A Mix of unfortunate events is Ruining my EUC Experience

seage

Title seems dramatic, lol, but its real. Maybe i'm just letting myself get too frustrated. 

So firstly, I own the KS-18XL. I love this wheel, its awesome, but I feel like i cant do half of what its capable of doing. Others on their 18's ride...verry differently from me. 

We'll start with connectivity and apps. Oh...my god. I feel like somehow it got worse. When i first go it, the kingsong app connected once every blood moon, but thankfully i didnt really need it as i'd just use wheel log. These days the kingsong app connects almost all the time, but no longer reads my battery. Instead is stuck on 100%. This started a day after that 3.0.9 update that we were forced to get. Not sure if they rolled out an auto update to it after that that jacked everything up, but theres not much I can do. 

Next is wheellog. Before it was a BIT harder to connect, but once connected it would stay connected. Not anymore. On my ride just now, about 10 minutes across town i had to turn my wheel on and off at least 12 times to get it to register and connect. It wont even find the 18 sometimes. And other times, even when it does, it wont connect. But if im playing music through the wheel, i have 0 problems. All the while im having app connectivity problems, the music doesnt even stutter. 

Now riding. I got a point on my 16s that I no longer got speed wobble. If the wheel DID wobble after a bump i could control it under my feet and it would be okay. Now on the 18, if the wind even THINKS about blowing, im wobbling. Ive found that im gripping the wheel for dear life now and my feet are aching in a matter of minutes, because i feel like if i get any speed at all, its going to start wobbling. Any bump, any wind, anything at all and im gonna wobble, and I lose all my confidence, and that feeling of zen and oneness just flys out the window and is replaced with anxiety and discomfort. Ive found ive gone from relaxed to very stiff and tense when I ride. My feet are tense. The upper part of my leg is gripping the wheel (depending on the material of my pants, that rubber sticks and i kinda hold on to it to accelerate or else i feel im gonna fall). My arms are not relaxed at all. In any video I see of myself, I noticed im overcompensating for every bump, trying to keep my balance, where everyone elses body barely moves on a bump. 

Im coming up on 400km on this wheel now, and I feel like i should be better. Even in group rides im sitting in the back because I cant keep up with my friends on their 16s, and then 10 minutes in, my feet are fully cramping because of just how unrelaxed my body is. Part of it is the wobbles and the lack of comfort and the other part is the fact that i cant even rely on my watch for my alarms and the vibration, which is almost like a security blanket for me, as it turns off whenever the hell it feels like.  Im not sure what to do. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you played with the tire pressure? Maybe try riding with lower pressure to reduce wobbles then increase it by 1 PSI per day? How much armor do you wear. I feel much more confident and "safer" when wearing full motorcycle gear on my 18XL. Sometimes I get wobbles (mostly when braking hard). I also ride into pretty strong headwinds coming home from work. Enough to hear the 31 MPH beeps at 24 MPH. To help with the wobbles, I've been practicing riding while squating with my knees way out to force my legs to stay loose. Even reached down and touched the ground while riding(like surfers or skateboarders). Lastly, skill is only half the battle. Luck is what gets most people far in life. When I went to the pump track for the first time I just knew that I had to leave the ground straight up or else I would be in trouble. My luck only lasted so long until I fell...

image.png.2219242ba492af1783e33ec5475a7fa6.png

You don't need the KS app to ride; unless you need a recalibration then why bother using it? 

As for speed wobbles and riding fast with others, it's my recommendation that you simply need more quality hours with your wheel.

Quality hours does not mean cruising on the street with 90 degree turns, but instead a decidedly more challenging environment. Find a park path or even a parking lot that you can fake a path, and use it like a tiny go kart path, and go round and round many times. Many many times, where you'll come back to the same spots within a short period of time. Within 20 minutes to two hours you'll get some idea of how you would like your wheel to handle, and now you can play with your tire pressure so it handles better.

Then, when you're comfortable, do the second thing with a rougher path, dirt or gravel perhaps, with roots and jumps. Perhaps cobblestone. 

400 km is a lot if they are quality KMS, but, conversely, if you're cruising on the flats with no turns, it's not a lot. Those traffic cones or poles you see...they are placed there for you to slalom around as fast as you can, as often as you can, forwards and backwards.

Slow down. You're better off relaxing at slower speeds. You'll get better in time. You should be having fun while you're riding, not stressing. Find some dirt trails to ride. You'll fall, but dirt isn't painful and you'll be wearing your skate pads and helmet with chin bar.

I just went to a mountain bike practice area this past weekend, all dirt, rocks, twigs. I fell many times. No pain at all, because of the soft dirt and padding. Had a great time.

20 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Have you played with the tire pressure? Maybe try riding with lower pressure to reduce wobbles then increase it by 1 PSI per day?

When I first got the wheel, it was pumped to like diamond level. I felt evvvvvvvvverything. I was flying over every bump in the road. After that I let out too much air but was able to take bumps like a thuglette. Pumped it back up to 45psi and it was hard to ride again. So I let out maybe......a pound or so? It wasnt much..id say 44 to 42psi now. I can take bumps much easier now, but those damn wobbles.... Do you think less psi should help?

23 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

How much armor do you wear. I feel much more confident and "safer" when wearing full motorcycle gear on my 18XL.

I wear full gear almost all the time. I look like a halo character. Elbow pads, bulky knees, gloves, flexmeters and an undersized pleather jacket that i think is cool. Oh and the fullface bell super helmet. I do feel safe in it, to the point im able to ride up to where I feel like im about to die. Otherwise i wouldnt poke the sleeping dragon at all. 

25 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Sometimes I get wobbles (mostly when braking hard). I also ride into pretty strong headwinds coming home from work. Enough to hear the 31 MPH beeps at 24 MPH. To help with the wobbles, I've been practicing riding while squating with my knees way out to force my legs to stay loose. Even reached down and touched the ground while riding(like surfers or skateboarders).

I actually managed to avoid wobbles in emergency breaks,noooooo idea how that works. But im happy for it,, haha. And yeah, headwinds and cross winds mash me up. Ive never hit 24mph yet. Ive yet to experience going 40kmph, haha. Cant seem to push past 37kmph before the wobbles get too much and I need to back off. Im going to try the squatting thing. Also wear some pants that dont grip the rubber pads as much. I think my sweat pants do a pretty good job at that. I was able to touch the ground on my 16. 18 not yet. 

28 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Lastly, skill is only half the battle. Luck is what gets most people far in life. When I went to the pump track for the first time I just knew that I had to leave the ground straight up or else I would be in trouble. My luck only lasted so long until I fell...

Heh, yeah... well ive been lucky to not bust my ass yet, but its only a matter of time. Im aware of this. But at the moment I just want to overcome what I feel my skill is limiting. I know I can...... Asjiasdkaj. Soon. I'll lower the pressure and practice. Thanks mate.

Try letting some air out, I don't measure my pressure, but back when I did the 45 was way too hard for me. It makes me feel all squirrely like it pivots to easy, gives me a bumpy ride, and is just no fun. I pump it up until I can squeeze the tire in about a quarter inch if I squeeze really hard. I do them all like that because I like it. I'd guess it's in the 30s for PSI. I'm able to ride mine up in the 40s now no problem with a loose relaxed grip. 

Like @tessa25 said, you need to ride some dirt trails (off roading over rough terrain.) to get to know your wheel, then i strongly believe you will be doing good after words, it'll feel like child's play !

55 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

You don't need the KS app to ride; unless you need a recalibration then why bother using it? 

I was recalibrating. I had my pedals dipped slightly forward, but i got new shoes that have a bit of a heel (ultraboosts) and needed to recalibrate for the angle. AND, i unlocked my wheels top speed, so I was in there again, and I think that bloody update jacked up the connectivity. 

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

As for speed wobbles and riding fast with others, it's my recommendation that you simply need more quality hours with your wheel.

Quality hours does not mean cruising on the street with 90 degree turns, but instead a decidedly more challenging environment. Find a park path or even a parking lot that you can fake a path, and use it like a tiny go kart path, and go round and round many times. Many many times, where you'll come back to the same spots within a short period of time. Within 20 minutes to two hours you'll get some idea of how you would like your wheel to handle, and now you can play with your tire pressure so it handles better.

