What do you do with your helmet when you arrive?

Qwert

Just wondering what most of you guys do with your helmet when you get to where you're going? Grocery store / mall for example
Just hold it in one hand, wheel in the other?
Fashioned some attachment to dangle it off your helmet?
Do you have a full face or half shell?

Edited by Qwert

I don't wear helmet for grocery shopping. Just wrist-guards are enough.

Helmet is really needed only for off-road or high speeds.

In the store the helmet usually either lands in my backpack or in the shopping cart alongside the unicycle. :)

Edited by atdlzpae

56 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No, helmet is only needed when you crash. And I have been able to crash at a slower speed.

I agree. I was able to buttplant at 0km/h when trying to climb a slightly too high curb. :)

I'm not trying to discourage people from wearing helmets. I'll definitely change the way I speak about that in the future.

• Like 1

It varies, when shopping, I just take the euc put it in the cart, put my helmet upside down beside it then throw my gloves and sometimes my elbow pads in the helmet. My wife is a bartender, if I ride up to hang out and have a few I bring the second set of keys and all goes in the trunk of her car.  At the gym the wheel goes in a corner laying on its side, backpack on top of it and the helmet sits on top of the backpack.  

I always ride with a quality back pack. It is light weight and expands when needed. When collapsed it is hardly bigger than a camel back. When expanded it holds 3 or 4 plastic bags full of groceries. I store my safety gear in the back pack when not using my wheel. On the way out of the store I swap the helmet and groceries. I am just waiting for a store to ask to check my back pack for "misplace items". I would be glad to let them search. When I get home I take the groceries out and store my safety gear in it till next time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the front tire of my mountain bike burst when I hit an obstacle at 25 mph while navigating a 90 degree turn.  No helmet, on asphalt, and somehow I managed to keep my head from hitting the pavement.  Separated my shoulder, fractured scapula, and collar bone.  That was 13 years ago.  I have worn a helmet ever since.  

• Like 2