Best wheel with easily removable batteries?

Jason Brownell

I am hoping to find a model that has easily removable batteries. I fly a private jet and as uncommon as fires are, we will feel more comfortable having the batteries more accessible, ie kept separately in the cabin.

I have a V5 and like it, but getting at the battery is too difficult. Thanks 

I know at least one person who has regularly ridden with V8 with an extra battery pack in his backpack. I've seen him change the battery in about 5-minutes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jason Brownell said:

I am hoping to find a model that has easily removable batteries. I fly a private jet and as uncommon as fires are, we will feel more comfortable having the batteries more accessible, ie kept separately in the cabin.

I have a V5 and like it, but getting at the battery is too difficult. Thanks 

King song 14b is the easiest battery swapable EUC I know of.

• Like 1

Like @Marty Backe said, probably the V8 is your best bet, one of the easiest & fastest wheels to get at the battery, 2 screws, then a twist of the shell and you're in.

The Gotway Tesla is pretty fast to get into the battery as well. Not that many screws (4 on each side, if I'm remembering correctly(?)) with no need to de-pedal.

The only "hot-swapp-able" EUC's that have existed are the KS-14B and UniWheel, but the former is discontinued, and the latter's company is MIA / defunct(?).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I recommend to check out V8 disassembly vids on youtube before you decide whether you would find removing the battery easy. I have done it a few times and I would call it doable but not easy. Removing the shell cover is easy with some practice, but the battery casing doesn't slide out well (after you have found the screws that do not disassemble the casing but fix the casing to the wheel, most of them are deeply hidden and you can't quite see which ones are which, can't remember how many there are). In your position I would be tempted trying to find a Uniwheel, even though the manufacturer isn't around anymore.

Edited by Mono

• 3 years later...

https://www.ewheels.com/product/king-song-14b-removable-battery-pack/

$650 $550

King Song 14B” with Removable Battery Pack

The King Song 14B is the only eWheel with a removable battery pack which can be swapped out in seconds with a fully charged replacement.

What makes the 14B Special?

• Travel compatible: two requirements that all Airlines have for travelling with Personal Electric Vehicles are:
  • 1) that the battery capacity is below 160Wh &
  • 2) that it can be removed & stowed separately from the Wheel. In both of these, our 14Bs are the only Wheels made today that satisfy these rules. We strongly advise that you check with your airline before attempting to fly with your Wheel, as each Airline has individual rules & policies.

King-Song-800W.jpg

KS14B Red Right

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

King Song 14B” with Removable Battery Pack

Out of stock.

Presumably quite everywhere...

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

Travel compatible

Afair not even at the time this wheel was new - pevs with li ion batteries were early forbidden in airlines. Even without batteries.

• Like 1