New KS Android app v1.52

TomOnWheels

I installed it yesterday and don't notice a difference either. 

It still has very high battery utilization on my phone (Samsung Note 4).  One time it used up over 60% of my phone battery before I found out that the app was the cause.  Now every time I use it to get info about the wheel, I kill the app using the app manager.  It still manages to restart the service though.  So I have tried disabling many of the phone services that it tries to use, like location and phone calls, but then I can't connect to my wheels through Bluetooth.  The app is really bad.

I've noticed  the Italian app localization...Thanks;) even though I promptly set it back to English in the preference settings.....:lol:

The difference is as follows:

Perhaps some of you have recognized that sometimes -when you enter the app - a popup comes up...saying to update the firmware?!

And then later you found out there is non...thats a fault in the app. Especially when having more than one wheel or more than one BT device around the app gave a „false FW update announce“ ...this is fixed with this  version.!

The „false update“ advertisment sometimes lead to wrong firmware installment...so it is good that this is fixed now!

And for IOS users:

The „false FW advertisement“can still happen...easy solution:

When you enter the app, and get a prompt to update, say NO!!!

You can check for fw updates later on...but dont use the prompt when you enter the app.....

50 minutes ago, US69 said:

The difference is as follows:

Perhaps some of you have recognized that sometimes -when you enter the app - a popup comes up...saying to update the firmware?!

And then later you found out there is non...thats a fault in the app. Especially when having more than one wheel or more than one BT device around the app gave a „false FW update announce“ ...this is fixed with this  version.!

The „false update“ advertisment sometimes lead to wrong firmware installment...so it is good that this is fixed now!

And for IOS users:

The „false FW advertisement“can still happen...easy solution:

When you enter the app, and get a prompt to update, say NO!!!

You can check for fw updates later on...but dont use the prompt when you enter the app.....

Thanks a lot @US69! Also I've noticed before the app upgrade that the front light (on the side where power button is) was very low while the rear one was normal. Now after updating the app, and switching from on to auto for lights, both front and rear lights  are very low... I don't know if this is a hardware or software issue. Some other people noticed the same on the forum. Maybe within latest version of firmware, KS added something new to address some complains about light being too strong for pedestrians and the it was sometime blinking ?

5 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

Thanks a lot @US69! Also I've noticed before the app upgrade that the front light (on the side where power button is) was very low while the rear one was normal. Now after updating the app, and switching from on to auto for lights, both front and rear lights  are very low... I don't know if this is a hardware or software issue. Some other people noticed the same on the forum. Maybe within latest version of firmware, KS added something new to address some complains about light being too strong for pedestrians and the it was sometime blinking ?

Afaik there hasnt been any change to the light settings or brightness...

34 minutes ago, TomOnWheels said:

Happened to me ( and to somebody else in the forum) just after the firmware upgrade (1.11). Any solution?

8 hours ago, squirt said:

I installed it yesterday and don't notice a difference either. 

It still has very high battery utilization on my phone (Samsung Note 4).  One time it used up over 60% of my phone battery before I found out that the app was the cause.  Now every time I use it to get info about the wheel, I kill the app using the app manager.  It still manages to restart the service though.  So I have tried disabling many of the phone services that it tries to use, like location and phone calls, but then I can't connect to my wheels through Bluetooth.  The app is really bad.

I found out it keeps reading my GPS!!!! location. That is a battery killer (and a privacy concern) 

I made a clone of the app, with the location settings tweaked so it does not call the GPS, and always gets a fake location. I'm quite angry at KS for this app's behavior 

8 hours ago, Struck said:

I found out it keeps reading my GPS!!!! location. That is a battery killer (and a privacy concern) 

I made a clone of the app, with the location settings tweaked so it does not call the GPS, and always gets a fake location. I'm quite angry at KS for this app's behavior 

on top of all that, now with the new 1.11 im not able to tell how much battery i have left without opening up the shitty app that i have been able to avoid all this time..

comoon KS.. how about getting some priorities straight? 

54 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

on top of all that, now with the new 1.11 im not able to tell how much battery i have left without opening up the shitty app that i have been able to avoid all this time..

comoon KS.. how about getting some priorities straight? 

battery lights not showing ? That is a feature that is on when in the app you switch off front lights and side lights.

10 hours ago, Struck said:

For the Android App being "always active" is a known issue for me. 

My work around for this is to turn off the Auto Start and secondary Start from the Android battery settings, to prevent any App (auto)start when not using the wheel. 

After using the KingSong App I shut it manually down by Android App settings "force stop". 

