THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Posted (edited)

i ordered the insta360 x4 because i think i can use it with this new ipad.

and after reading this article, i deduced there must not be any euc riders in tampa or else they'd be filming down there. 

of course read another article about a 25 year old motorcyclist dying when a van made a left in front of him, i'm sure never using a blinker, i use to see that always. (i proposed a radar device that would alert u if the oncoming vehicle was slowing down, if i saw that, i slowed down too because i knew the idiot was about to cross my path)

anyway, i think for euc's to gain widespread popularity and usefulness, although "joy toys" are definitely useful, but for actual transportation and running errands we need safe infrastructure, and fortunately for us, pedestrians, bicyclists, joggers, etc, are also in peril.

tampa, where i was born, seems to be all about this pev movement so i thought i'd share.

https://familydestinationsguide.com/longest-continuous-sidewalk-florida/

ha, i did find this! tampa strong! 

and this!

oh hell yeah! this will be perfect for ranch surveillance, although the quality isn't great on my end. could be at&t. i just want high quality i can move to my new ipad for review. haha, i doubt i'd ever be able to publish anything over wireless.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronin Ryder said:

if i rode urban like u and chris, i'd slap on beidou's drop pedal hanger and hou's 40mm forward backplate he made for me, and for u guys, put on the michelin 80/90 r14 pilot street 2, inflated to 45psi, and hang on!

u must have smaller feet than mine. even with the pedals moved 40mm forward, the pedals aren't long enough so the tip of my van's don't protrude. notice my heel is perfectly aligned with the rear or the pedal, so no negative to braking, haha, 

although u will be going lots faster with this new found power and stability. 

i like the pedals on the lynx just fine, and i prefer a little bit of sneaker toe being the scraper in a turn as opposed to the pedal. u don't have to drop the pedals but the 40mm forward is a must for big footed individuals.

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

if i rode urban like u and chris, i'd slap on beidou's drop pedal hanger and hou's 40mm forward backplate he made for me, and for u guys, put on the michelin 80/90 r14 pilot street 2, inflated to 45psi, and hang on!

u must have smaller feet than mine. even with the pedals moved 40mm forward, the pedals aren't long enough so the tip of my van's don't protrude. notice my heel is perfectly aligned with the rear or the pedal, so no negative to braking, haha, 

although u will be going lots faster with this new found power and stability. 

i like the pedals on the lynx just fine, and i prefer a little bit of sneaker toe being the scraper in a turn as opposed to the pedal. u don't have to drop the pedals but the 40mm forward is a must for big footed individuals.

If u have bigger feet than me, you must be a giant, can't find any other explanation 😆

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

u know it does well, but in my 70 years, for this 325 acres, nothing works as good as a horse. 

just hot as hell on top of that horse. 

why we always headed out in pitch black darkness. 

quite the childhood. it was 1200 acres then.

this is a couple of years before my arrival here. 

raw land.

529FCA20-CBAA-425A-8201-DB003936B059.thumb.jpeg.d949d7fee96056523b019cef9be1def3.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 9:48 PM, litewave said:

I have used this one. The Pass faceshield won't close all the way due to the straps. Not sure why you would use the TSG pass this time of year in hot FL, but suum cuique.

haha, last night otw home around dusk, headlight on, i ran into a swarm of idk what?

couldn't close the visor and trap a thousand inside and i was just getting pelted.

i need an astronauts helmet out here with an ac backpack.

this swarm was long.

i cracked the shield and used my hands to part the insects.

i was thinking maybe this was the apocalypse. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

haha, last night otw home around dusk, headlight on, i ran into a swarm of idk what?

couldn't close the visor and trap a thousand inside and i was just getting pelted.

This made me laugh in camaraderie with you when I read it - I too rode through a swarm of little gnatty things today with only a sun visor down, and I too swallowed at least 5 of them, and further 10 got all in amongst my helmetry and got stuck in the meshwork there, which just leaves them flapping about in my peripheral vision to much distracting effect :) 

I can't win - I avoid the parks and town in the day to avoid the people, so come out evenings / nights into clouds of hovering shit during their peak times instead ! On the plus side the sunsets at that time of day are usually very nice !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

This made me laugh in camaraderie with you when I read it - I too rode through a swarm of little gnatty things today with only a sun visor down, and I too swallowed at least 5 of them, and further 10 got all in amongst my helmetry and got stuck in the meshwork there, which just leaves them flapping about in my peripheral vision to much distracting effect :) 

I can't win - I avoid the parks and town in the day to avoid the people, so come out evenings / nights into clouds of hovering shit during their peak times instead ! On the plus side the sunsets at that time of day are usually very nice !

out here in the woods like i am, it happens alot!

but it can happen and does happen to everybody i suspect.

on my motorcycles, my head was entombed in foam and tight fit and closed visor always. course i was usually doing 75-80 on the interstate, so ventilation wasn't a problem.

having some big ass bug fly into ur eyes or helmet, and i'm already tripping, isn't good. 

and yeah, i forgot to mention, with my beard blocking airflow, i think i could pass out with a closed visor on a tsg pass. i always crack it. 

i bet a "transitions" type shield/visor would be a big seller. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I have almost never got my outer visor closed. I like feeling a bit of air across my face, and most of the time the inner sun visor keeps the wildlife out of my eyes.

