Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware

Acturbo

I should be good to go.  Heat index is crazy at 110-115 but as long as we keep it moving shouldn't be all that bad.....................................

3 hours ago, Acturbo said:

I should be good to go.  Heat index is crazy at 110-115 but as long as we keep it moving shouldn't be all that bad.....................................

“While no known land animal can live permanently at a temperature over 50°C, Sahara desert ants can sustain a body temperature well above 50 °C (122 °F) with surface temperatures of up to 70 °C (178 °F). Despite this, if out in the open, they must keep moving or else they will fry.”

Sahara Desert Ant

9 hours ago, jas3 said:

We are going to meet near the Temple/St. Joe's boathouses, which has free parking... then head upriver to the head of the Wisahickon trai

John, I will meet you at the FALLS (start of Wissahickon Trail) waiting in the shade. No reason for me to ride to the starting point. I put my wheel back together literally with duck tape and will test it's road worthiness tomorrow (Friday). I will be wearing my Pebble watch and keeping a sharp eye on wheel temperature. 

• Like 1

Jerome-

My guess is that with a 12PM meet we'll roll out around 12:15, or 12:30 at the latest.  Glydiators has a group on the Telegram App.  It has a live location feature that I'm sure at least a half dozen of us will activate.  Feel free to check it out, you'll be able to see where we are on the route.  Seeya Saturday!

t.me/DMVGlydiators

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jerome said:

John, I will meet you at the FALLS (start of Wissahickon Trail) waiting in the shade. No reason for me to ride to the starting point. I put my wheel back together literally with duck tape and will test it's road worthiness tomorrow (Friday). I will be wearing my Pebble watch and keeping a sharp eye on wheel temperature. 

Oh no, what happened to the wheel?  

3 hours ago, Acturbo said:

Oh no, what happened to the wheel?  

No worries, it happen 4 months after I got it last year. My only really crash where the wheel went flying into the air and came down breaking the poorly designed and implemented screw holders on the inner case of the KS18L. There "were" enough good screws to hold the case together. In taking it apart to replace the circuit board several other holders broke off or already had broken. One side of the wheel has 'no' screws holding the shell so I had to duct tape it. The only solution is to dismantle the entire wheel and replace the inner shells.  I will live with the transparent duct tape for now. 

A bigger problem is replacing the controller board has made me seem like a new rider. I can't go over 12 mph, for xx miles. Then I have to do another 125-150 miles to get full speed. The App is calling my wheel an illegal product. :cry2:

Been meaning to check that out. This happens more often then you would think, i get so exited for something that i mess up the date

9 hours ago, jas3 said:

Great ride today, everybody. See you next time down in DC.  

Had an awesome time and great meeting everyone. For those who decided to stay indoors in the ac due to the heat, you missed out! We barely overheated as we were moving the entire time.

Thanks guys for putting this together!

Edited by HarpMudd

Fantastic group ride today. Pedestrians stayed indoors so we had miles and miles of bike paths to ourselves. The heat for me was not a factor and I wore my MC jacket as always. The rider's were great people and a joy to be around. I hope anyone in or around Philly/SNJ/Del with an EUC will join this forum and dialog.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Congrats to our very own ACTURBO - Chris!! :thumbup: He was part of the 105+ mile group ride by the Glydiators of DC. We are not worthy. When I grow up I want to be just like Crhis. :cheers: Cool running man.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...