Gotway MSX V2 2020: What to expect

On 11/15/2019 at 2:42 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I believe that's just unrealistic. Or would need painful amounts of battery to accelerate. Some more focus on torque would certainly be nice, though.

Exactly, unrealistic. Acceleration/torque is one of the most misunderstood parts of EUC physics and geometry. An EUC will never accelerate faster than the amount of lean requires, no matter what the max power rating of the motor is. Self balancing vehicles don’t accelerate in a sense that other vehicles do. The only thing they do is catch up. If the EUC doesn’t need to catch up as fast as you’d like, you need to lean more. This has been discussed in marvellous detail in earlier threads, if anyone wishes to read further.

The MSX can already accelerate marvellously fast. But since the tire diameter is huge, you need to lean that much further for the same amount of acceleration. Just like a gas pedal that has a longer travel, you just need to push it further.

Focusing on firmware can help though. If the firmware lets you fall a bit before catching up, accelerating requires less effort to lean. This is what makes the 16X feel snappier than Nikola. But the instant response of the firmware is what makes the rock hard pedals that many people love in Gotway wheels.

Hugely larger pedals would make the larger lean feel more stable though, less standing at the pedal edge.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:16 AM, Afeez Kay said:

Tesla cars have ludicrous mode and Sport mode. Varies power delivery 

MSX power delivery also has three modes: Soft, Medium and Hard. They affect the range a bit as well.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:23 PM, BleepBloopBlop said:

acceleration equal to 16X

If you mean ”as effortless as 16X”, you want a 16” (x 3.0”) wheel. If you mean ”as capable as”, I think the current MSX might already have it.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, Trevor Phillips said:

But back to the traction control, who knows it could be a thing

So while the EUC is catching up to prevent you from falling forward, you would like it to limit it’s power? My first EUC already had a traction control like that...

On 11/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, Trevor Phillips said:

my MSX won’t climb this as it just spins, the V10F did, sort of...

Replace the slippery factory install tire with a ChaoYang H-666 and you get the ”traction control” you long for.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

About that traction control 

didn’t get a picture of the skidmark

but I went to the 7/11 I did the burnout in that I’ve previously mentioned

my bad LOL

sorry about the sideways pic, it’s the right way around on my phone

for those wondering...

the MSX burned rubber and couldn’t be polished off so they replaced the Lino tiles LOL

4FA563E5-2DB0-480A-BC4F-CC24D90E9596.thumb.jpeg.77b74b857618fb531822177d8ee97e94.jpeg

8 hours ago, Daley1 said:

what about gloves/wristguards with haptic feedback for alarms instead of auditory alerts u cant here .Maybe the new version of  @gyroriders v3?

Yes exactly something like this is needed when we are pushing 40mph in the wind...so we're not wondering...was that my wheel beeping or someone unlocking their car...oh well guess I'll die :eff02518bb:

Edited by MrRobot

Just a thought after reading mrelwods comment. What if eucs had a wireless throttle control like the esk8 so riders wouldnt have to rely on leaning or weight distribution for more speed/acceleration maybe lesser cutouts too?

9 hours ago, eUNIty said:

Just a thought after reading mrelwods comment. What if eucs had a wireless throttle control like the esk8 so riders wouldnt have to rely on leaning or weight distribution for more speed/acceleration maybe lesser cutouts too?

Please no.

• Like 3

Not to bash you eUNITY because ideas are great but Never a remote!!!!!!!!Ever. EUC's are amazing because of what they are and how they work. 

11 hours ago, eUNIty said:

That won't work. Your feet need to be spaced apart far enough in the direction of movement to be able to handle an acceleration without falling backwards. ESK8 riders can confirm this. If you don't position your feet far enough apart and prepare yourself for the acceleration, you will fall backwards. On euc this is essentially impossible to do, since your feet are right next to eachother. There are also a multitude of other issues with this approach. 

And even if it was possible, you will be losing out on one of the key features making eucs so good. The intuitive controls! No speeder. Just leaning, which would be a shame. 

Edited by Shad0z

19 hours ago, eUNIty said:

Just a thought after reading mrelwods comment. What if eucs had a wireless throttle control like the esk8 so riders wouldnt have to rely on leaning or weight distribution

Guys, don’t worry, he’s just messing with me. :lol:

On 1/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, mrelwood said:

Guys, don’t worry, he’s just messing with me. :lol:

I got a bit scared there. Like some in this forum completely missed the basics about how a EUC works. Funny though 😅

But didn’t GW make it official On FB that a new MSX is on the way. Anyone heard or read anything else about this?

6 hours ago, TonyHtp said:

I got a bit scared there. Like some in this forum completely missed the basics about how a EUC works. Funny though 😅

Some have, and I keep trying to explain, sometimes having to fight a bit of frustration. And exactly that is what I believe he was joking about... (Or I completely misread the intent, in which case I apologize! Then just replace my previous answer with a long and rambling post about physics included with horrible analogues.)

6 hours ago, TonyHtp said:

But didn’t GW make it official On FB that a new MSX is on the way. Anyone heard or read anything else about this?

It is under works, yes, with two other new GW wheels! One of which is said to be a 20” wheel. I don’t know if it’ll be a MiniMonster or an MSX20. Or wether they might calculate a 18x3.5 or 4.0 tire to make a 18” wheel a 20” wheel.

• 2 weeks later...