There was an incident with what I can only describe as a 'very big bumblebee' which twatted me full in the (closed that time!) mouth at 35 mph the other day, but at least those guys bounce off and out, and are usually too stunned by the impact to think about getting a sting off !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

haha, i hope i don't get yelled at, but wheels will never replace the horse.

and if everything goes to shit, u can still ride.

Edited by novazeus

22 hours ago, novazeus said:

haha, i hope i don't get yelled at, but wheels will never replace the horse.

and if everything goes to shit, u can still ride.

unless the horse breaks a leg

Posted (edited)

Has anyone here had memory speed issues on their Insta360 X2 camera?  
I have an X2, and in addition a Sandisk Extreme 256GB SD card, with specs:
UHS-I U Class 3, Video Class V30, Write speed 130 MB/s, Read speed 190 MB/s
Completely in line with what Insta itself recommends.  It has worked fine
for 1/2 year.   But now it's teasing.  I'm on a trip and click the start record
button.  The camera starts and i swing the selfiet stick backwards, riding along
in the belief that everything is fine.  Suddenly I hear a sound from the camera,
i swing it forward and in a split second manage to read "recording stopped,
card speed is to slow". Wtf? :wacko: 
And then the circus begins.  I can start the recording and wait... 20 seconds,
then it turns off again.  Or it continues until I interrupt myself... but not every time,
It's completely random and not to be trusted.  It is not because the camera gets
particularly hot, but it is clearly warmer now than it was last winter.  I have tried
deleting the sd card.  Formatting it, also the long-low-level one, and also let the camera
format itself.... I thought that was the solution as it worked fine right after... and
then 20 minutes later it didn't anyway.  I do not know what to do.  Camera runs latest
firmware.  Can a sd card lose speed over time? or does performance deteriorate when the
card gets hot?  I've considered trying to buy this card:
SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD/SD - 200MB/s - 256GB it's a little bit faster;  200 MB/s read
and 140 MB/s write.  Will it help?
HELP :(

Edit: allowed myself to tag a few forum members who I'm pretty sure have experience with Instacam:  @EMA , @Forwardnbak , @WILSONEUC , @WheelGoodTime , @Ronin Ryder , @Ben Hatfield ;)

Edited by Robse
Added person tags ;-)

8 hours ago, Robse said:

Has anyone here had memory speed issues on their Insta360 X2 camera?  
I have an X2, and in addition a Sandisk Extreme 256GB SD card, with specs:
UHS-I U Class 3, Video Class V30, Write speed 130 MB/s, Read speed 190 MB/s
Completely in line with what Insta itself recommends.  It has worked fine
for 1/2 year.   But now it's teasing.  I'm on a trip and click the start record
button.  The camera starts and i swing the selfiet stick backwards, riding along
in the belief that everything is fine.  Suddenly I hear a sound from the camera,
i swing it forward and in a split second manage to read "recording stopped,
card speed is to slow". Wtf? :wacko: 
And then the circus begins.  I can start the recording and wait... 20 seconds,
then it turns off again.  Or it continues until I interrupt myself... but not every time,
It's completely random and not to be trusted.  It is not because the camera gets
particularly hot, but it is clearly warmer now than it was last winter.  I have tried
deleting the sd card.  Formatting it, also the long-low-level one, and also let the camera
format itself.... I thought that was the solution as it worked fine right after... and
then 20 minutes later it didn't anyway.  I do not know what to do.  Camera runs latest
firmware.  Can a sd card lose speed over time? or does performance deteriorate when the
card gets hot?  I've considered trying to buy this card:
SanDisk Extreme Pro microSD/SD - 200MB/s - 256GB it's a little bit faster;  200 MB/s read
and 140 MB/s write.  Will it help?
HELP :(

Edit: allowed myself to tag a few forum members who I'm pretty sure have experience with Instacam:  @EMA , @Forwardnbak , @WILSONEUC , @WheelGoodTime , @Ronin Ryder , @Ben Hatfield ;)

Every FKN roll!! 

I loose so much footage (my best I’m sure)

i gave up using it due to this issue.

Forums are full of same issues, I’ve reached out to Insta and you need to send it back $$$ to be checked/repaired.

It is not good.

I have found it occurs mostly when the cam is hot.

It has been suggested that this error is actually the camera overheating and they have used this error to cover themselves? 

I found if you power the camera down and back up again it may work for a little.

if you let it cool it seems to work again.

it is a real behind the scenes frustration as you never know mid roll when it stopped. 
so many times i have had to re do sections because of it.

it is mostly why I upgraded to the X3

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Every FKN roll!! 

I loose so much footage (my best I’m sure)

i gave up using it due to this issue.

Forums are full of same issues, I’ve reached out to Insta and you need to send it back $$$ to be checked/repaired.

It is not good.

I have found it occurs mostly when the cam is hot.

It has been suggested that this error is actually the camera overheating and they have used this error to cover themselves? 

I found if you power the camera down and back up again it may work for a little.

if you let it cool it seems to work again.

it is a real behind the scenes frustration as you never know mid roll when it stopped. 
so many times i have had to re do sections because of it.

it is mostly why I upgraded to the X3

What SD card did u use?    My Camera made this error one time, and it was cold; was skiing, 3300 m above sea and temp -12c     I noticed that the error is more likely to appear when camera is in back of person (= no cooling wind) than front, but i still hope that maybe the faster card could solve the problem... sigh :mellow: