Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware

Acturbo

On 6/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, PennBruce said:

The Park Service permits eBikes on the trails.  I've stopped and talked with a ranger and he didn't raise an issue with the EUC.

Weekdays would be best as the trail has heavy usage in some sections on weekends.

The next decent weekday I am heading down to Philadelphia to ride the Schuylkill River trail.  

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

I am the buddy that rides with HarpMudd. We rode the Schuylkill River Trail on 7/2 from Valley Forge National Park into Philly and back nice ride about 42 miles. I may do it again tomorrow or he mentioned you had a couple areas out your way I believe the Delaware Water Gap National Park and the McDade trail. I plan to go riding tomorrow and would enjoy company HarpMudd is visiting his folks over the 4th of July weekend. Let me know if you are able to get out tomorrow I know it is tough with the 4th of July weekend I am heading to CT tomorrow night so looking to get in a morning ride.  

1 hour ago, Bvoland said:

I plan to go riding tomorrow and would enjoy company HarpMudd is visiting his folks over the 4th of July weekend. Let me know if you are able to get out tomorrow I know it is tough with the 4th of July weekend I am heading to CT tomorrow night so looking to get in a morning ride.  

Thanks for the invite.  The Schuylkill River Trail is on my list for this summer.  However, I am two and a half hours north of Philly so it takes a bit of planning.

You could come up ride the McDade trail and then continue into Connecticut on I84.

Bruce

49 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

Thanks for the invite.  The Schuylkill River Trail is on my list for this summer.  However, I am two and a half hours north of Philly so it takes a bit of planning.

You could come up ride the McDade trail and then continue into Connecticut on I84.

Bruce

Oh, sorry about that did not realize such a hike. Let HarpMudd or I know when you plan to head out this way and we will try to set up a group ride. Thanks for the advice on McDade trail. 

Happy riding.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to get a group ride together for this weekend 7/18 if the weather is nice. I was planning to start from Valley Forge visitor center and ride into Philly on the Schuylkill River Trail. If others are along the trail we can meet you at various points along the way. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will definitely be making the ride and would enjoy having a group of EUC riders join. 

Hope to see you on Saturday.

Edited by Bvoland
Wrong date

On 11/7/2019 at 1:19 PM, iEatRice said:

I'm so surprised how more EUC riders in Philly than I thought. I've been riding EUC since 2014 and until today I only saw 2 people riding it lol. I'm trying to convince people around me join the EUC world. Don't wanna be the solo rider. I'll certainly join the next group meet if possible.  

I am trying to get a group ride together on Saturday 7/18 morning 9'30 riding the Schuylkill River Trail leaving from Valley Forge Visitor Center. Let me know if you can make it.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, Lylesgold said:

I'm in Newtown Bucks county, a bit north of Philly. Have a V8 and K16x, and would really like to find out about other riders in the area and perhaps occasionally join in group rides.

Just wanted to let you know that I will be watching to see if you manage to form some kind of group/noticeboard for the greater Philly area and am interested in joining.

I am planning a group ride on Saturday 7/18 we are planning to meet at 9:30 at the Valley Forge Visitor Center and ride the Schuylkill River Trail into Philly. Let me know if you can make it.

Hope to see you there.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, Acturbo said:

Last minute I know but I'll be at SRT tomorrow(Saturday). Probably start at boat race parking right off Kelly drive. If anyone is interested let me know. 9am ish

I am trying to get a group ride together for this weekend 7/18 if the weather is nice. I was planning to start from Valley Forge visitor center at 9:30am and ride into Philly on the Schuylkill River Trail. If others are along the trail we can meet you at various points along the way. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will definitely be making the ride and would enjoy having a group of EUC riders join. 

Hope to see you on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Bvoland said:

I am trying to get a group ride together for this weekend 7/18 if the weather is nice. I was planning to start from Valley Forge visitor center and ride into Philly on the Schuylkill River Trail. If others are along the trail we can meet you at various points along the way. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will definitely be making the ride and would enjoy having a group of EUC riders join. 

Just posted it on the Philadelphia EUC Group

6 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Great! Thanks I also sent directly to three people that I saw ride the trail. I also sent to my buddy HarpMudd with the 16X. 