This is a good idea. Ive found my brother has advanced faster than me as he lives in a town and im in a "village". Theres nothing but smooth roads and i think 5 gravel paths that take about 7 minutes to walk, lol. Not much here, but his town had SO much variation. It kinda forced you to learn how to ride, or else stay inside. Ive been totally spoiled in my village. I dont think ive even seen a pothole here.... But yes, i'll be travelling to go ride more varied terrain.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Then, when you're comfortable, do the second thing with a rougher path, dirt or gravel perhaps, with roots and jumps. Perhaps cobblestone. 

400 km is a lot if they are quality KMS, but, conversely, if you're cruising on the flats with no turns, it's not a lot. Those traffic cones or poles you see...they are placed there for you to slalom around as fast as you can, as often as you can, forwards and backwards.

"forwards and backwards" about that, lol... Im in the process of learning backwards. I can barely start, haha. But thanks langham. Im gonna travel to some parks in the cities and towns around me now that the weather is better, and learn to ride more varied terrain 

I had the same connectivity issues and battery display bug as you with the 3.09 app. I recommend uninstalling that version of the Kingsong app and installing 1.07. That fixed most of my problems. I still have problems occasionally connecting to the 1.07 KS app and Wheellog.

As for your riding problems, I recommend focusing on relaxing. IMHO riding an euc is more mental than it is physical. Put on some good music and just focus on going at a speed that you are comfortable at and carve back and forth. Then as you start to get in a rhythm, pick up your pace a bit and try to maintain the sped up pace until you are comfortable. Rinse and repeat. Even if all you do is increase your speed by 1mph per day, you'll be going 31 within a month;)

Focus on staying loose with your body. Virtually all of my falls/crashes have been because I froze or was too tense. If you are burning out your legs it means that you are trying to manipulate the wheel with your foot muscles. Think about rooting your foot to the pedal and then using your hips to turn.

Form over speed. It's better to go slow with good form than bad with bad form. This is true for pretty much all sports. It sounds like you are pushing yourself trying to keep up and as a result you are tensing up, not enjoying your ride, which is putting you a negative mental state when you ride. It's all mental bro. You just need to focus on getting yourself some small victories to boost your confidence and just slowly build. Don't give up, the 18XL is such an awesome wheel. It will be worth it once you find your groove. Just remember to enjoy the ride and embrace the challenge!

59 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Slow down. You're better off relaxing at slower speeds. You'll get better in time. You should be having fun while you're riding, not stressing.

I think I was before. But theres not really...much to do here but get faster.

59 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

Find some dirt trails to ride. You'll fall, but dirt isn't painful and you'll be wearing your skate pads and helmet with chin bar.

I just went to a mountain bike practice area this past weekend, all dirt, rocks, twigs. I fell many times. No pain at all, because of the soft dirt and padding. Had a great time

Ive been dying to do this, but alas, nothing in my village. But now that its FINALLY getting warmer, i can travel to some and get  goood, haha. Its gonna be fun to bust my ass. Thats awesome tho! Glad you got to experience that, and had a good time!

32 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Try letting some air out, I don't measure my pressure, but back when I did the 45 was way too hard for me. It makes me feel all squirrely like it pivots to easy, gives me a bumpy ride, and is just no fun. I pump it up until I can squeeze the tire in about a quarter inch if I squeeze really hard. I do them all like that because I like it. I'd guess it's in the 30s for PSI. I'm able to ride mine up in the 40s now no problem with a loose relaxed grip. 

Thats seeming to be the consensus. Im gonna try that out tomorrow and see how she rides. Hope its good. gonna be rainy tomorrow.....but who cares, its an euc, lmao. 

When i was riding behind my brother, i noticed his legs were barely moving on bumps. Mine were like bouncing all over the place, and this is when i was calm, travelling slow with a loose stance. Obviously i didnt have the sense to think "oh, lower the psi". Gah!. Loll. I guess with experience, almost any psi becomes no problem. I need to work my way up. And yes, its very squirrely right now. Not as bad as when it was flinstone tire level pumped up.  

