A Mix of unfortunate events is Ruining my EUC Experience

seage

30 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

sounds a lot like beginner stuff to me.. a lot larger wheel, can go a lot faster, a lot more expensive.. that i think as well as the fear factor that comes with it sounds like a lot of the trouble youre having.. wobbles, bumps, wind etc.. when i was a beginner i didnt even like to go out when there was 20 km/h winds.. now i ride in 40 km+ an hour winds all the time and it doesnt phase me in the slightest... i can cruise at 40 kph and get bored and go on my phone.. riding at 4 am without any headlight etc, now i struggle to find somewhere i can ride that will challenge and excite me whereas before going anywhere on the ninebot one was exhilarating. it all comes down to experience that will come naturally with time, nothing much you can do about it just relax, take it easy and dont push yourself too hard, try to get out even for a short while every day and soon you will be able to ride while sleeping :P

btw for the app, that sounds extremely annoying have you tried both kingsong apps the newest blue one and the older orange and white one? there isnt really any need to use the app though if im being honest.. i use the kingsong app once to unlock the speed and turn off voice prompts/alarms and never use it again.. you have nothing to worry about on a ks wheel unless you are intentionally pushing past the limits.. the firmware speed limiter that declines along with the battery as well as over voltage, over heating etc etc are all taken care of, the only way you could overpower that 18" wheel especially is if you really tried your absolute hardest to make it fail lol, i have absolutely zero worries whatsoever about my KS or inmotion wheels, and only use wheellog with pebble watch for my gotway wheels because of their auditory alarms which i cant hear with headphones in, and im always wearing headphones lol

ps. i run all my tires at 60-65 psi, i wouldnt obsess over tire pressure, its simply a matter of personal preference and experience at that pressure.. i wouldnt recommend you go below 40 for your weight for fear of damage to the rim or inner tire if you hit a pothole or a curb at remotely high speeds.. but even thats low in my opinion, im 120 lbs and i prefer 65 psi

Come visit me in Southern California some day. I bet I could show you a few challenging spots to ride :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, seage said:

Quite a few people told me they cruise at 40kmph and that just seems insane to me. I dont even know how to reach that speed, and yall are relaxing up there? Insane. But i guess you're right. Everything comes with time and practice. I try to get out everyday. Even when it rains. Just slowly 

With kingsong apps, the older one stopped connecting randomly, and the new one does but gives the glitch. I only opened it for accurate battery reading and to calibrate. I dont really need it. Wheellog is the main problem, but I suppose you're right. I'll never get close to the 50kmph so it doesnt really matter, i suppose. I guess i just enjoy cruising with a speedometer. I got spoiled on my bike. 

Isnt 60 too high for the KS wheel? I mean, i suppose if you like it up there then thats fine. But not even for how hard the ride would be, but just doesnt the tire not take that much? But yeah, you're much lighter than me. I'm working my way down this summer. Give me a few more months, pls. 

haha report back in one year.. if youre still riding euc then , trust me 40 will feel like nothing..

thats really weird i have never had a problem with any wheel or any app... i would try another phone and see if theres any issues, if not then obv its the phone.. perhaps some permissions or battery saving thing you have on to put the app to sleep after X amount of mins etc.. but if another phone is doing the same thing perhaps its the bluetooth module in the EUC... do both of your wheels have the same connectivity problems?? if you really want a speedometer you can get a gps speedometer app, i just dont personally think its important with KS wheels, theyre firmware limited to a very safe speed, which goes down with the battery level, tiltback on overspeed, over voltage etc.. unlike gotway which will let you go the same speed at any battery level hence why i use wheellog with pebble on them

no, 60 isnt too high for any 14"+ wheel.. its no problem at all.. i know they have it printed on the tire the max psi.. but i dont really care lol, ive owned 15 different wheels and on them probably 8 different pressure ratings on the tires.. ive even had one kingsong 16s with a different pressure rating on the tire as another 16s lol, i think they honestly pull the numbers out of their ass, and even if they didnt tires are put through tests with like 10x the amount of pressure that is recommended.. not once ever that i know of has there been a single incident of an EUC tire exploding or splitting or anything else, im sure i could put 100 psi in it and the tire couldnt care less.. i would probably burst the tube but the tire wouldnt care lol 

