KS-16S 1.07 Firmware available

Borg666

Hello folks,

I just found out by coincidence, that there is a firmware update 1.07 available for KS-16S.

I updated the firmware by using the latest version V1.47 of the "new" Android App, available here:
http://jc.cnaite.cn/data/apk/Kingsong_Aligned.apk

Because it's one o'clock in the morning (at my place ;), I haven't done a test ride with this setup - please be patient until late sunday evening (CEST).
Or another rider may substitute with their experience report on this firmware.

Regards, Borg.

ZW0KgMd.png

Out testing the 1.07. I was annoyed at the earlier top speed tiltback of the fw 1.05. Based on this, a 1-word review on the 1.07:

WOOOHOOOO!!!

I can now hold a constant 34.5+ km/h travel speed!

850982C7-5B8A-4629-B226-740B5ED5D2DC.thumb.png.14c49e467b8e496e5bd8ea167ce04d9b.png

Ofcourse the tiltback, once it comes up, is a bit jerkier, as it begins later yet must keep me under 35. Not bad though, I think it works GREAT!

It does seem to drop earlier than 30% battery though. Can’t say when exactly, but already at 50% (while riding) I had to push more to get past 34km/h. And the tiniest uphill at that point pushed me back below 33km/h. No beeps though.

24 minutes ago, fryman said:

Is that an official kingsong update? Why would they go from 105 to 107?

Yes that is a KS update... when you are logged in with the app, go to more and touch firmware, it should show the update info...

regarding why 1.05 to 1.07,  I will add that to my list of things that do not make much sense,  as I can not initially understand or explain... I can tell you that it is a very long list and this issue is nowhere near the top... ?

27 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Yes that is a KS update... when you are logged in with the app, go to more and touch firmware, it should show the update info...

regarding why 1.05 to 1.07,  I will add that to my list of things that do not make much sense,  as I can not initially understand or explain... I can tell you that it is a very long list and this issue is nowhere near the top... ?

Tried last night could not update. Don’t get me started on app issues ?

36 minutes ago, fryman said:

Tried last night could not update. Don’t get me started on app issues ?

I think it may have to do with their server... I tried to update my 18S software for almost a week and it finally got through... keep trying, meantime I am going for a ride in a few hours. I rode for 2 hours yesterday on this wheel so I should be able to get a pretty good idea if there are changes in the riding... I will make a few comments later but I am not into the in depth analysis as some others are, I just want to ride and enjoy... 

Ok so I just did a 7 mile ride with the 1.07 upgrade... when I loaded the 1.05 I definitely noticed a little smoother ride, and a little quicker acceleration... I did not notice much difference with this new upgrade. If someone else provides data or says it was slightly different I probably would not disagree, I just didn't fell much difference. 

5 hours ago, Marcglider said:

Ok so I just did a 7 mile ride with the 1.07 upgrade... when I loaded the 1.05 I definitely noticed a little smoother ride, and a little quicker acceleration... I did not notice much difference with this new upgrade. If someone else provides data or says it was slightly different I probably would not disagree, I just didn't fell much difference. 

I didn’t feel other differences to 1.05 as well, just the speed at which the max speed tilt-back starts on full battery.

13 hours ago, Marcglider said:

[...] I did not notice much difference with this new upgrade. [..., compared to Version 1.05]

I'm much too scared, so my usual riding speed is about 30 kph max. ?? Therefore I never experienced a tilt back so far. ?

For this reason I didn't noticed much difference between version 1.05 and version 1.07, as well...

Cheers 

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

It won’t let me click the ok button this time. Wtf, it’s like off the screen.

That is the problem with the iOS version, the text is not scrollable. Try decreasing the text size in iOS settings, it might be enough to make it all fit.

On the Android version the text box is scrollable.

I was able to get it to install by putting the phone in zoom mode oddly enough. I tried small text and that didn't help. Even though Zoom seems like it would be even worse, it seems to force a popup dialogue box that I was able to click ok on. 

18 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I was able to get it to install by putting the phone in zoom mode oddly enough. I tried small text and that didn't help. Even though Zoom seems like it would be even worse, it seems to force a popup dialogue box that I was able to click ok on. 

Just accept it and get some reading glasses already, you old fart!   ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded from 1.03 to 1.07 using previous (non-updated) version on app. Quick ride around the block, seems OK. Was trying to push up to 20mph but did not get over 17mph. Kinda wierd, but trip was short (small city block). 

Longer trip, 6 blocks, logged below. Felt smooth. Don't know if it is my imagination or not but felt a bit more difficult to hit 21mph. Also used to seeing my wheel hit 21.5 or 22.5, seemed topped off at exactly 21mph.

Screenshot_20180627-182035.png

• 2 weeks later...

Battery indicator lights are not registering properly after 1.07 update. There are more lights on than there should be based on the battery percentage on the app.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived