ks16s new firmware v1.09

acevalsl

Hi everybody,

I was looking to a solultion to this in the forums but couldn't find any.
Ever since upgrading my KS16S firmware from 1.08 to 1.09 it has been acting weird and unstable.
It forces tiltback at very low speeds and tilts back and forth without me doing anything.

This makes me very worried. I have tried callibration and other things I saw and the only option I see left is downgrading to 1.08.

I would be so very thankful if someone could help me with this.

Kindly
Gustaf

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2019 at 5:06 AM, Gus said:

Hi everybody,

I was looking to a solultion to this in the forums but couldn't find any.
Ever since upgrading my KS16S firmware from 1.08 to 1.09 it has been acting weird and unstable.
It forces tiltback at very low speeds and tilts back and forth without me doing anything.

This makes me very worried. I have tried callibration and other things I saw and the only option I see left is downgrading to 1.08.

I would be so very thankful if someone could help me with this.

Kindly
Gustaf

just to be sure you did check the app to see what speed tiltback is set to? is it the newest app? btw, when you calibrated, was it level in X and Y axis, as it not leaning up against a wall or anything? i think a lot of people do calibration wrong which can cause issues.. if you havent calibrated it perfectly upright try to get a spirit level app on your phone or just use a real on to get it standing perfectly straight then recalibrate it.. shouldnt be an issue ive upgraded multiple units to 1.09 and they are shipping with it currently.. if all this is to no avail contact your dealer to try to get the app for firmware rollback

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Rywokastis right. Make some circles. If it tilts forward one way (when you're turning) and tilts backwards the other way (when you're turning in the other direction), your wheel is miscalibrated and you just need to calibrate it. :)

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 7:34 AM, Rywokast said:

just to be sure you did check the app to see what speed tiltback is set to? is it the newest app? btw, when you calibrated, was it level in X and Y axis, as it not leaning up against a wall or anything? i think a lot of people do calibration wrong which can cause issues.. if you havent calibrated it perfectly upright try to get a spirit level app on your phone or just use a real on to get it standing perfectly straight then recalibrate it.. shouldnt be an issue ive upgraded multiple units to 1.09 and they are shipping with it currently.. if all this is to no avail contact your dealer to try to get the app for firmware rollback

Appreciate it,

No the app doesn't allow me to even set a tiltback .....at certain times it does though but randomly switches back.

Ive done callibration STRAIGHT against a wall (not leaning) and also standing on its own with my hands keeping it level.

The callibration workes for a couple of days and rides..Then it goes back to crazy mode, doing it's own thing . 

6 hours ago, Gus said:

Appreciate it,

No the app doesn't allow me to even set a tiltback .....at certain times it does though but randomly switches back.

Ive done callibration STRAIGHT against a wall (not leaning) and also standing on its own with my hands keeping it level.

The callibration workes for a couple of days and rides..Then it goes back to crazy mode, doing it's own thing . 

doesn't allow you to? wow that sucks :( sounds like you might have no choice but to roll back the firmware

Edited by Rywokast

And the most frustrating thing of all is that Kingsong tells me to talk to my dealer and my dealer says that Kingsong says to him that IF I do a rollback, then my KS16S will be limited to 20km/h. I ask "Why?" then he refers me to Kingsong support.

So Kingsong tell me : "Talk to your dealer"

My dealer says: "Talk to Kingsong"

.............the wheels Kingsong makes are most often great and safe. But the customer service is dragged out, non cooperative and unprofessional. My patience is being burned through pretty quickly right now. If this isn't resolved and a apology given , then this will be brought up officially and buyers informed about what awaits them who decide to go with Kingsong. 

I'm not there yet, but my human mosfets are being burnt through quickly at this very moment.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gus said:

my human mosfets are being burnt through quickly at this very moment.

The fuse should blow out first. But if you were a Gotway, your wires would melt instead. I think you’re better off...

@US69, can you and/or the special Kingsong ”God app” help here?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The fuse should blow out first. But if you were a Gotway, your wires would melt instead. I think you’re better off...

@US69, can you and/or the special Kingsong ”God app” help here?

PM'ed to Gus

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Which dealer say this? Please send the dealer name to support@szkingsong.com! I would like talk to this dealer

Thanks for the support Micheal,
I'll send you a reply right away!

• Like 1

Hi found this thread as I was upgrading my KS16S firmware from v1.08 to v1.09 (July 2019) : all is well after the upgrade !

I just installed the latest app for KS16S v3.1.1 (version number found in the app under Mine > Setting).  The app works well and I think has a cleaner layout than the older version, but the 'Confirm' button would not react when I tried to change the Speed settings. So I upgraded the firmware and this fixed the Speed settings 'confirm' issue.  I've just gone for a spin to see if any of the Firmware upgrade problems raised in this thread appear, but no ... everything else works perfectly well as before.  Calibration, beeping, cut-out, pedal angle, tilt-back, battery lights ... all good.  One thing to note if you upgrade : the upgrade process repeats itself, running from 0% to 100% with the wheel's lights coming on in white, one by one as the %age increases. At 100% you get the message 'Upgrade completed' ... but then the whole process starts again and repeats another 5 or 6 times.  So be patient !!!  There is a final, new message at the end.  Be patient !!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bryanBxl said:

I just installed the latest app for KS16S v3.1.1 (version number found in the app under Mine > Setting).

The latest (Android) app version in the Play Store is v3.13 - it was updated 16 June 2019 .

Is there a reason you aren't using the latest version?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My wheel is unreliable after upgrade to 1.9

It tilts slightly forward at high speed sometimes (like losing forward balance very shortly). If this happens at the wrong moment (passing an obstacle), you’re thrown off the wheel.

I will downgrade my wheel to 1.8 if possible. Anyone knows how to do this?

18 hours ago, WieleWout said:

My wheel is unreliable after upgrade to 1.9

Have you calibrated the wheel after the update? KS recommends to do that after each update.

Downgrading, if possible at all, is a chore. You’d need a rooted Android phone, the firmware install file, and a good amount of skill and time. Some have managed to do it, for earlier versions at least.