Edited by Rywokast

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Come visit me in Southern California some day. I bet I could show you a few challenging spots to ride :D

i would love to... i get so jealous watching your videos haha, california looks so beautiful.. here is lame lol, extremely densely populated city with nothing but forest pretty much anywhere else around me.. the tallest mountain is 1.5 km to the top and a paved road at a very moderate incline that my v5f can race up without breaking a sweat.. i wish i could ride where you are!! on the plus side though we have some good bike trails at least, but thats mundane :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tessa25 said:

Slow down. You're better off relaxing at slower speeds. You'll get better in time. You should be having fun while you're riding, not stressing. Find some dirt trails to ride. You'll fall, but dirt isn't painful and you'll be wearing your skate pads and helmet with chin bar.

I just went to a mountain bike practice area this past weekend, all dirt, rocks, twigs. I fell many times. No pain at all, because of the soft dirt and padding. Had a great time.

Slowing down has been a big factor in my enjoyment as an EUCer.  I've deliberately tried to make the experience more akin to walking than to riding a bicycle or an e-bike whenever I'm in an environment I find at all stressful.  

Crappy drivers have been by far the biggest negative in my experience.  It's a real bummer if you're unfortunate enough to have to ride in an urban environment.  I love the wheel, I love riding, I absolute hate having to deal with the idiots on the road.  

@seage I would say what most of the others say: You have performance anxiety. Just relax and enjoy and everything will fall into place. 

I was surprised that you got yourself involved so early in group rides...That is a lot of peer pressure...

• Upvote 1

I've been having trouble connecting Darknessbot to my KS16s.  I don't even know where i keep the factory app or which version it is (certainly not the latest)

You've adjusted your tyre pressure with favorable results.  But have you considered your foot position?  I know you can ride the 16S just fine, but possibly you should try different positions (front and back)  I know that if my feet are not within 1/2" of my ideal position the wheel gets squirelly, and wants to flip around, like a shopping trolley wheel.  Maybe the ideal position on the 18 is different to the 16.  Worth a try, will only take minutes to find out.

Edited by Smoother

Update before responding to folks. Did a test run, running 35psi. Took my time to build up. Wore jeans this time as they dont stick to the side pads like my other pants and geared up fully. Looking like master chief. Rode over to my favorite comfort roads and just jammed out to my tunes whilst riding the backstreets. Somehow managed to hit my new highest speed without even realizing it. 39kmph. No speed wobble, no anxiety, no problems. The tire does feel different to ride as theres a lot more contact points now on the ground. Its actually wide as i noticed from my driveway. Theres a bit of dust as the road cleaners came and made the streets worse all around my city. Looks like we were once a desert city. I have no idea how they managed to make the roads sandy....yet there was no sand anywhere................. Anyways, i rode through that then up my black driveway and noticed that before, the marks were verrry thin. Like, road bike thin. And now its a fat imprint, like a mountain bike with the tread showing. I went over some varied ground and off one small drop and the rim didnt seem to touch anything. Although I landed pretty lightly on the wheel during all of it. 

As for the connection issues. I connected it to my nexus 6p and it stayed connected for about 15 minutes before randomly dropping. After that i couldnt keep it connected to either phone for more than 30 seconds at a time. One thing i noticed is, in the apps, when id search for the bluetooth, the wheel would not show up at all. In both the kingsong app and wheellog, there was no ks-18L. All my other bluetooth things showed up. It only showed back up after resetting the wheel. All the while, Kingsong Music stayed connected and visible throughout it all. Not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue. Do the speakers run off their own separate bluetooth?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seage said:

Update before responding to folks. Did a test run, running 35psi. Took my time to build up. Wore jeans this time as they dont stick to the side pads like my other pants and geared up fully. Looking like master chief. Rode over to my favorite comfort roads and just jammed out to my tunes whilst riding the backstreets. Somehow managed to hit my new highest speed without even realizing it. 39kmph. No speed wobble, no anxiety, no problems. The tire does feel different to ride as theres a lot more contact points now on the ground. Its actually wide as i noticed from my driveway. Theres a bit of dust as the road cleaners came and made the streets worse all around my city. Looks like we were once a desert city. I have no idea how they managed to make the roads sandy....yet there was no sand anywhere................. Anyways, i rode through that then up my black driveway and noticed that before, the marks were verrry thin. Like, road bike thin. And now its a fat imprint, like a mountain bike with the tread showing. I went over some varied ground and off one small drop and the rim didnt seem to touch anything. Although I landed pretty lightly on the wheel during all of it. 

