ks16s new firmware v1.09

acevalsl

im pretty sure that firmware isnt very new, my 16s is on it and has been since i purchased that particular one like six months ago.. though i have never used this new app, i use the orange and white app

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 6:29 AM, Rywokast said:

im pretty sure that firmware isnt very new, my 16s is on it and has been since i purchased that particular one like six months ago.. though i have never used this new app, i use the orange and white app

I think I saw the same with my 16S in 2017, that the supplied firmware wasn’t available for mobile upgraders until at a later time.

I still use the green app on mobile! I always update the app on an iPad first to check it out.

• Like 1

I just tried this to see what happened...

• I got the prompt to upgrade from v1.08 to v1.09
  • I checked the notes - they only showed changes up to v1.07
  • I applied the upgrade

But the wheel still shows as being on v1.08 … It isn't bricked though, it just isn't upgraded. Unless v1.09 still shows as v1.08 once applied?   :blink1:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I just tried this to see what happened...

• I got the prompt to upgrade from v1.08 to v1.09
  • I checked the notes - they only showed changes up to v1.07
  • I applied the upgrade

But the wheel still shows as being on v1.08 … It isn't bricked though, it just isn't upgraded. Unless v1.09 still shows as v1.08 once applied?   :blink1:

I think the new app is just weird lol

• Like 1

I went ahead and upgraded mine, the behaviour is strange though. It goes to 100%, the wheel starts in a continius beep until I shut it off. After that it still shows 1.08.

Tried it again, and this time without that beeeeeeep. 100% success but still 1.08.

Ahh well..

Edited by e_kjellgren

I’m not feeling all warm and fuzzy about upgrading the app.  Not sure why I would if the wheel still works fine?  I don’t need additional challenges in my life today.

• Like 2

Guys, I updated to 1.09 and noticed two very strange things.

First, the good stuff, when braking the wheel tilted back automatically something I actually liked a lot.

Second thing I noticed, the wheel is leaning forward a lot when moving forward, crazy ugly stuff, even with small bumps might throw you off. And when I say it might throw you off, I mean you might move 2 cm (1 inch) forward and then you can't f*ck1ng brake!

Third, not that important but still of matter, the angle at which the motor is disabled is now tighter, meaning when I stop in some traffic like and play with the wheel with one foot one, the wheel might switch off. To switch back on you much get it up straight 100%. Fully vertical. 

I get it wont switch off when riding, But I would like to switch off this sensor completely. I know never gonna happen.

Then, just because of the second issue I tried to recalibrate the wheel. Some unknown shit happened there, It got calibrated once, I cannot recalibrate. 

And then suddenly the braking behaviour is NOT present now, but I still feel the wheel leaning forward a LOT.

I will check the wheel fw version on the app. 

Since the update process was completed I did't check fw version on the app, I thought It would update successfully. 

Edited by Tony Morales

1 hour ago, Tony Morales said:

Guys, I updated to 1.09 and noticed two very strange things.

First, the good stuff, when braking the wheel tilted back automatically something I actually liked a lot.

Second thing I noticed, the wheel is leaning forward a lot when moving forward, crazy ugly stuff, even with small bumps might throw you off. And when I say it might throw you off, I mean you might move 2 cm (1 inch) forward and then you can't f*ck1ng brake!

Third, not that important but still of matter, the angle at which the motor is disabled is now tighter, meaning when I stop in some traffic like and play with the wheel with one foot one, the wheel might switch off. To switch back on you much get it up straight 100%. Fully vertical. 

I get it wont switch off when riding, But I would like to switch off this sensor completely. I know never gonna happen.

Then, just because of the second issue I tried to recalibrate the wheel. Some unknown shit happened there, It got calibrated once, I cannot recalibrate. 

And then suddenly the braking behaviour is NOT present now, but I still feel the wheel leaning forward a LOT.

I will check the wheel fw version on the app. 

Since the update process was completed I did't check fw version on the app, I thought It would update successfully. 

that sounds horrible... mine definitely does not do any of that

It appears that the wheel did not upgrade to 1.08.

What happened (not 100% yet but it's the most possible), is that the firmware upgrade process reset the calibration setting.

I am starting a new thread to ask for help with the behaviour of KS16-S.

Edited by Tony Morales

This seems similar to what I post a few days back for my KS18L and firmware 1.11 to 1.12 (if I recall versions right).

The update is more or less the same firmware version hench you don't see version number increase. 

What it did was to improve new gen app commuting with the wherl. In the process my wheel got that standing on an inflatable bed sensation. Or like balancing on a surfboard as wave passes near waterline without breaking.

Solution was to calibrate the wheel. It is not as firm as I recall it but it could just be a mind trick. But I like how it feels now. My inmotion v8 was much worse in this matter.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 5:51 PM, Unventor said:

Solution was to calibrate the whee

This is correct.  Some how your calibration has gone out of whack during the upgrade.  There are several threads knocking about right now about calibration.  Key point.  Wheel has to be 100% level left to right before and during the process, or ALL of the strange behavior wont go away.  Don't believe me? ask @seage

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, fryman said:

Updated to 1.09 yesterday.  Does anyone know how to leave the led lights on, so they show the battery level when you stop?  I can only either have the led lights on or off.

can't.. either a light show or no lights at all.. I like the addition of the no lights at all but it was idiotic to get rid of the battery display only option.. it was probably a mistake I think it will come back in the next fw

Yes, I couldn't unlock speed after switching phones/app. Couldn't get the "green" app too work on my phone, so tried other apps. They wouldn't let me change speed settings. Updated firmware, and as soon as I turned on the blue app, a window popped up asking if I want to unlock. All other aspects and characteristics of the wheel remained the same. No problems

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I accidentally upgraded the firmware to 1.9 using the iOS app 1.3, and the calibration did indeed reset. This should almost be a sticky post for the time being, as it is a bit annoying to have to redo, not counting all the people who won't understand their wheel got weird.

Also, it seems front / back has to be level, but also to the sides? If you don't have a good water level I suggest pulling out the handle and hanging the wheel (with a rope eventually) so that gravity makes it level. The inner weight distribution seems fairly symmetric.

Edited by Mimolette

16 hours ago, Mimolette said:

I accidentally upgraded the firmware to 1.9 using the iOS app 1.3, and the calibration did indeed reset. This should almost be a sticky post for the time being, as it is a bit annoying to have to redo, not counting all the people who won't understand their wheel got weird.

Also, it seems front / back has to be level, but also to the sides? If you don't have a good water level I suggest pulling out the handle and hanging the wheel (with a rope eventually) so that gravity makes it level. The inner weight distribution seems fairly symmetric.

Yeah it should ideally be placed exactly vertical. I did a improper calibration with the wheel tilted against a wall and felt my pedals dipping when I went into turns. Also use my phone as a level to check the angle.

Edited by Blank
  • Upvote 1

On 4/30/2019 at 9:36 AM, Mimolette said:

This is not correct.  Half of the calibration process is choosing a preferred pedal tilt angle for the rider.  For this reason front to back angle can be anything you desire during the calibration process, within reason. Side to side level is still critical though. Any accurate level or level app, placed so that it measures accurately side to side is enough, no need for water levels and hanging from the ceiling.

• Upvote 1