16 minutes ago, Dave U said:

Like @tessa25 said, you need to ride some dirt trails (off roading over rough terrain.) to get to know your wheel, then i strongly believe you will be doing good after words, it'll feel like child's play !

I want to be living offroad this coming summer. I need to slime my tire now, since I'm gonna jack it up. But yeah....I figure if you do the hard stuff first, like riding offroad. When you get back onto a path or an uneven sidewalk it'll feel like a laugh compared to the craziness you rode on prior.

As everyone says, let air out of the tire. Does wonders for the wobbles. Just don't go too low. Id' try something in the 35-psi range for the XL. What pressure have you been running at? But experiment.

And relax. Your legs should just be gently bumping/resting against the shell. Gripping makes everything worse. And if your legs are tired (from all that gripping?), wobbles can ensue. Sometimes when I've come down from the mountain trails and my legs are beat, I can get lots of wobbles.

The KingSong app never connects off the bat on my XL (but it's much more reliable on the 14S). WheelLog is very dependable for me.

9 minutes ago, Jonesq said:

I had the same connectivity issues and battery display bug as you with the 3.09 app. I recommend uninstalling that version of the Kingsong app and installing 1.07. That fixed most of my problems. I still have problems occasionally connecting to the 1.07 KS app and Wheellog.

Where can I find the 1.07? And does it fix up wheel log? Or is there another version of that that I can get? 

12 minutes ago, Jonesq said:

As for your riding problems, I recommend focusing on relaxing. IMHO riding an euc is more mental than it is physical. Put on some good music and just focus on going at a speed that you are comfortable at and carve back and forth. Then as you start to get in a rhythm, pick up your pace a bit and try to maintain the sped up pace until you are comfortable. Rinse and repeat. Even if all you do is increase your speed by 1mph per day, you'll be going 31 within a month;)

I started listening to music to dampen the wind noise and the wurring of the motor as it psyched me out a bit. I dont even hear the music really, haha. But when im relaxed, its a totally different ride. Carving is nice too. I noticed I was doing that with the tensness of 1000 suns. But i'll try to get back into my music, go on the dead streets at night and just enjoy the ride. And 1mph per day sounds easy in theory, haha. IN THEORY.

40 minutes ago, Jonesq said:

Focus on staying loose with your body. Virtually all of my falls/crashes have been because I froze or was too tense. If you are burning out your legs it means that you are trying to manipulate the wheel with your foot muscles. Think about rooting your foot to the pedal and then using your hips to turn.

Ive never thought about it like that, with my hips? Alright...i'll give that a shot. I mainly push with my feet a lot. Makes for some...strange cornering. Doesnt look very graceful, let me tell you, haha. 

41 minutes ago, Jonesq said:

Form over speed. It's better to go slow with good form than bad with bad form. This is true for pretty much all sports. It sounds like you are pushing yourself trying to keep up and as a result you are tensing up, not enjoying your ride, which is putting you a negative mental state when you ride. It's all mental bro. You just need to focus on getting yourself some small victories to boost your confidence and just slowly build. Don't give up, the 18XL is such an awesome wheel. It will be worth it once you find your groove. Just remember to enjoy the ride and embrace the challenge!

You're right. I'll take it back down, try to figure out my form. Relax my body. Try to get back into that happy place in my mind. The only reason im frustrated is because i love this. Or else id just stop. But i know i dont want to. Riding these crazy things is my passion already and I cant stop. 

So okay...yeah. Lets keep it going! Thanks mate!

I laughed at how you describe getting the King song app, I imagine having to do some sort of seance and a ritual sacrifice (virgin's blood, yada yada, etc) to get a successful connection. Then an offer to the wheel gods after a ride with no disconnects naturally.

As for riding confidence one weird thing that chills me out at higher speeds it riding a bit asymmetrically. Like I will have my right leg almost fully extended the whole foot supporting the pedal while my left is bent a bit and more on the toe on that pedal. And I will slowly alternate that support difference while riding straight. It's both a mental and physical exercise that helps me relax and remove any anxiety about being so exposed (this also obviously relieves foot stress). You'll see other riders do weird things too (ticks / mannerisms): Tishawn will ride sideways while swinging his arms (I think this is to try rolling instead of faceplant on a fall), Chris will scratch or touch his nose, Chooch makes noises lol....all this stuff might get them out of their own heads while riding.

But I think the most important thing for riding on these bad boys is knowing your route. That is the biggest confidence killer or booster, and it can decide how fun a ride is sometimes. Traveling an uncertain path or route is exciting and fun, but at the same time can be stress educing for others. While traveling a known well manicured path or road can be fun and reliable, but boring for others.

I think it takes a long while to find a middle ground between these 2 mindsets. Me personally....I get very bored traveling the same route, my favorite thing to do is explore uncharted paths on my EUC. So on already traveled routes I find my self trying to make it different or new again. This is a very naive mindset, but it's how I am now...maybe I will change or maybe I will remain the same.

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As everyone says, let air out of the tire. Does wonders for the wobbles. Just don't go too low. Id' try something in the 35-psi range for the XL. What pressure have you been running at? But experiment.

I was running it at 45psi. Then took out about a pound? Probably less. So between 44 - 42psi. 

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And relax. Your legs should just be gently bumping/resting against the shell. Gripping makes everything worse. And if your legs are tired (from all that gripping?), wobbles can ensue. Sometimes when I've come down from the mountain trails and my legs are beat, I can get lots of wobbles.

The pants i was wearing today actually was very grippy with the rubber side pads. I was wearing my sweats the other day and they didnt stick to the pads at all. Made it easier to ride loosely. I wonder if thats part of it too...or its just a mental thing (im gonna go with a mental thing). Anyways, yeah, im gonna relax. Ride a bit slower and just get that groove back after lowering the pressure.

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The KingSong app never connects off the bat on my XL (but it's much more reliable on the 14S). WheelLog is very dependable for me.

I wonder whats going on with Wheellog for me then.... Have you heard of this happening to anyone else? Or anyone thats been through and fixed this issue? I tried to delete the cache, storage and uninstall it. But when i reinstalled, all my alarms were still set, so it didnt fully erase everything in the uninstall so im not sure if that may be why its still not working. 

Try a wider stance so that your legs don’t even touch the wheel, avoid gripping it. Just let it dangle between your legs. Then concentrate on using your torso and hips to ride. 

Just checked the wheel and it was at 48psi. I dropped it down to 35 and went out for a slow ride (no gear on as its late and im lazy). The moment I stepped outside, i see a coyote happily trotting down the street. Im like.......................................................

For the ride, i no longer feel the bumps on the sidewalk. Those actually made me lose balance and caused a bit of wobble before. The speed humps that the SUV's use to get air infront of my house felt like nothing. Super smooth and easy to roll over. Normally coming down off of one is pretty heavy and i land with a bit of a thud at any speed. Nice and soft. Very different feeling though, having so much more contact points with the ground. I should probably slime the wheel just in case XD. 

Went up and down some curbs, not a curb drop but like where the road meets the sidewalk. How theres a bit of a dip there for water, then a bump. Took it like a fookin champ. Went off a sliiight drop and landed softly. I have not tried speed yet, as Im not stupid enough to do so without being geared up. But so far, the lower pressure really made me feel more stable on these roads that i know like the back of my hand. Felt like a different ride. Felt heavier tho. Like, the 16 is squirrely and fast. This felt heavier, but im guessing thats part of the stability part, haha.

Anyways, back to responding to people. 

33 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

I laughed at how you describe getting the King song app, I imagine having to do some sort of seance and a ritual sacrifice (virgin's blood, yada yada, etc) to get a successful connection. Then an offer to the wheel gods after a ride with no disconnects naturally.

I promise you i'll actually do this if it works. Whatever dark entity i need to please sessually, im in. Just let Wheellog stay connected to my damn wheel. 

34 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

As for riding confidence one weird thing that chills me out at higher speeds it riding a bit asymmetrically. Like I will have my right leg almost fully extended the whole foot supporting the pedal while my left is bent a bit and more on the toe on that pedal. And I will slowly alternate that support difference while riding straight. It's both a mental and physical exercise that helps me relax and remove any anxiety about being so exposed (this also obviously relieves foot stress). You'll see other riders do weird things too (ticks / mannerisms): Tishawn will ride sideways while swinging his arms (I think this is to try rolling instead of faceplant on a fall), Chris will scratch or touch his nose, Chooch makes noises lol....all this stuff might get them out of their own heads while riding.

I love how tishawn rides, but I know im not him,  haha. Ive found I do this thing where i kinda.... swim through the air? Or fly? Its weird...my arms kinda come together infront of me, and my back hunches over, then i shoot them to the side and push my chest forwards and thrust myself forward while accelerating. And then i keep doing it over and over, carving a little speed then gaining more. In between it i do the rocking arms thing. And i kinda suck in my lower lip..its weird. When i do this, i dont even think about it. I only noticed when I saw a video of me from a group ride. Once I saw that i did it, i started thinking about it. The moment i think about it, i stop and it feels weird, lmao. I do the foot rest thing sometimes to help when i cant stop to walk it off, but ive never done it for an extended period of time. Thats cool though. Ive never thought about it in that way. Maybe I'll stop thinking about it so much and just let myself do it, haha.

45 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

But I think the most important thing for riding on these bad boys is knowing your route. That is the biggest confidence killer or booster, and it can decide how fun a ride is sometimes. Traveling an uncertain path or route is exciting and fun, but at the same time can be stress educing for others. While traveling a known well manicured path or road can be fun and reliable, but boring for others.

I think it takes a long while to find a middle ground between these 2 mindsets. Me personally....I get very bored traveling the same route, my favorite thing to do is explore uncharted paths on my EUC. So on already traveled routes I find my self trying to make it different or new again. This is a very naive mindset, but it's how I am now...maybe I will change or maybe I will remain the same.

I know where i live like the back of my hand. Every road. All the road conditions. I can ride the fastest i can (before wobbles) without worry because I know exactly what to expect. And even if somethings off, its easy to spot because I know what it looks like when its in normal condition. When i go on group rides, its ALWAYS my first time...I normally enjoy that on other vehicles, because im like you. I get bored going to the same places. I want to become skilled enough to ride any roads. 

18 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Try a wider stance so that your legs don’t even touch the wheel, avoid gripping it. Just let it dangle between your legs. Then concentrate on using your torso and hips to ride. 

I know houseofjob always recommends the wider stance. I was doing it for a time, but ive started to try not to watch my legs are doing. I might attempt to stand a bit wider again though, with my planted foot. I was riding with it on the weekend and my legs were tired, and i kept dropping  my wheel after dismounts. Since it wasnt leaning into my leg, it would just slowly tip over and fall, haha. Scuffed up my wheel in slow motion. 

58 minutes ago, seage said:

I was running it at 45psi. Then took out about a pound? Probably less. So between 44 - 42psi. 

The pants i was wearing today actually was very grippy with the rubber side pads. I was wearing my sweats the other day and they didnt stick to the pads at all. Made it easier to ride loosely. I wonder if thats part of it too...or its just a mental thing (im gonna go with a mental thing). Anyways, yeah, im gonna relax. Ride a bit slower and just get that groove back after lowering the pressure.

I wonder whats going on with Wheellog for me then.... Have you heard of this happening to anyone else? Or anyone thats been through and fixed this issue? I tried to delete the cache, storage and uninstall it. But when i reinstalled, all my alarms were still set, so it didnt fully erase everything in the uninstall so im not sure if that may be why its still not working. 

No, haven't heard of any general WheelLog connectivity issues. Do you have an Android tablet by chance, or anyone else with a different phone? Maybe it's something with your phone?

I saw that you were at 48. Yeah, that's super high (unless you're super heavy). The tire is rated at 35 to 45 psi. 40 might end up being a good value for you. Go low enough where it helps, but no lower.