As for the connection issues. I connected it to my nexus 6p and it stayed connected for about 15 minutes before randomly dropping. After that i couldnt keep it connected to either phone for more than 30 seconds at a time. One thing i noticed is, in the apps, when id search for the bluetooth, the wheel would not show up at all. In both the kingsong app and wheellog, there was no ks-18L. All my other bluetooth things showed up. It only showed back up after resetting the wheel. All the while, Kingsong Music stayed connected and visible throughout it all. Not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue. Do the speakers run off their own separate bluetooth?

Yes, there are two independent Bluetooth modules in the wheel. Maybe the control board module is sub-par?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rywokast said:

haha report back in one year.. if youre still riding euc then , trust me 40 will feel like nothing..

Oh, i will be. I know when im into something for good. Because it RARELY happens and i never thought it would happen again. I figured i  found everything i love. I dont have an addictive personality, i kinda give stuff a shot then just stop. But i cant stop riding. And i cant even ride backwards or do any @pico levelled tricks yet. Just from cruising, EVEN with this discomfort i was having, i still couldnt stop. I was just upset, haha. 

thats really weird i have never had a problem with any wheel or any app... i would try another phone and see if theres any issues, if not then obv its the phone.. perhaps some permissions or battery saving thing you have on to put the app to sleep after X amount of mins etc.. but if another phone is doing the same thing perhaps its the bluetooth module in the EUC... do both of your wheels have the same connectivity problems?? if you really want a speedometer you can get a gps speedometer app, i just dont personally think its important with KS wheels, theyre firmware limited to a very safe speed, which goes down with the battery level, tiltback on overspeed, over voltage etc.. unlike gotway which will let you go the same speed at any battery level hence why i use wheellog with pebble on them

My old wheel (its my brothers now) has 0 problems. Connects and stays connected like a charm! Just tried two phones with it. I have a 3rd but i cant find it at the moment. And it dies in like 3 minutes after being turned on. I'll give it a shot later. I made a post before this about my findings. The speed thing isnt totally about just being safe. I know if i feel safe, then im okay. But just...im very cautious. I like to be in control and have certain information infront of me. Not just winging it. Which is funny because when it comes to actually going places, i like to wing it and figure things out on the fly. I dont care to preplan, lol. But yeah, thats mainly it. I really just like that comfort of being able to look at my wrist and know that I'm going x speed. 

no, 60 isnt too high for any 14"+ wheel.. its no problem at all.. i know they have it printed on the tire the max psi.. but i dont really care lol, ive owned 15 different wheels and on them probably 8 different pressure ratings on the tires.. ive even had one kingsong 16s with a different pressure rating on the tire as another 16s lol, i think they honestly pull the numbers out of their ass, and even if they didnt tires are put through tests with like 10x the amount of pressure that is recommended.. not once ever that i know of has there been a single incident of an EUC tire exploding or splitting or anything else, im sure i could put 100 psi in it and the tire couldnt care less.. i would probably burst the tube but the tire wouldnt care lol 

I trust you on that. I think my fat ass would make my wheel, innertube, whole EUC explode if i stepped on a wheel with 60+psi. There would be nowhere else for the air to go and the pressure would be too much, lmfao. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Slowing down has been a big factor in my enjoyment as an EUCer.  I've deliberately tried to make the experience more akin to walking than to riding a bicycle or an e-bike whenever I'm in an environment I find at all stressful.  

Crappy drivers have been by far the biggest negative in my experience.  It's a real bummer if you're unfortunate enough to have to ride in an urban environment.  I love the wheel, I love riding, I absolute hate having to deal with the idiots on the road. 

Yeah, see...i hate walking..... LOL. Im actually NORMALLY excited by stressful situations that I can actually control. But those wobbles were getting to me. They overtook everything. Threw away that control. Cars are annoying, but im so used to them. They dont throw me off too much, really. I'll just take it slow when they're around and its all good. But i usually keep more to backstreets. Thats the advantage of these wheels. Getting off that beaten path. I watch the NY guys and i feel like they've really figured out how to navigate in the city. Even the onewheel dude Slydog stroh. They seem to really enjoy that setting. Once im more experienced, I feel like that would be nice too, haha.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, pico said:

@seage I would say what most of the others say: You have performance anxiety. Just relax and enjoy and everything will fall into place. 

I was surprised that you got yourself involved so early in group rides...That is a lot of peer pressure...

I think the air reduction thing killed a lot of that. Todays ride was super freeing. I have to travel in to the city tomorrow so I'll see how my comfort is on downtown streets before I make any absolutes. But I can say, the simple action of reducing that air pressure has done wonders for my confidence. I really enjoy group rides, to be honest. I learn fast and on the fly. They push me to advance, so when I go back home after, i've learned so much more. Plus, the community really makes a lot of this wonderful. XD. I'm happy i dived in with two feet!

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I've been having trouble connecting Darknessbot to my KS16s.  I don't even know where i keep the factory app or which version it is (certainly not the latest)

Was there also a firmware update for the 16 before this trouble began? Its starting to sound like a software issue....

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

You've adjusted your tyre pressure with favorable results.  But have you considered your foot position?  I know you can ride the 16S just fine, but possibly you should try different positions (front and back)  I know that if my feet are not within 1/2" of my ideal position the wheel gets squirelly, and wants to flip around, like a shopping trolley wheel.  Maybe the ideal position on the 18 is different to the 16.  Worth a try, will only take minutes to find out.

I've been doing a lot of foot readjustment. Lately ive been kinda just...going for it. It is verrrrrrrrry different from the 16! Ive found by plopping my feet on where they want to go and kinda mindlessly heel/toeing my feet around the pedals slowly during the ride, im shifting for different types of things and managing to stay alive, LOL. This was also helpful before the pressure change. But yeah, today was good. Tomorrow will be a real test when I have to do real city riding which will affect my nerves and make me tense up at first. We'll see how i handle it XD

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, there are two independent Bluetooth modules in the wheel. Maybe the control board module is sub-par?

Damn... I really hope not.... Im not really good with that side of stuff... But id also love for my wheel to work as intendeddddddddddd!

• Like 1

My Ticwatch Pro smartwatch has a speedometer that you might like. And someone here wrote a KingSong app (wearwheel) that you might like. If you get an Android Wear watch like the Ticwatch at a minimum you'll have a speedometer even if you have bluetooth issues.

Edited by tessa25
  • Like 1

For what it's worth I started on (and am still learning) an 18" wheel (V10F). At 170 lbs. I find at 40 psi riding is okay but it's hard to get started. My sweet spot is 30 psi; at that pressure I'm okay at mounting although it may take me a couple hops before I'm on and balanced. Maybe with more experience I'll be able to increase the pressure to 35 psi and maintain good mounts. I'm just starting to use it for commutes and my feet get sore after 10 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Elder Meat said:

For what it's worth I started on (and am still learning) an 18" wheel (V10F). At 170 lbs. I find at 40 psi riding is okay but it's hard to get started. My sweet spot is 30 psi; at that pressure I'm okay at mounting although it may take me a couple hops before I'm on and balanced. Maybe with more experience I'll be able to increase the pressure to 35 psi and maintain good mounts. I'm just starting to use it for commutes and my feet get sore after 10 minutes.

Ok for my own clarification the V10/V10F are listed as 16" x 2.5"....is that accurate?

It does to me look a bit bigger than 16 inches, but maybe that's because it's fatter and the tread is chunky.

2 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Ok for my own clarification the V10/V10F are listed as 16" x 2.5"....is that accurate?

It does to me look a bit bigger than 16 inches, but maybe that's because it's fatter and the tread is chunky.

