Got my King Song KS-18S today!

eddiemoy

Update... I've had issues transitioning from standing to sitting... no issues going from sitting to standing...  A few days back I took a step back in riding while seated.  Felt so unsteady, then I watched this video from Citi Wheel:

What I noticed is that he sits on one cheek.  That made sense to me, I've been trying to sit in the middle which caused my instability.  I tried it today to sit on one side, my left cheek and I was really stable!  I also practiced going from standing to sitting and it clicked!  Love my KS-18S!!  So comfortable in the seated position now that I learned to sit on one cheek!  LMAO

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Update... I've had issues transitioning from standing to sitting... no issues going from sitting to standing...  A few days back I took a step back in riding while seated.  Felt so unsteady, then I watched this video from Citi Wheel:

What I noticed is that he sits on one cheek.  That made sense to me, I've been trying to sit in the middle which caused my instability.  I tried it today to sit on one side, my left cheek and I was really stable!  I also practiced going from standing to sitting and it clicked!  Love my KS-18S!!  So comfortable in the seated position now that I learned to sit on one cheek!  LMAO

(FYI, that's me.) 

That's what I meant about sliding. For turns, you alternate cheeks; for the deepest turns I almost sit on the corners. You also gain more directional control having one cheek / leg more forward, the other more back, instead of having both legs / body torso being perfectly perpendicular.

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

(FYI, that's me.) 

That's what I meant about sliding. For turns, you alternate cheeks; for the deepest turns I almost sit on the corners. You also gain more directional control having one cheek / leg more forward, the other more back, instead of having both legs / body torso being perfectly perpendicular.

Thanks for the indirect lesson!  It really helped!  I just need to now learn to go backwards, standing on the KS18S.  I wasn't able to do it before because of the reduce maneuverability.  Not sure if I'll be comfortable trying reverse sitting too...  Not there yet, need to get over fear.  LOL

I might be able to join you guys for the 19th if it is early enough.  

I notice your seat is cracked.

24 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Thanks for the indirect lesson!  It really helped!  I just need to now learn to go backwards, standing on the KS18S.  I wasn't able to do it before because of the reduce maneuverability.  Not sure if I'll be comfortable trying reverse sitting too...  Not there yet, need to get over fear.  LOL

I might be able to join you guys for the 19th if it is early enough.  

That's awesome, glad it helped! :lol:

Hopefully that vid will dispel the myth that you can't be agile while riding seated, not to mention on the "least agile", biggest EUC on the market.

Can't imagine reverse sitting though!, no practical implications... (although would make for an interesting YouTube video~)

Learning to reverse standing will probably be easier to get the initial feel down on your smaller circular EUCs as opposed to the tall KS18S.

Using butt lean with your heels leaning on the back lips of your pedals is key, especially snapping from forward to back; and like all EUC movement should ideally be, your upper body torso is always the first to choreograph the movement, while the lower body follows in delay. Also, let the wheel S curve when attempting backward in the beginning, instead of trying to keep it in a straight line.

This all helped me when first getting the feel to reversing. Now, I just need to learn how to look back while reversing *smh :ph34r: (then learn seamless, 180º transition spin-into-reversing, like Ian of SpeedyFeetUK and CitiWheel / @logos122 can do)

And yeah, keep meaning to throw up an FB invite for the 19th, but would great to get a big group ride going for the end of Summer Streets, hope to see you there!

16 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

That's awesome, glad it helped! :lol:

Hopefully that vid will dispel the myth that you can't be agile while riding seated, not to mention on the "least agile", biggest EUC on the market.

Can't imagine reverse sitting though!, no practical implications... (although would make for an interesting YouTube video~)

Learning to reverse standing will probably be easier to get the initial feel down on your smaller circular EUCs as opposed to the tall KS18S.

Using butt lean with your heels leaning on the back lips of your pedals is key, especially snapping from forward to back; and like all EUC movement should ideally be, your upper body torso is always the first to choreograph the movement, while the lower body follows in delay. Also, let the wheel S curve when attempting backward in the beginning, instead of trying to keep it in a straight line.

