Kingsong 16x vs Gotway Monster v3

ZenGlide

So, opportunity has finally arisen to allow my third wheel purchase. But I can't decide between the Kingsong 16x and the Gotway Monster v3. I have a z10 and an MSX rn and I'm looking for a slightly different ride, I feel like the 16x would handle similar to the MSX while the monsters larger heavier size would feel more rugged. Insight Anyone?

1 minute ago, ZenGlide said:

So, opportunity has finally arisen to allow my third wheel purchase. But I can't decide between the Kingsong 16x and the Gotway Monster v3. I have a z10 and an MSX rn and I'm looking for a slightly different ride, I feel like the 16x would handle similar to the MSX while the monsters larger heavier size would feel more rugged. Insight Anyone?

I am pretty sure the KS16X do not handle like or similar a MSX. The MSX is a "fast" cruising wheel. That is what it do great. 

I think this is the best way I have been able to express why I love my KS16X so far.

That was a good read. And many points are reasons I'm really considering the KS16x. I love the idea of a smaller, nimble, fast enough wheel that's stable and changes feel at speed but I've heard the same of the Monster. Definitely pulling to the 16x side more now though

• Like 1

The Monster is a bigger MSX. Some of the things the MSX can do it can do better, like handle rough terrain and bumps and ride at high speed safely.
The 16X will allow you to do some things that you can't do on the MSX or Z10. Like climb steeper hills and inclines. It is also a very different riding feel.

@stephen also has a Z10 and a MSX and is now also a 16X owner and loving it.

So do you want a less agile wheel or a more agile wheel? That will be the difference between the MSX and the 16X.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZenGlide said:

The ks 16x is a bit like the z10 and msx 

A slight z10 feeling at turning

Msx smooth power but faster acceleration but not fast top speed 

What you could do 😁

Sell the msx&z10 and buy the monster v3 and the 16x and you've still got the same feeling as all 4 of the wheels 😊

Which ever way you do it you won't be disappointed in the 16x it's now my main wheel it has everything apart from top speed

If they brought a ks16x 100v with speed of 35mph and have needs to demand more voltage that would be on my hit list straight away 😁😁😁 16x motor has so much torque 

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, stephen said:

If they brought a ks16x 100v with speed of 35mph and have needs to demand more voltage that would be on my hit list straight away 😁😁😁 16x motor has so much torque

No, not faster but even more torque which can be easily obtained when going uphill. :D

From what I hear, people are still able to easily get to 45km/h on the 16x, which is generally MORE than enough for me. I kinda just want the Monster so I know I CAN go faster if I wanted 😋

On 10/4/2019 at 4:22 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

The Monster is a bigger MSX. Some of the things the MSX can do it can do better, like handle rough terrain and bumps and ride at high speed safely.
The 16X will allow you to do some things that you can't do on the MSX or Z10. Like climb steeper hills and inclines. It is also a very different riding feel.

So do you want a less agile wheel or a more agile wheel? That will be the difference between the MSX and the 16X.

Eh that video was highly bias. They should have had the same rider use different wheels to try to get up the same hill. It was obvious that the guy on the XL was heavier and also less skilled at hill climbing then the guy on the 16x. The guy on the Nikola didn’t even try. 

53 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Eh that video was highly bias. They should have had the same rider use different wheels to try to get up the same hill. It was obvious that the guy on the XL was heavier and also less skilled at hill climbing then the guy on the 16x. The guy on the Nikola didn’t even try. 

You are so funny.... 

They are out to ride together and have fun. And you ask for a wheel comparison reference video. 

It just show people can have fun on any wheel. Even with different skill and experience too. It is not the same as any wheel will serve all purpose equal. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

You are so funny.... 

They are out to ride together and have fun. And you ask for a wheel comparison reference video. 

It just show people can have fun on any wheel. Even with different skill and experience too. It is not the same as any wheel will serve all purpose equal. 

Huh? The entire video was a wheel comparison video. They were all the doing the same hill. Any uninformed viewer would see it as whichever wheel can make it up is better at hill climbing. It paints a false light on the capabilities of the wheels in the video. Great way to make it look like the 16x is miles better than all those wheels at hill climbing, when it’s clearly the skill of the user that’s more at play than the capability of the wheel. 

I can make a video with no description in it and show a Monster vs a 16x and have the experienced rider on the Monster kick the 16x newbies ass in a drag race. And post it with no reason in a thread about comparing wheels and have people think “man the monster can accelerate better than the 16x!”

There was no reason to post that video if you thought it was merely for “fun” in a thread that’s about comparing different wheels. You obviously had an agenda to push the capabilities of the 16x which is where my comment comes in to play that they should have had the same rider on different wheels. 

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Huh? The entire video was a wheel comparison video. They were all the doing the same hill. Any uninformed viewer would see it as whichever wheel can make it up is better at hill climbing. It paints a false light on the capabilities of the wheels in the video. Great way to make it look like the 16x is miles better than all those wheels at hill climbing, when it’s clearly the skill of the user that’s more at play than the capability of the wheel. 

I can make a video with no description in it and show a Monster vs a 16x and have the experienced rider on the Monster kick the 16x newbies ass in a drag race. And post it with no reason in a thread about comparing wheels and have people think “man the monster can accelerate better than the 16x!”

There was no reason to post that video if you thought it was merely for “fun” in a thread that’s about comparing different wheels. You obviously had an agenda to push the capabilities of the 16x which is where my comment comes in to play that they should have had the same rider on different wheels. 

I'm the one that posted it. I'm also the one who fell at the beginning of the hill on the Tesla. The tyre was a bit too slick. I might have been able to push the MSX up as I have over 5000km on it and I am quite familiar with it by now. The other riders don't do much hill climbing so I have an advantage in that regard and an advantage again as I had the 16X. The clip was posted at the end of the below post made by me.

On 10/4/2019 at 10:22 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

Thus the context.

So yes, the skill of the rider definitely is an issue. The geometry of the wheel, height of the pedals and grip of the tyre are also issues.

I have done comparisons with me on the 16X and the Tesla. Me on the MSX and the 18XL. As well as other riders. Skill on different wheels then becomes an issue as well.

None of this is relevant though as I merely informed the OP that coming from a Monster the 16X would be a much more different wheel with more possibilities than what he would get from adding an MSX to his collection. That was my invitation to the OP. 5000km+ on the MSX and 1900km on the 16X. I have never been on a Monster but would sure love to try one some day. The 16X takes me up hills that I have failed many times on the MSX. The 16X has failed me entirely though in that I have sent it back for repairs while the MSX is alive and kicking with zero problems.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2019 at 2:30 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

Great way to make it look like the 16x is miles better than all those wheels at hill climbing, when it’s clearly the skill of the user that’s more at play

Since as you say it’s clear from the video that skill is the main factor, why would it look like the 16X would be miles better?

20 minutes ago, ZenGlide said:

I decided to go with the 16x. 😁 So keen!!!

Great choice! The Monster is such a speciality wheel, it doesn’t seem to be getting it’s money’s worth of riding for some riders.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Since as you say it’s clear from the video that skill is the main factor, why would it look like the 16X would be miles better?

To people new to the hobby they don’t understand that skill is a much larger factor. Hence why when they see the vid they’d think it was just the wheel (16x) that could get up steep hills.

Edited by Darrell Wesh

2 hours ago, ZenGlide said:

I decided to go with the 16x. 😁 So keen!!!

Congratulations on your wheel choice now I'm looking forward to your thoughts about the decision you've made 👍👍 when does it arrive 😁