You would be correct. Its 16 inch, but rides like an 18 from what everyone says. I havent tried it before, but I've watched a few reviews and they've all said similar things. 

2 hours ago, tessa25 said:

My Ticwatch Pro smartwatch has a speedometer that you might like. And someone here wrote a KingSong app (wearwheel) that you might like. If you get an Android Wear watch like the Ticwatch at a minimum you'll have a speedometer even if you have bluetooth issues.

Oooo, looked up the watch and started crying at the pricetag. I was happy to snatch the pebble for so cheap. Maybe i'll beat up a hipster and stea--nah, not a good look for the community. I'll check out this wearwheel thing. Hope its on the store...mayyyyyybe? Google-sama, tasukete!

2 hours ago, Jonesq said:

@seage - Get the 1.7 app here: 

https://images.ewheels.com/KSv1.6.apk

Thanks mate! Does that replace the new blue/black app? Or the old one? When i tried to install it it said nah. And i realized i actually have the 1.54 version on here still. 

2 hours ago, Elder Meat said:

I learned kinda backwards, in my basement at slow speeds. So mounting has never been really hard at any pressure. But, if im honest, lower pressure gives me more of a wobble starting out than not, probably because im not used to how much pressure to apply whilst lifting my leg. That being said, ive had about 20 minutes experience with 35psi in comparison to almost 400km of 48psi XD. I know the inmotion wheels are known for their great tires. So i think the way you run it will be a bit different from mine. Probably can handle more and be more squishy and bouncy at your weight at lower psi, but im just speculating as i've never tried or even seen one. I just heard from reviews about the comfort from that tire. Especially from some of the avid offroad riders. Id be worried at 30psi, but with my weight, i know for sure, id get a snakebite. Might be different for you. And yeah, that soreness starts to go away as you get better/used to it. Find better foot positions and relax. The moment i tense up, im done. But if i relax, i can ride for ages with no problems. 

@tessa25 Just checked it. Its not compatible with anything I own XD. 

48 minutes ago, seage said:

Oooo, looked up the watch and started crying at the pricetag. I was happy to snatch the pebble for so cheap. Maybe i'll beat up a hipster and stea--nah, not a good look for the community. I'll check out this wearwheel thing. Hope its on the store...mayyyyyybe? Google-sama, tasukete!

Thanks mate! Does that replace the new blue/black app? Or the old one? When i tried to install it it said nah. And i realized i actually have the 1.54 version on here still. 

I learned kinda backwards, in my basement at slow speeds. So mounting has never been really hard at any pressure. But, if im honest, lower pressure gives me more of a wobble starting out than not, probably because im not used to how much pressure to apply whilst lifting my leg. That being said, ive had about 20 minutes experience with 35psi in comparison to almost 400km of 48psi XD. I know the inmotion wheels are known for their great tires. So i think the way you run it will be a bit different from mine. Probably can handle more and be more squishy and bouncy at your weight at lower psi, but im just speculating as i've never tried or even seen one. I just heard from reviews about the comfort from that tire. Especially from some of the avid offroad riders. Id be worried at 30psi, but with my weight, i know for sure, id get a snakebite. Might be different for you. And yeah, that soreness starts to go away as you get better/used to it. Find better foot positions and relax. The moment i tense up, im done. But if i relax, i can ride for ages with no problems. 

I uninstalled the new app and then installed 1.7 as its replacement. By doing that, I was able to restore functionality to the battery display so that it no longer always displayed 100%. Since I installed 1.7, I noticed that my pedal settings are much more responsive and feel more intuitive. It also restored functionality to the color led lights which were deactivating after about 30 seconds with the new app.

1 hour ago, Jonesq said:

I uninstalled the new app and then installed 1.7 as its replacement. By doing that, I was able to restore functionality to the battery display so that it no longer always displayed 100%. Since I installed 1.7, I noticed that my pedal settings are much more responsive and feel more intuitive. It also restored functionality to the color led lights which were deactivating after about 30 seconds with the new app.