Problem solved. :D

1 hour ago, TomOnWheels said:

battery lights not showing ? That is a feature that is on when in the app you switch off front lights and side lights.

are you saying there is a separate option to turn on the side lights?

just to clarify:

in the old 1.10 version when i power up i have front light and side lights enabled, by pressing the power button 2 times, i turn off the front light, battery side lights stay on

now in the new version 1.11 when i power up, i only have the front light, when pressing the power button 2 times i shut down the front light, right? 

my question is, how cam i get back the sidelights? ie. battery lights

17 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

are you saying there is a separate option to turn on the side lights?

just to clarify:

in the old 1.10 version when i power up i have front light and side lights enabled, by pressing the power button 2 times, i turn off the front light, battery side lights stay on

now in the new version 1.11 when i power up, i only have the front light, when pressing the power button 2 times i shut down the front light, right? 

my question is, how cam i get back the sidelights? ie. battery lights

yes, you can off side lights in app. It's separated from front/rear lights settings. If all lights are off then there is no lights showing battery status. It's new in 1.11. So your option is to put on or auto front light or to enable side lights and then battery status will show when wheel is not moving.

2 hours ago, TomOnWheels said:

yes, you can off side lights in app. It's separated from front/rear lights settings. If all lights are off then there is no lights showing battery status. It's new in 1.11. So your option is to put on or auto front light or to enable side lights and then battery status will show when wheel is not moving.

Could you be more specific? i just tried all light settings and all i can enable is the teenage disco lights, no battery level indicators.

EDIT: ok so i got it, if i have the disco lights enabled, it will show the status when still... but this still sucks..
i liked it hos it was before, IMHO, the change to side leds off should have been in the 3'rd mode when pressing the power button. this would have made more sense, since you are turning off the lights anyway..

27 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

Could you be more specific? i just tried all light settings and all i can enable is the teenage disco lights, no battery level indicators.

EDIT: ok so i got it, if i have the disco lights enabled, it will show the status when still... but this still sucks..
i liked it hos it was before, IMHO, the change to side leds off should have been in the 3'rd mode when pressing the power button. this would have made more sense, since you are turning off the lights anyway..

if you put 'disco light' off and front light to auto then you  will still get the battery display. I know all changes makes some people happy and some other sad...

Just now, TomOnWheels said:

Sorry, you are right ! I was sure it works that way, but also tested again and it if you switch off the side lights the battery status stop working too... Sorry again !

No Worries, i do like the new "stealth mode", but since we all agree that the software is just junk, i dont like the fact i have to go on to my mobile to check the battery level

On 9/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, Borg666 said:

For the Android App being "always active" is a known issue for me. 

My work around for this is to turn off the Auto Start and secondary Start from the Android battery settings, to prevent any App (auto)start when not using the wheel. 

After using the KingSong App I shut it manually down by Android App settings "force stop". 

Problem solved. :D

"to prevent any app", "force stop", that is quite cumbersome!! ¬¬'

Lots of things to improve in the app!!

Speed Limits problems....

Well... I remember very well as out of the box firm 1.07 and connected to app 1.50 the 1st Alert in Speed Limits session was set by default to 18kph and having set the speaker On... as my son went out for a Ride I listened at the typical "Please, decelerate !" Voice ?? All worked as must be?

Now I'm with 1.11 and 1.52 app and after the first 5km I was able to unlock the speed to a 40kph max and set the Alerts this way:

1 -25Kph

2 - 32Kph

3 -38Kph

With a Tiltback Alert at 39kph

Well... just today had a 5,9Km ride where I got a Top Speed of 34,45Kph without receive any Alert and where I suppose to get at last the 1st and the 2nd Alert for the Top speed gained. ..<_<

Why this doesn't happened??

The speaker is always On and can hear the voice "Bluetooth Connected" if I try to play music...

Any suggestions ??

Why speed limit alerts didn't advice me anymore ??? :(

40 minutes ago, zugu said:

Well... just today had a 5,9Km ride where I got a Top Speed of 34,45Kph without receive any Alert and where I suppose to get at last the 1st and the 2nd Alert for the Top speed gained. ..<_<

Why this doesn't happened??

The speaker is always On and can hear the voice "Bluetooth Connected" if I try to play music...

Any suggestions ??

The beeps come frim a seperate beeper and not from the speakers.

Imo if voice messages are turned on the beeper gets disabled?!

You can try to lift your wheel and let it accelerate to see what happens?

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

The beeps come frim a seperate beeper and not from the speakers.

Imo if voice messages are turned on the beeper gets disabled?!

You can try to lift your wheel and let it accelerate to see what happens?

The beeps work correctly  at Startup, Shutdown and when lift or putt back on the road like the Speaker work in Speech the Bluetooth Connection and into reproduce music from a device connected;)

BUT....

Both Beeps and Speaker speech didn't work anymore whatsoever I set in the Speed Limits options as Alerts....:unsure:

Can someone test it ??

Does it beeps or Speech if you overtake the values set for Alert 1, 2 and 3 ?? And for Tiltback???:confused1:

Mine acts like if all the values are set to Zero :unsure:..... No Alerts at all.....<_<

Again today  I made again the Speed Limit settings and went out for a ride.

Have set 1st Alarm at 25Kph and 2nd at 32Kph....

No Speech Alert "Please decelerate" nor  Beeps were produced:unsure::rolleyes:

Going to check the trip in detail, is evident a Top Speed achieved of 29,91 this morning  so at last the 1st Alert Must be engaged ....but nothing .... no speech nor beeps...:( <_<

Archived