Sounds like you're on your way back to finding your groove.

sounds a lot like beginner stuff to me.. a lot larger wheel, can go a lot faster, a lot more expensive.. that i think as well as the fear factor that comes with it sounds like a lot of the trouble youre having.. wobbles, bumps, wind etc.. when i was a beginner i didnt even like to go out when there was 20 km/h winds.. now i ride in 40 km+ an hour winds all the time and it doesnt phase me in the slightest... i can cruise at 40 kph and get bored and go on my phone.. riding at 4 am without any headlight etc, now i struggle to find somewhere i can ride that will challenge and excite me whereas before going anywhere on the ninebot one was exhilarating. it all comes down to experience that will come naturally with time, nothing much you can do about it just relax, take it easy and dont push yourself too hard, try to get out even for a short while every day and soon you will be able to ride while sleeping :P

btw for the app, that sounds extremely annoying have you tried both kingsong apps the newest blue one and the older orange and white one? there isnt really any need to use the app though if im being honest.. i use the kingsong app once to unlock the speed and turn off voice prompts/alarms and never use it again.. you have nothing to worry about on a ks wheel unless you are intentionally pushing past the limits.. the firmware speed limiter that declines along with the battery as well as over voltage, over heating etc etc are all taken care of, the only way you could overpower that 18" wheel especially is if you really tried your absolute hardest to make it fail lol, i have absolutely zero worries whatsoever about my KS or inmotion wheels, and only use wheellog with pebble watch for my gotway wheels because of their auditory alarms which i cant hear with headphones in, and im always wearing headphones lol

ps. i run all my tires at 60-65 psi, i wouldnt obsess over tire pressure, its simply a matter of personal preference and experience at that pressure.. i wouldnt recommend you go below 40 for your weight for fear of damage to the rim or inner tire if you hit a pothole or a curb at remotely high speeds.. but even thats low in my opinion, im 120 lbs and i prefer 65 psi

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No, haven't heard of any general WheelLog connectivity issues. Do you have an Android tablet by chance, or anyone else with a different phone? Maybe it's something with your phone?

I saw that you were at 48. Yeah, that's super high (unless you're super heavy). The tire is rated at 35 to 45 psi. 40 might end up being a good value for you. Go low enough where it helps, but no lower.

Sounds like you're on your way back to finding your groove.

Damn...hopefully I can figure something out soon. Im using the oneplus 6. Maybe i'll break out my old note....7? I dont even remember, but maybe i'll use it as a dedicated connect to wheel, phone, and then throw it in my bag. 

Im 220lbs atm. Lost a bit more weight. I was 236lbs i think when i joined the forums. Bringing it down. Hopefully 35 will be okay for me as it does feel pretty deec, at least from my tiny test. We'll see tomorrow. I'll TRY to get out there before the rain starts.

29 minutes ago, seage said:

I know houseofjob always recommends the wider stance. I was doing it for a time, but ive started to try not to watch my legs are doing. I might attempt to stand a bit wider again though, with my planted foot. I was riding with it on the weekend and my legs were tired, and i kept dropping  my wheel after dismounts. Since it wasnt leaning into my leg, it would just slowly tip over and fall, haha. Scuffed up my wheel in slow motion. 

i would be cautious about going with the wider stance.. the farther you are from the motor the more leverage you will have meaning it will be more sensitive to your movements and more twitchy in general, that coupled with not having your inner legs as support for stabilization is probably not a great idea when you have so little miles under your belt.. i mean you can try it, whatever is comfortable for you but i think youre gonna tense up even more realizing that you have little to no physical connection with the wheel, dont get my wrong i love the inmotion v5f and v8 how they are so thin they never touch your legs.. like floating on a ball, but i can do a 180 from a standstill on those, they are ridiculously agile, two years ago that would have freaked the absolute hell out of me... you just need to learn to relax, dont think about it too much, but again it cant be forced you just need to naturally learn to trust the wheel. i will say though, if youre brave enough, padding up the wheel and yourself and then going on some grass and intentionally bailing at slow speeds for a while will definitely allow you to overcome a lot of natural fear of falling xD my first EUC, i was absolutely mortified of crashing, i would tense up like a dead guy and play it waaaaaaaaaaay too cautious, completely terrified at the unknown, ill tell you though once i broke past that barrier, i absolutely rode the living hell out of that wheel, i would force myself all the time to do stuff i was completely uncomfortable with and scared of, i ran off that wheel many times and beat the hell out of it in the process, but i was no longer scared, of anything, i never tensed up, and i just did it.. since my first EUC almost three years ago, ive never had a crash/run off since.. i am completely ready for any situation, let me tell you the number of times a car has been close enough to me for me to reach out and grab it, and it doesnt worry me in the slightest.. confidence and trust in the wheel will take time and come naturally.. everyone has their own personal barrier they need to get past in order to be truly relaxed and at one with the wheel, a coffee in one hand and my phone in the other while floating around town, best feeling ever :)

