KS18XL vs MSX

Marty Backe

Wonderful video!

But somehow I suspect the distance of the wheels to you shows your personal preferences, with the Z10 closest to your heart;) You're basically shielding it from prying views and hands:D

m.thumb.jpg.70d8ce49e2c16664cbecb2a9409522bf.jpg

And the 100V MSX is actually the fastest wheel of them all. At least on paper. Whether you want 60+ kph speeds on the MSX instead of the 100V Monster is another question. I wouldn't want them on either.

• Like 3

We always hear the arguments about what is fastest? I currently own the 100V MSX and previously owned the 100V Monster. @meepmeepmayer why do you believe that the MSX is faster? Acceleration yes. Top speed? the Monster is faster, you will sustain higher speeds for longer on the Monster, also as it is more effortless and much more stable at speed. 

Edited by ED209
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ED209 said:

Yes, but in the real world, the Monster is faster. Have you forgotten the Video of the Crazy Russian reaching 72kmh on the Monster?? Show me someone exceeding 68kmh on an MSX please. I wouldn't dare exceed 65kmh on mine. 

Seeing is believing

🙏

Is this Gotway app speed, out of curiosity anyone know if Gotway app speed is at least semi accurate, well same question go for other brands too I suppose? If not, what is the differential?

I regularly monitor my speed with a 3rd party GPS speedometer app on my iPhone AND use Gotway, Kingsong or Wheellog Apps on my Huawei phone. I get audible alarms, tiltback, and displayed speed at identical times on the two phones and the wheel. Sometimes my GPS lags briefly by 1 mph. Some people say the recorded distance travelled in the apps is inconsistent, I haven't tested any distance data.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I regularly monitor my speed with a 3rd party GPS speedometer app on my iPhone AND use Gotway, Kingsong or Wheellog Apps on my Huawei phone. I get audible alarms, tiltback, and displayed speed at identical times on the two phones and the wheel. Sometimes my GPS lags briefly by 1 mph. Some people say the recorded distance travelled in the apps is inconsistent, I haven't tested any distance data.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

what speedometer app do you use? Been looking for a good one and have had no luck so far. 

On 5/25/2019 at 10:36 PM, ED209 said:

Yes, but in the real world, the Monster is faster. Have you forgotten the Video of the Crazy Russian reaching 72kmh on the Monster?? Show me someone exceeding 68kmh on an MSX please. I wouldn't dare exceed 65kmh on mine. 

Seeing is believing 

🙏

If this is the MSX 64V only...

• Like 2

Hello @Damarafaka, I enjoy watching your video's, I am one of your subscribers, you are one of the bravest riders ever, can't believe you rode backwards at 50kmh 👀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ED209 said:

Hello @Damarafaka, I enjoy watching your video's, I am one of your subscribers, you are one of the bravest riders ever, can't believe you rode backwards at 50kmh 👀

Thank you, really appreciate your comment, too kind!

• Like 2

@Marty Backe thanks for taking the time to review and point things out, I have tried 18XL and to be honest I absolutely love MSX and personally would choose it anytime over 18XL, but I really agree with your view. If you after speed MSX it is, but if just a cruising wheel and safer wheel, 18XL it is.

• Like 1

Very valuable content once again, @Marty Backe. A quick recap, probably weighted with my own opinions:

For silent off-road or aggressive high-speed riding: MSX. Prepare to sacrifice on the extras and comfort, and a bit of range.

For comfortable cruising and travelling: 18XL. Prepare to sacrifice a bit on raw power and off-road capabilities, and gain a bit of engine whine.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well @Marty Backe since the recent events, I fully understand that steep hill tests isn't part of your test schedule anymore. 

I do however propose a new challange for your testing, how easy is it to do this?

Joke aside, I wounder what on earth they were thinking releasing such a promotion video. 

Note: I still envy that fantastic red paint job you did on that KS18XL. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1