ks16s new firmware v1.09

acevalsl

21 hours ago, Smoother said:

This is not correct.  Half of the calibration process is choosing a preferred pedal tilt angle for the rider.  For this reason front to back angle can be anything you desire during the calibration process, within reason.

Depends whether you want an angle, I prefer my wheels not having a direction, the way they are shipped.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, Mimolette said:

Depends whether you want an angle, I prefer my wheels not having a direction, the way they are shipped.

Regardless of which angle an individual prefers,  your original statement was not correct. front to back, the wheel does not have to be level to perform a calibration. So it "depends" on nothing; the "requirement" for front/back level is not factual.

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

Regardless of which angle an individual prefers,  your original statement was not correct. front to back, the wheel does not have to be level to perform a calibration. So it "depends" on nothing; the "requirement" for front/back level is not factual.

Ok, replace “level” with “whichever angle you want”, my point was not to leave it randomly against the wall when applying the firmware. I’m sure the people who want a specific angle will make it so.

32 minutes ago, Mimolette said:

Ok, replace “level” with “whichever angle you want”, my point was not to leave it randomly against the wall when applying the firmware. I’m sure the people who want a specific angle will make it so.

Agreed, leaning it up against a wall will make for a bad calibration.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, Tony Morales said:

Guys, I updated to 1.09 and noticed two very strange things.

First, the good stuff, when braking the wheel tilted back automatically something I actually liked a lot.

Second thing I noticed, the wheel is leaning forward a lot when moving forward, crazy ugly stuff, even with small bumps might throw you off. And when I say it might throw you off, I mean you might move 2 cm (1 inch) forward and then you can't f*ck1ng brake!

Third, not that important but still of matter, the angle at which the motor is disabled is now tighter, meaning when I stop in some traffic like and play with the wheel with one foot one, the wheel might switch off. To switch back on you much get it up straight 100%. Fully vertical. 

I get it wont switch off when riding, But I would like to switch off this sensor completely. I know never gonna happen.

Then, just because of the second issue I tried to recalibrate the wheel. Some unknown shit happened there, It got calibrated once, I cannot recalibrate. 

And then suddenly the braking behaviour is NOT present now, but I still feel the wheel leaning forward a LOT.

I will check the wheel fw version on the app. 

Since the update process was completed I did't check fw version on the app, I thought It would update successfully. 

I have a problem with the wheel since upgraded the new firmware 1.09. It lose the balance from time to time especially when I brake o accelerate strong,  and I FALL.
It is not a cut-off, the wheel is not turned off, the balance is lost and tilt backwards or forwards. 
After that it returns to take the balance and works smoothly until it happens again. 
I had thought it was a problem of the motherboard or the motor, but when reading this post I see that it is related to the new firmware 1.09.
It is a disaster, please remove this feature from the wheel, as I brake and acelerate with force, and this new behavior makes me fall.

Edited by Augus
error
  • Upvote 1

@Augus, that is crazy. If I'm reading this correctly your saying the wheel goes soft under hard accel or breaking like an over lean and not a cutoff. 

I dont know how the FW change would cause that. @US69 is there a way for him to go back 1.08 to make sure its FW and not a bad capacitor? 

I have not upgraded mine to 1.09 yet. Seems too buggy with no real improvements. 

I really hope you can get this sorted Augus.

Sometimes a proper calibration (while the wheel is exactly vertical left to right) is required after a firmware upgrade. I wonder if it would’ve helped here. But great that you got it downgraded!

During upgrade, they are many issue will interrupt the upgarde, so before upgrade, you should do
1. check the battery of the wheel or your mobile phone
2. better to use wifi to upgrade instead of 3G/4G
3. put your phone close to the wheel within 2 meters, and ensure there is not any other powerful radio signal to interrupt the connection between your wheel and mobile phone
4. after click the upgrade, don't do other operation on your mobile, especailly for Android phone

In April, we heard many reasons about upgrade to dead, but only 4% is the compatibility of the bluetooth between APP and mobile phone.

e.g. Open the 4G mobile network to upgrade the firmware, during the upgrading, a call in, and the 4G is disconnected, and the controller is dead(controller dead rate is about 0.1%)
e.g. click upgrade the firmware, and play games on mobile phone, and the Android system crashed.
e.g. when upgrade the firmware at home, and carry the mobile to move, and don't notice the bluetooth signal intensity is become weak when the distance is over 5~10meters.