11 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

sounds a lot like beginner stuff to me.. a lot larger wheel, can go a lot faster, a lot more expensive.. that i think as well as the fear factor that comes with it sounds like a lot of the trouble youre having..

Well, i AM a beginner, haha. Im pretty sure you were here when I first joined the forums XD. I started riding during the terrible polar vortex in my basement and only recently finally got outside and started doing distance. So yeah, sounds like beginner stuff because it most def is beginner stuff, haha. Hence my asking folks like you who have that experience and have already been through this stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

wobbles, bumps, wind etc.. when i was a beginner i didnt even like to go out when there was 20 km/h winds.. now i ride in 40 km+ an hour winds all the time and it doesnt phase me in the slightest...

I can do 25kmph winds, but faster starts to mess me up. Thats all we had. Now that its finally slowing down, it feels almost weird to not have insane wind resistance. But i can tell you, im still phased no matter what, haha. I just do it anyways XDDD. I ride with a guy who just flies through heavy winds like they're nothing. I'll never understand!!!

15 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i can cruise at 40 kph and get bored and go on my phone.. riding at 4 am without any headlight etc, now i struggle to find somewhere i can ride that will challenge and excite me whereas before going anywhere on the ninebot one was exhilarating. it all comes down to experience that will come naturally with time, nothing much you can do about it just relax, take it easy and dont push yourself too hard, try to get out even for a short while every day and soon you will be able to ride while sleeping :P

Quite a few people told me they cruise at 40kmph and that just seems insane to me. I dont even know how to reach that speed, and yall are relaxing up there? Insane. But i guess you're right. Everything comes with time and practice. I try to get out everyday. Even when it rains. Just slowly 

17 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

btw for the app, that sounds extremely annoying have you tried both kingsong apps the newest blue one and the older orange and white one? there isnt really any need to use the app though if im being honest.. i use the kingsong app once to unlock the speed and turn off voice prompts/alarms and never use it again.. you have nothing to worry about on a ks wheel unless you are intentionally pushing past the limits.. the firmware speed limiter that declines along with the battery as well as over voltage, over heating etc etc are all taken care of, the only way you could overpower that 18" wheel especially is if you really tried your absolute hardest to make it fail lol, i have absolutely zero worries whatsoever about my KS or inmotion wheels, and only use wheellog with pebble watch for my gotway wheels because of their auditory alarms which i cant hear with headphones in, and im always wearing headphones lol

With kingsong apps, the older one stopped connecting randomly, and the new one does but gives the glitch. I only opened it for accurate battery reading and to calibrate. I dont really need it. Wheellog is the main problem, but I suppose you're right. I'll never get close to the 50kmph so it doesnt really matter, i suppose. I guess i just enjoy cruising with a speedometer. I got spoiled on my bike. 

19 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

ps. i run all my tires at 60-65 psi, i wouldnt obsess over tire pressure, its simply a matter of personal preference and experience at that pressure.. i wouldnt recommend you go below 40 for your weight for fear of damage to the rim or inner tire if you hit a pothole or a curb at remotely high speeds.. but even thats low in my opinion, im 120 lbs and i prefer 65 psi

Isnt 60 too high for the KS wheel? I mean, i suppose if you like it up there then thats fine. But not even for how hard the ride would be, but just doesnt the tire not take that much? But yeah, you're much lighter than me. I'm working my way down this summer. Give me a few more months, pls. 

Archived