we want.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

We have an ONYX bike rider that come out to the group ride regularly. I always stare at his back wheel and that 6000w motor and think how great it would be if I had that in my monster.

Gotway seems to just use one motor and adapt it to all their wheels, I know for the monster at least the 2000w motor feels under powered. it would be nice if they push the motor design but I have no idea if they are at all plugged in as to what we want.

I could ask them.. let's see what they say..

On 11/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, Trevor Phillips said:

Traction control 

my MSX left a huge burnout in the 7-11 when I had a coffee and sandwich in my hands and it decided to do a runner...

3 weeks later I went back and they asked me to take it outside LOL

the msx tire is in general just not grippy enough. one second you have perfect grip. the second you are taking a turn and it slides in the rain like as if it was on butter. i have fallen off / stepped off 4-6 times just in a few months from rain. and also had it spin out 2 times in a store because of slippery floor and wet tire. never had this issue with my tesla, the msx tire is just too slick. most other eucs have all terrain tires mounted. if you look at the msx thread compared with the other euc tires. you can see the others have angled threads. while the msx is just a line cut into the tire.

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

the msx tire is just too slick

I've also slid the tire a few times, especially in the wet. My short-term solution has been to just use a lower tire pressure.

However, in general I prefer running a pretty high pressure - around 42-44PSI for a 170lb rider. 

If I were especially worried about grip, I'd run mid 30's