Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware

Acturbo

7 hours ago, Bvoland said:

You did awesome. I like how you put the Relive ride with the pics in there. Great day!

Kids were at my parents and wife on her girls night out.  So I was editing. Didn’t do it alone. Have to give credit to the half bottle of bourbon. 

22 hours ago, Bvoland said:

You did awesome. I like how you put the Relive ride with the pics in there. Great day!

Great job! Still hard to believe you have only ridden for a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jeff Shriner said:

I just bought a Kingsong S18 and also ride a 1,000 watt ebike. I live near Valley Forge and am looking for folks to ride with.

Jeffshriner@verizon.net

Oh boy, Jeff I think we used to fly PPG together back in the day!!!  I'm Igor, do you remember me?

• 5 weeks later...

I ran into Jeff today on his ebike on the SRT. His KS S18 arrives in a few days. Also ran into another EUCer named Justin Hicks who has a 16” Inmotion.

The 3 of us rode for a bit, which reminded me that I need to stop solo riding all the time and get out with y’all.

Please ping be before your next ride. Did 40.2 miles today, and my calves feel it!

11 hours ago, jas3 said:

I ran into Jeff today on his ebike on the SRT. His KS S18 arrives in a few days. Also ran into another EUCer named Justin Hicks who has a 16” Inmotion.

The 3 of us rode for a bit, which reminded me that I need to stop solo riding all the time and get out with y’all.

Please ping be before your next ride. Did 40.2 miles today, and my calves feel it!

We are planning a group ride this weekend on the SRT. We plan to leave from the Valley Forge visitor center and ride into Philly. We will be posting more details with date and time hope you can make it. 

1 hour ago, Bvoland said:

We are planning a group ride this weekend on the SRT. We plan to leave from the Valley Forge visitor center and ride into Philly. We will be posting more details with date and time hope you can make it. 

I am interested!!!

On 7/31/2020 at 7:35 AM, Jeff Shriner said:

I just bought a Kingsong S18 and also ride a 1,000 watt ebike. I live near Valley Forge and am looking for folks to ride with.

Jeffshriner@verizon.net

@Albatross; @Jerome; @jas3; @Jeff ShrinerWe are planning a group ride this Saturday 9/5. We will be meeting at the Valley Forge Visitor Center and riding the SRT into Philly and back. We plan to meet at 9:30 am. If others would like to join along the way just let us know and we will coordinate a time to meet you on the way. We hope to see you there.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 1:09 PM, Bvoland said:

@Albatross; @Jerome; @jas3; @Jeff ShrinerWe are planning a group ride this Saturday 9/5. We will be meeting at the Valley Forge Visitor Center and riding the SRT into Philly and back. We plan to meet at 9:30 am. If others would like to join along the way just let us know and we will coordinate a time to meet you on the way. We hope to see you there.

It will be tight, but I may be able to wait for you guys at the Falls, then ride to Whole Foods or ??.  and back to the Falls where I would break off for home. I hope it works out. I will be on my KS18L.

Edited by Jerome

9 minutes ago, Jerome said:

It will be tight, but I may be able to wait for you guys at the Falls, then ride to Whole Foods or ??.  and back to the Falls where I would break off for home. I hope it works out. I will be on my KS18L.

We hope you can make it Igor and his son Landen  will be do the ride and I also heard back from Jeff. We may have some other surprise EUC riders join us that have yet to respond which would be great!. We will be on the look out for you.

2 hours ago, Bvoland said:

We hope you can make it Igor and his son Landen  will be do the ride and I also heard back from Jeff. We may have some other surprise EUC riders join us that have yet to respond which would be great!. We will be on the look out for you.

I got a rapid charger this time for my Tesla, but my son doesn’t for his ACM. We might go for a part of the ride with you guys and then turn back, depending on our charges. Would love to go all the way and back, but I think his ACM will only take him like 20 some miles. 

22 hours ago, Jerome said:

My KS-18XL and I are *IN*.  Looking forward to seeing everybody, esp. you, Jerome!  Been too long.

I think Justin Hicks will also be joining us.

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

Awesome day today. Great ride with some great gentlemen. 

I have a lot of footage to go through on my insta360, but here’s a short relive video from today. 

It was a great day and really enjoyed getting to know and ride with everyone. Nice job on the video I uploaded my relive video so you can view it and will send you the GoPro video once complete. Your son did awesome and I am sure you are a proud dad. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Like 1

What a great outing - congratulations!  I completely missed the notice of your July ride and didn't think I was up to the early start or distance of this one, but as I see from this video, your son's a trooper, and he puts me to shame.

After watching, I found the link to your ride in Tyler, that's a great park and nearby for me. I ride Tyler every few days, typically doing between 10 and 15 miles. Trails around it include a couple of schools with paths and parking areas that are excellent for practice. Anytime you get back up this way I'd be keen to join you for the ride.  Heading out there now, the weather could not be nicer. Have a lovely holiday weekend.

54 minutes ago, Lylesgold said:

What a great outing - congratulations!  I completely missed the notice of your July ride and didn't think I was up to the early start or distance of this one, but as I see from this video, your son's a trooper, and he puts me to shame.

After watching, I found the link to your ride in Tyler, that's a great park and nearby for me. I ride Tyler every few days, typically doing between 10 and 15 miles. Trails around it include a couple of schools with paths and parking areas that are excellent for practice. Anytime you get back up this way I'd be keen to join you for the ride.  Heading out there now, the weather could not be nicer. Have a lovely holiday weekend.

We live in Huntingdon Valley. Tyler park is 15-20 minutes away from us. Let us know when you want to ride or if you need some pointers. 

Going to ride at Peace Valley Park today. Probably going to get there around 12. I heard there is a nice paved 6 mile loop and some off road trails, around 14 miles in total.  Going to be riding with my son and another kid we taught how to ride. EUCs on this ride will be a Tesla, an ACM and a V5f+. All welcome to join us.  The park is not far from Doylestown, I’m driving about an hour to get there. Google Peace Valley Park and come join us!!!

2 hours ago, Lylesgold said:

Thanks for the advice. Heading out now, hoping to meetup.  I will aim for the nearest parking lot - the South East I guess, then start wheeling at noon, doing the circuit clockwise looking for your group.

Sorry bud, that post was from a few days ago. My first time at Peace Valley Park. A really cool place to for a ride. 

No worries. My mistake for not checking the forum regularly and for not knowing what day of the week it is - groan, a consequence of retirement... I had a good outing anyway and visited most of the parking lots, so clocked about 16 miles.

In case you don't know of it there's another good ride in the Doylestown area, Central Park. It's a smaller park, but the trails are hilly and winding, they connect up on good paved cycle trails to DelValU, to New Britain Rail Station and run alongside Rt 202 for miles.

Nice work on the video. Hope to meet up on your next ride in the area.

Hi, fairly new member here in the area with an MCM5. Got the basics down and starting to do group rides now that I can ride farther distances and control the ride enough. May have seen some of you on the FB Philly Group already (same name here and there).