THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Wow, that is a nice road to ride on, except I was thinking two wheels and an engine. 🙂

Corsica is a very well know paradise for motorbikes in Europe, if you have the chance go for it !

you can find other videos my channel from the last year tour if interested

;)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Breakdown video of how and why this happened coming soon.

ooooof. You're ok I presume?

Anxiously awaiting the report, it certainly didn't look like anything you did would have caused that.

I was wondering if that's what you had to do! I guess it's time to do a little shopping.

One of the strange things is that a normal pedal strike doesn't do that? I've been dumped by traditional pedal strikes more times than I care to admit and knock-on-wood haven't had it lock itself out. There were reports long ago that banging on the slider made the motor jump which seemed totally off the wall… now it doesn't seem as whacky.

Outstanding boy scouting. Prepared

Edited by Tawpie

10 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Outstanding boy scouting. Prepared

I also always carry a small first aid pouch, small shock/tire pump, 4 folded sheets of paper towels, lighter, Allen wrench with Phillips head on one end, pocket knife and a lens cloth. 

18 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

a normal pedal strike doesn't do that?

I haven't had a hard enough pedal strike to cause it, but a hit to the sliders will do it almost every time. I've been thinking of sawing off the extra as I don't see me ever moving the pedal height from it's highest setting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

I haven't had a hard enough pedal strike to cause it, but a hit to the sliders will do it almost every time. I've been thinking of sawing off the extra as I don't see me ever moving the pedal height from it's highest setting. 

Thanks for posting the video and explanation of your method to get up and running again, very very useful info (but I would need to find something running on 240v for NZ, if there is such a thing that's light enough). I too have been thinking of removing the excess due to also being on the highest position with NO intention to ever go lower again.

However, I have been using a Roll.NZ Bodyguard on My S18 which uses those 4 protrusions as attachment points for the bottom 4 loops of the Bodyguard.

I'm going to have to come up with some other secure method of attaching the 4 loops of the Bodyguard, so that I can go ahead and cut the slider pipes flush now after seeing your posts/videos so as NOT to get stranded/stuck out on a trail somewhere!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fbhb said:

........, very very useful info (but I would need to find something running on 240v for NZ

I did a quick search and came up with this. It is possible to get  one in NZ.

https://ismart.nz/products/portable-46200mah-ac-220v-inverter-200w-pd-65w-fast-charge-power-bank-station-with-led-flashlight?variant=42897032380666&currency=NZD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2022-07-07&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAjw6fyXBhBgEiwAhhiZskFpMUHp1i-w_lvPPG3kaDjZuE_J_wyI680Z2ak2aJoZWuC4_WJlPRoCZfUQAvD_BwE

Expensive but would save you a long walk/push home

Edited by Julian-NZ
  • Thanks 1