App wont let me connect to the wheel. It did once, but then gave me an "illegal equipment" thing and then wouldnt connect again. It went back to 1.52 then said there was an update, so i figured id try to get 1.7 from said update. Instead it went to the store and downloaded the new version, haha. But this time the new version said there was a firmware update which i didnt do. Because it SAYS my wheel is 3.0.9...which is supposed to be the latest firmware..so what is this now? I also wonder if i have to unbind or something...i dont know anymorre

1 hour ago, erk1024 said:

Is it feasible to move your feet during riding? Or do you have to stop and adjust...

I do it while riding.

Alright, so findings, with pictures. Did a lil testie tests. Turned on the wheel in my garage and connected my phone. The new app kept asking for a firmware update which i didnt do then after a bit wheellog disconnected as usual. I tried to find it in the kingsong and wheellog apps and this is what i got:

Mm7a_AsFLbyrtIKkf1o6V1lTZaTwyCtSfe4nnNKjXjf8_F6nB7i7J6CjhhY4PCxBB2bWXT0YMn-_j_Yx4vLZtCRBQ-EJotu_GGvEbqTI5wqU3DuHqn1vznYXQqxh3p2dWWs1PhwF_vR88t4IYxmrJgHVMs2BpIbR9Id6dowG-zzQyhB5L05tI5QVUZf-UlPR8aEM6VhF7aLQwVX3mzHJVTwhZV53wjxQ9Ut9qe4j6shXmJertboR1mBnyF3yjY7yo71dAVDEEQjSGcA8s4jeo_US5YNdHcY9UJ4RbIxLZ75DP2GlHarsPvAP8UG2U6Z6uXn0aJt6pl0JkXAgm5-kr7E3F6A65COShZnSKssZykCckYI3N_9dxttVU0nAv1YFIUc9KC2S_NpcJVDZOBPha9bI6__VcKum1EBoT-4lpIVMHAFqAUto1uVgIi-GEz8NheF8pKYIhhsxI0RrEjZqMqVxBuFTDbIPl-pxc-b0KemaNo-ziLpdX-WUUy-6BG4VGXMlgdK23cThcww5XPe300mUZoMpBs3ILOB49Q5tdDJzxlTV-3RgNxeeqaVXUtTuNtcbGE41_Fdw_JA71ah8xYNhsNkd1En9q3vO6f3iGJdY3kfzHNK2OKIwm6mtME0XiowckC0_tEVK0eclW_BsA-qfc1A3kmpG=w378-h797-noqfzI6Cjt7lfzidscAsOP1i87dckHpcgzTvMOZD11qKrnTabWjnvXchyNNS7-mJTUqWuU9ode-IdPssZ65wGKw17wt_z95ETbZ1ilviHz7N3dJMVvoiZMq3wL7axWkdJgHC3kcn4uBSaCIl0f_4Dq0u4K-oMUmOEKEmIMM_6po0aAVcwSKIRhS2wLs4VKEyq0Jo8Ref1XAaxfEMZzdilDiPJOrNLpyH1UkaKJ1KxERVIiSXJ2mVTRaVJU5e7wFxsVLgbXNVEw8HLCTKCw7g65M6UisSQE9EiT1dZmh0E6VHYANXlPiRZY0pEfIAuAPa1fSzWD9Kn6Od2ATgU4oCeYzmbRtuckULz4gCG5PlQSOVWreBg_oW-9ozAs5R1bGwNGGkSpCxASyEnv_ArAZFx0271OJPTi2-ZOcTe7bs2IGpoy99h6rJKiGbl14CD3t3wG55xVcyYsR-Zp7MhpFT5WpFOahSKmFbva7FMrF644yEVkuDvvMVZG1WyDN9lY2e6TyTKNjvXgS6F9RGblHs_8RfwQaPqlUPv-hY2FDFZoAaSR_vAYHfUMnTw9YDL8C0xD1heATFAEkon3jPcfXjEd4nUdw1-EJyLYX1yEyqg3SA4siNSgsm0QTF8sD-biwnU5SPXAcXv3EXdV48w6cutVtEjKEWmx67xf=w378-h797-no

Just no longer showing up. Wheel was still on mind you. So i decided ok, turn off the bluetooth on my phone. Lets check  out my ipad. Just downloaded darkness bot. Never connected it to the wheel before. So it finds the wheel actually, and connects. Interesting tho, it has the same glitch as the official kingsong app in which my battery reads as 100%. 