This all helped me when first getting the feel to reversing. Now, I just need to learn how to look back while reversing *smh :ph34r: (then learn seamless, 180º transition spin-into-reversing, like Ian of SpeedyFeetUK and CitiWheel / @logos122 can do)

And yeah, keep meaning to throw up an FB invite for the 19th, but would great to get a big group ride going for the end of Summer Streets, hope to see you there!

Ian from speedyfeet is a natural. He was able to ride seated in reverse on the Msuper seat video without practice.  I also want to learn the 180 trick.  It is on my todo list.  After I learn the manual unicycle.  lol

Do you guys miss the trolley handle from the 18s? It's the one thing that's still making me hesitate on the bigger wheels. I use the handle on the KS16 a LOT because I ride around downtown areas a lot and often end up in stores or malls or whatever.

39 minutes ago, enigma35 said:

Do you guys miss the trolley handle from the 18s? It's the one thing that's still making me hesitate on the bigger wheels. I use the handle on the KS16 a LOT because I ride around downtown areas a lot and often end up in stores or malls or whatever.

I find the KS-18S comfortable to walk with, even without the trolley handle. But I am not that tall. (1m68)

I also never owned a wheel with a trolley handle. My ohter wheel is a Ninebot One E+. There it is really annoying to walk next to the wheel...

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

One of the first mods on my old KS18A was this:

0VDHSoq.jpg

mEIUmKP.jpg

Pictures of my new black 18S with all mods will follow :-)

Can you provide some guide on how to add the trolley handle?  Also where did you get that one to fit the KS18S?  

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Can you provide some guide on how to add the trolley handle?  Also where did you get that one to fit the KS18S?  

Search for "Allit trolley" on ebay...21 Euro

ZtlIBUx.jpg

It is a bit of handicraft...get rid of the wheels...and the rest you should get from my photos, 2 screws below, rubberband above, ready...

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@eddiemoy got the last one i'm ordering for awhile. does this look like ur serial number, kinda hard to tell if it's a 18a or 18s?

IMG_4554.JPG

Its a 18S...they use old boxes

you see if its a 18s or a 18a on the sidepad(sports=18S)

serialnumber says also 18s

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Its a 18S...they use old boxes

you see if its a 18s or a 18a on the sidepad(sports=18S)

serialnumber says also 18s

I like that they put the complete address of the Kingsong company on the sticker along with warning not to overlean.

yeah mine has lg batteries too. idk if they are better or worse than sanyo/panasonic but i seem to be jinxed with panasonic products so lg is better for me. and of couse, Bob my dog and Star my cat are fascinated, they are sure they are toys for them. that ks-18 seat would last about 5 seconds if not under lock and key.

IMG_4556.JPG

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

@KingSong69 thanks. now i gotta re-install the batteries. my vendor took them out and shipped separately to either save money, time or following the rules.

rocketwheel on aliexpress?  rules for shipping to the US...  love the white!  enjoy your wheel!  I love mine!  

@eddiemoy yes, rockwheel, good communication, hopefully putting the battery packs back in will be no big deal. my gameplan changes hourly, and even though it's gonna be a lot of extra work, i'm gonna try to learn on all three until it's readily apparent, which wheel is the easiest to learn on from a 63 yr old euc virgin. they all look like very nice pieces of equipment. anybody wanna guess what settings are best, pls lmk.

35 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@eddiemoy yes, rockwheel, good communication, hopefully putting the battery packs back in will be no big deal. my gameplan changes hourly, and even though it's gonna be a lot of extra work, i'm gonna try to learn on all three until it's readily apparent, which wheel is the easiest to learn on from a 63 yr old euc virgin. they all look like very nice pieces of equipment. anybody wanna guess what settings are best, pls lmk.

he has even made a documentation on Fb how he uninstalled the batteries...and put stickers on each wire, which wire has to be put where....should be easy.

Archived