Jyroball

Gustesta

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Still crap compared to what's available on the market in pretty much every aspect. I'm not sure if the people making this are not aware of the real EUC market, or this is just more or less a scam.

😄😄 They are hoping customers are not aware of us

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A better looking version of the Solowheel Iota.

Still crap compared to what's available on the market in pretty much every aspect. I'm not sure if the people making this are not aware of the real EUC market, or this is just more or less a scam.

I don't know, man; if I were a German I'd be pissing my pants if that thing came rolling down my Zentrumstradt. It looks deadly to pedestrians,a menace to city street users, especially if it plays that intro indigogo music.

• 2 weeks later...

They are aware of EUCs, but I would say they believe this could be the next hit as the hoverboard was.

Anyways, I know a known EUC rider in NY was test riding it. 

I'm also in touch with the people working on it in Dublin, so I may have a chance to test ride the prototype once they receive it here. 

They have another nice product which is more of a beast.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1

This article is interesting because the authors are aware of the bigger more powerful wheels yet see this is a viable option. Perhaps it is.

https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-unicycle-hoverboard-news/jyroball-electric-unicycle-is-the-next-big-thing/amp/

With 9 kg, 18 Km/h speed, 20 Km/h tilt-back and 500-watt motor; we can go places where we wouldn’t normally take 15-24 Kg EUCs like Inmotion V10 or Ninebot ONE Z.

• Upvote 2

Too bad that a V5F is still far more useful. Or even an IPS i5. More speed, better form factor, etc. The good thing about the jyroball is the price, but if the form factor makes it mostly useless/more of a toy, I hope it doesn't put people off the concept instead of interesting them.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

I really don't like the ball format just for the sake of being a ball, but if it were just a little bigger and hollow inside, it could be the first EUC with storage. I want to see storage for a folding helmet and wrist guards when shut, and space for keys and wallet while underway. Having the storage at the center of the ball means the load won't shift unpredictably while moving.

1 hour ago, Gustesta said:
"JYROBALL: 500W Self Balancing Electric Rideable" is under review. It is not accepting contributions."

Wow! I was looking forward to trying it. Not to compete against the amazingness we already know and love, but as a little trick ball/wheel(?) to keep in the trunk and bust out in parking lots, or skate parks for fun groover-bot sessions...

• Like 1

Balls roll down hill. Nifty as it looks, I wouldn't want to bust myself, and then go scavenger hunt in the general direction of "down".

How would the jyroball stop itself if the rider jumps off? Can it prevent itself from rolling away sideways?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It does look a bit toy like. However! I hope the EUC makers do not forget the lighter weight commuter type wheels. All the current wheels of this type on the market have been around for a few years now, and really could do with a redesign and be bought more up to date. At the moment the manufacturers all seem intent on introducing ever heavier, bigger, higher performance, more expensive wheels,  that while brilliant things only appeal to a part of the market…as good as they are, they are not for everyone.