HfO1As2cnRucyGmk2K2NzBcTghOmfb6KlwyuZv2HSCScn9b1cJ_ZzsaESeerdY-th756D8sdcSvJwJ0gWV6ftEP0OoJPr8KrCNcT9zRWEKXMM1AIeKop0T8IXvKjQIf4iSuiiw7BmHGbMnKRdSKJ6868T7L5ha5o5RmVtGDhw4Oa3bT6zOUGYsZWBKeJCdOgf4qakcCylPo2IBRmdkLxzPccm8vLRvffslzY2tEqItlz5r5RIuu3hQn6nDhU6jXPAI4eEp3afEDDs3F44qS1-up-Q7eBsAWovk9ilRQWOlBlFp-AV5OlE4vwztr6WLyK8ZtRf5fSLH-VSVsk4MGq2esm5fUW7ObOtNAs8L-ZQRosegdYXeT-mSGB7wUsUd3NRGqhaq_v7tCYT4qqNqOfbEV0vxBhYFhbqtCUMyD-A_0rDZ8vd0wpwKrfdxlTTNEsWIUrRjQyXrVSWjw8jca2Kc0MFWKkc-t9pm7t07QYvcCSOmpKYWvQ7SeVMgBbkfXk3QfqlMBrvs4DLo85z4UM8lp-FtS_u7eUuTsgm5Z2MgqIxdxWlZg-2ePYn3UKJt1wBI4_5yuv1hmTiDFcRvga8W23EYQz3Ityq7Img6goTRhXTmaey4tF7kHNU-ZcaqkiS_D0aodj77P_T2zE-ppw7eYTt1xrDJDN=w1064-h797-no

Now thats kinda worrying, because it makes me think that the wheel itself might actually think its still at 100% even when its on low battery. But thats probably not the case as i lost a light on the side of the wheel while riding the other day, so hopefully thats all good. Ever since this damn upgrade....... Anyways so that happens, then suddenly it disconnects. I hear some beeps, and it comes back up. Then it does it again and again and i see when its going to reconnect that it is reconnecting on top of itself. It has 4 other active connections, all darknessbot. And i wonder maybe thats what causes the constant disconnects and then connection going invisible. That it overloads the bluetooth with connections and cant take any more.

1OAIEY2aaXVUhxSIPvGJNB6IiRlbQDzsW2CdpzzY4goAHAQZww1JHt_XW-nJf_qjQZF3E4A4nf84cWe2z5Lh6kIddkK48OttOw78vefkD4yZm_znlqOy0gijO-tzQixOZl0ROUmW3n4HxPdatVwi6la2ly3ozhI9Mx1SMCZMBu1W9yispeJeuwXXcmyvN03nHyWAX8LvfOZ5aywxrhMImd3Uh8bARwC1jYnvUbYrLyrgra_o30iu_JjlftXOSx3xXmgi1sH2PpqjdXSdTHQ1VgcKxHF8z5FJFUd6CYo4mKrkIxZ_EUW9uPQGZPnapNPqw0gSyw1REGMxDuJh2L_b9mP_HTrT8E-7IdSrc8GinLXpGI2xZDgKadHyeYlNtXwul9znG2-v4rI9Sr6P7fQlAkat8GiSFlcika2vAgqYpryrmkmMTCk1N_B3AzFZ2HSP2DKV0im0wP3HGeSApgpZ15W71abBwc1tWCk8_aJnDU5fm0KBmYH0_9uukNSyYZWaTQEq3zuZgASw9dDT2Ag_bGrJ74hGs2VriyA0uMoGDnuSFf34YUbcDoBe1ErIDqzHcWpB2uAVcgcYjN31azwbzjl1Xl08-CAKDGmnM_onJtV8fUoAZVgu4dKx-BaOeLghsHSPHbyltY-nPSvezhJsOdYs6AUHjtrd=w1064-h797-no