Even the firmware is interuptted, you can continue recover the connection and upgrade again, and if controller is dead, need to input a firmware by engineer tools, or change a mother board by the distributors.
Those problems are not easy to be found by an engineer, since engineer always upgrade the firmware in a stable enviroment and don't do nothing to the mobile phone until the firmware is upgraded.

Use bluetooth to upgrade the firmware on an electric device is different with upgrading an APP.  If bluetooth disconnect, the electric device will lose the internet to download the firmware and install.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have the KS14-S and upgraded to firmware 1.09 today.

The wheel behaves very differently from 1.08
Here are the differences I have observed:

• Balancing on the wheel has been improved - The wheel tilts forward in better proportion to it's velocity, so cornering feels better, and going over rough terrain feels smoother. There is also less wobble when crouching low.
  • The motor now engages intermittently - Whining sound from the motor is no longer constant, but instead alternates rapidly. Would this improve battery life??
  • Less motor friction - The wheel seems to glide more easily, almost to the point that it feels like it's free-wheeling. It feels amazing, and if it weren't for the sound, I could almost forget that it had a motor.
  • Going down hills is now more enjoyable. The wheel almost freewheels down, but can also slow down quickly if you lean back.

I don't know if this translates to the KS16-S too, but for me, the 1.09 update on the 14-S has been well received. Thanks KingSong. 

Now please unlock the speed from 30 to 40km/h :D

2 hours ago, Daley1 said:

Has anyone got anything positive to say about upgrading to V1.09 on the ks 16s?????

How do we find out what the actual upgrade does and whether we want to upgrade?

I have V1.09, nothing negative to say about it but also dont know exactly what's different about it. I would say if you dont have any issues just leave the firmware alone. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Augus said:
4 hours ago, Acácio Nuno Bernardo said:

How did you managed to get back to the 1.08?

You should contact with your dealer.

KS dealers have an additional diagnostic app that (among other things) allows different FW versions to be loaded onto a wheel.

And beofre anyone asks, dealers are issued with a login to be able to use it, so this isn't something that can be shared around. 

• Like 1

Hey Everyone, 

i upgraded my ks14s to version 1.09. did not realize there should have been caution in doing this and now the wheel is acting very strange. When you turn the wheel on it remains loose and does not stand upright, then it starts to go crazy on its own, the wheel starts spinning out of control at an angle, simillarily to how it would spin if you were holding the wheel off the ground. Nothing stops it other than turning it off. 

Cant find any way to fix this, does anyone know how i can fix it or revert back to previous version of the wheel. (i am new to riding and the communitty so my knowledge is very limited)

appreciate any feedback i can get. 

6 minutes ago, Hylton_takes said:

Hey Everyone, 

i upgraded my ks14s to version 1.09. did not realize there should have been caution in doing this and now the wheel is acting very strange. When you turn the wheel on it remains loose and does not stand upright, then it starts to go crazy on its own, the wheel starts spinning out of control at an angle, simillarily to how it would spin if you were holding the wheel off the ground. Nothing stops it other than turning it off. 

Cant find any way to fix this, does anyone know how i can fix it or revert back to previous version of the wheel. (i am new to riding and the communitty so my knowledge is very limited)

appreciate any feedback i can get. 

theres no reverting easily.. you would need to contact your supplier and get them to provide you with a special app and login and the process isnt quite as easy.. thats weird though have you tried recalibrating the wheel?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hylton_takes said:

When you turn the wheel on it remains loose and does not stand upright, then it starts to go crazy on its own, the wheel starts spinning out of control at an angle, simillarily to how it would spin if you were holding the wheel off the ground. Nothing stops it other than turning it off. 

Based on your comment, I would guess that when you upgraded it the wheel wasn't upright?

At the end of some of the FW upgrades the wheel will do a level calibration... You will notice this becuase it will shut off and the next time you turn it on it will beep five times (which is when it is doing the level calibration).

I did this once with a wheel lying on it's side and after the FW upgrade it did not balance at all when upright and when it was laid down it spun up (just as you are describing).   :facepalm:

If my assumption about the position during the upgrade is correct, then the fix is easy...

• Place the wheel completely upright (perhaps with a brick or piece of wood under each pedal). 
  • Turn it on, eeven though it won't balance (as it thinks it is lying down).
  • Connect the app and go through the level calibration.

After that you should be ready to roll!   :thumbup:

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2019 at 1:15 PM, Acácio Nuno Bernardo said:

How did you managed to get back to the 1.08?

I never changed from 1.08, looked like there wasnt anything to gain so I didnt want to risk it.