Z10 or 18XL?

ricqvo

Hello guys,

I can have Z10 for 1450 USD

Or 18XL for 1750 USD.

What wheel should I get? I want long range, so 18XL might be better for me, but i dont really know the true range of z10... 

What do you guys think about it? Is the 18xl worth the 300 bucks?

Thanks, have a great day!

I love my z10 but i couldn't live with just one short range wheel i think if you have to have any first it would be the xl .i have the msx and I'll be using that today cause i want to stay out long time. The z10 is a lovely wheel you can buy that later 😊 I've ordered a 6amp charger for the z10 so i can charger while out , 20+ miles z10 vs 50+ miles xl depending on weight weather and speed etc

25 minutes ago, stephen said:

I love my z10 but i couldn't live with just one short range wheel i think if you have to have any first it would be the xl .i have the msx and I'll be using that today cause i want to stay out long time. The z10 is a lovely wheel you can buy that later 😊 I've ordered a 6amp charger for the z10 so i can charger while out , 20+ miles z10 vs 50+ miles xl depending on weight weather and speed etc

Yeah, 20+ miles is not much... And MSX is too expensive for me... 18XL may be the best daily driver for me...

1 hour ago, ricqvo said:

Yeah, 20+ miles is not much... And MSX is too expensive for me... 18XL may be the best daily driver for me...

18XL is a great wheel for both short and long trips. Powerful, comfortable and fast. Combined with fast charger allows to make a 100 km+ daily trips. At the same time is quite good wheel for city or last-mile use.

3 hours ago, ricqvo said:

Hello guys,

Or 18XL for 1750 USD.

What wheel should I get? I want long range, so 18XL might be better for me, but i dont really know the true range of z10... 

Great prices for wheels 

Who would your source be ?

Having no experience on either wheel ,range would be the winner for sure

7 hours ago, ricqvo said:

Hello guys,

Or 18XL for 1750 USD.

In the absolute sense I think EUCs in general are too pricey. In the relative sense of comparative value for the price; Yes! The XL is easily worth the difference. 

If you want performance and value. Get the XL. 

If you want a different-looking wheel, get the Z10.

Don't mean to sound down on the Z10 here. Although I can understand someone wanting a Z10 as an additional wheel upon which to have some fun. , I simply can't figure why anyone would get a Z10 "over" an XL for any reason other than wanting a wheel that they perceive will draw more attention. 

11 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

In the absolute sense I think EUCs in general are too pricey. In the relative sense of comparative value for the price; Yes! The XL is easily worth the difference. 

Relative to EUCs, eBikes are generally much more expensive while eScooters are cheaper. However, in just the past year newer higher performance models of eBikes and eScooters are cheaper than their previous generation. For example, even with the US eBike tarrifs you can get a 750 watt motor with a ~800 from Juiced Bikes for about $300 cheaper than last year, and it now comes with new and improved features. And that's true to most of the eBike companies I've followed.

In contrast, EUCs, which just seem to have Gotway, KS, NineBot, and Inmotion with just 1 or 2 exclusive US dealers, seem to be exhibiting the classic captive market appearance of increasing prices. Mass-produced goods from China rarely exhibit this price trend.

In my opinion, a class 3 eBike with a $100 chain AND a $60 ubar AND a hidden GPS tracker, which can be had for under $2000 is the best value electric, with safety, value, speed, and cargo capacity taken into consideration.

If you must go EUC, I'm 100% with Lutelo in that the XL is the ne plus ultra of wheels, and as an only wheel it can do it all.

8 hours ago, ricqvo said:

18XL for 1750 USD.

Where? 🤤🤤

I vote for the XL, you just can't beat the ground clearance and range.

18XL is pretty much a perfect wheel with the Z10 being more of a novelty wheel.

Those prices sound like Aliexpress prices. Which is totally fine. I ordered my 84v 1600Wh MSX from there when the price was $1500.

If you had an infinite budget which wheels would you buy first?
On the condition that you can only buy a new one after riding the current one for 1000 miles.

If it does 95% of what you want 95% of the time then it's pretty much perfect.

If they both cost the same which one would you buy?

22 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

18XL is pretty much a perfect wheel with the Z10 being more of a novelty wheel.

Those prices sound like Aliexpress prices. Which is totally fine. I ordered my 84v 1600Wh MSX from there when the price was $1500.

If you had an infinite budget which wheels would you buy first?
On the condition that you can only buy a new one after riding the current one for 1000 miles.

If it does 95% of what you want 95% of the time then it's pretty much perfect.

If they both cost the same which one would you buy?

MSX for 1500 bucks? That is pretty awesome dude! If I had that chance, i would definitely buy it!

Archived