So this is where we are now. That random firmware message im getting...do you think maybe my wheel previously didnt update properly and this is the proper update? Should i risk installing it? I remember when the new firmware was upgrading it was at about 70% then suddenly dropped back down to 0% and restarted on its own. I found it odd, but just figured it was supposed to happen. Starting to think that wasnt supposed to happen.... Is there any way to rollback a firmware then reinstall it, because im starting to think i got a botched update and just need to do it all over again. Asking everyone but tagging @Marty Backe and @US69

Edited by seage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, seage said:

Alright, so findings, with pictures. Did a lil testie tests. Turned on the wheel in my garage and connected my phone. The new app kept asking for a firmware update which i didnt do then after a bit wheellog disconnected as usual. I tried to find it in the kingsong and wheellog apps and this is what i got:

Just no longer showing up. Wheel was still on mind you. So i decided ok, turn off the bluetooth on my phone. Lets check  out my ipad. Just downloaded darkness bot. Never connected it to the wheel before. So it finds the wheel actually, and connects. Interesting tho, it has the same glitch as the official kingsong app in which my battery reads as 100%. 

Now thats kinda worrying, because it makes me think that the wheel itself might actually think its still at 100% even when its on low battery. But thats probably not the case as i lost a light on the side of the wheel while riding the other day, so hopefully thats all good. Ever since this damn upgrade....... Anyways so that happens, then suddenly it disconnects. I hear some beeps, and it comes back up. Then it does it again and again and i see when its going to reconnect that it is reconnecting on top of itself. It has 4 other active connections, all darknessbot. And i wonder maybe thats what causes the constant disconnects and then connection going invisible. That it overloads the bluetooth with connections and cant take any more.

So this is where we are now. That random firmware message im getting...do you think maybe my wheel previously didnt update properly and this is the proper update? Should i risk installing it? I remember when the new firmware was upgrading it was at about 70% then suddenly dropped back down to 0% and restarted on its own. I found it odd, but just figured it was supposed to happen. Starting to think that wasnt supposed to happen.... Is there any way to rollback a firmware then reinstall it, because im starting to think i got a botched update and just need to do it all over again. Asking everyone but tagging @Marty Backe and @US69

I think I'll let @US69 chime in here. I'm not all that knowledgable about the KingSong firmware update process. Pretty sure you don't have a botched updated though, otherwise the wheel would not function.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I think I'll let @US69 chime in here. I'm not all that knowledgable about the KingSong firmware update process. Pretty sure you don't have a botched updated though, otherwise the wheel would not function.

actually i think with the newest KS wheels and firmware, a failed update will be just that, the wheel will still function as normal you wont brick it.. it just wont have updated lol... i would definitely try doing a firmware update again with the newest all blue app.. just be sure to turn off power saving mode on your phone and dont allow the screen to turn off until the update is finished... if it is successful then you re calibrate the wheel and restart it as well as the app... it SHOULD be working perfectly fine then.. if not then perhaps there is something wrong with the bluetooth module on the EUC or on the mainboard..

• Like 1

May have to make a thread in the kingsong section. Did another test with the new wheellog that talks to you. Oh man.... all i heard was connected, disconnected, connected, disconnected, conn-- over and over. And it would totally glitch out and give me amazingly high top speeds, like 247kmph was my average speed at one point, lol

But yeah, it stayed connected for like 5 minutes at one point. The moment i put my phone in my pocket, it disconnected. Any movement, disconnected. Put it close to the wheel, off, far, off. Disconnected evvery single other bluetooth connection just to see if there was interference...disconnected. About to try my 3rd and last phone. Already tried 2 other androids and darknessbot on my ipad, lol. After this, if it still doesnt work, im pretty sure its the Bluetooth module. I'll report in after my test. 

5 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

actually i think with the newest KS wheels and firmware, a failed update will be just that, the wheel will still function as normal you wont brick it.. it just wont have updated lol... i would definitely try doing a firmware update again with the newest all blue app.. just be sure to turn off power saving mode on your phone and dont allow the screen to turn off until the update is finished... if it is successful then you re calibrate the wheel and restart it as well as the app... it SHOULD be working perfectly fine then.. if not then perhaps there is something wrong with the bluetooth module on the EUC or on the mainboard..

The update prompt has since gone away and wont come back. Not sure what happened besides, i walked away, lol