19 hours ago, Bvoland said:

I rode the Schuylkill River Trail this past Tuesday.  I started in Plymouth Meeting on the Cross County Trail.  The Art Museum is a real treat to see as you approach it from the river trail.

In Manayunk you leave the trail and turn left on Lock Street and then turn right on Main Street for 3/4 mile. You pick the trail up again across the Wissahickon River bridge.

Have fun.

Bruce

4 hours ago, PennBruce said:

I rode the Schuylkill River Trail this past Tuesday.  I started in Plymouth Meeting on the Cross County Trail.  The Art Museum is a real treat to see as you approach it from the river trail.

In Manayunk you leave the trail and turn left on Lock Street and then turn right on Main Street for 3/4 mile. You pick the trail up again across the Wissahickon River bridge.

Have fun.

Bruce

Thanks for the information I will have to get out your way and ride the McDade Trail or the Water Gap National Park. I am looking forward to the ride hopefully have a nice group. 

If weather holds I will meet you/group at the Norristown Transportation Center or the Falls Bridge in Philly. Both are directly on the SRT to the Art Museum. I have a KS18L and weigh 240 lbs so I have range problems. I might decide to ride my e-bike if that is okay?

4 hours ago, Jerome said:

If weather holds I will meet you/group at the Norristown Transportation Center or the Falls Bridge in Philly. Both are directly on the SRT to the Art Museum. I have a KS18L and weigh 240 lbs so I have range problems. I might decide to ride my e-bike if that is okay?

That sounds great we will plan to leave from Valley Forge around 9:30. I will check the distance and timing to get to the Falls Bridge and let you know when to expect us. Looking forward to meeting you and enjoying the ride. The weather is suppose to be nice but a little warm.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, Albatross said:

I just received response from Jerome he is going to join us at the Norristown Transportation Center or Falls Bridge. I will look up the distance and let him know when to expect us. I sent text to Mike aka HarpMudd to see if he will be able to make it will let you know.

8 minutes ago, Bvoland said:

I will meet you in the new visitor center parking lot on the right. See you at 9:30.

I will riding from Philly up the trail. I will go as far as Conshohocken and wait. It's a little too hot for this old feller to wear EUC garb, so I will be on a E-bike. See you old the trail.

23 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I will riding from Philly up the trail. I will go as far as Conshohocken and wait. It's a little too hot for this old feller to wear EUC garb, so I will be on a E-bike. See you old the trail.

Okay, we will be EUC garbed up you will not miss us. Looking forward to meeting you. One of my buddies has ridden with you in the past goes by HarpMudd on the forum but I know him as Mike.

Great ride Bvoland and Albatross. I hope you got home okay Albatross? I "assume" you had not issues going back to your car BVoland? It was a 40 mile ride for me. Bvoland, you must have done 44-45? Great fun!

2 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Great ride Bvoland and Albatross. I hope you got home okay Albatross? I "assume" you had not issues going back to your car BVoland? It was a 40 mile ride for me. Bvoland, you must have done 44-45? Great fun!

Yeah, it was 47.8 mi the brewery was open on my way back so we must have been to early. It was an awesome time enjoy both of your company and I will definitely be doing again. I created a GoPro Video and also uploaded to Relive if you follow me you will be able to see all the rides. I am going to try and upload to you on your forum page if not if you give me and email address I will send them to you. Igor actually beat me back to the parking lot I did decide to have a pint at the brewery but it was hot.

Great day and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

9 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Got down to the train and found out that the next one was actually after 2. Couldn’t do that had to be home by a certain time. Ended up catching Uber to my car. The one who pays less pays twice. The Uber cost me as much as I paid for charger :)

This is the most fun I’ve had on an EUC so far. Thank you guys. Hope we can do it again. 

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

Got down to the train and found out that the next one was actually after 2. Couldn’t do that had to be home by a certain time. Ended up catching Uber to my car. The one who pays less pays twice. The Uber cost me as much as I paid for charger :)

This is the most fun I’ve had on an EUC so far. Thank you guys. Hope we can do it again. 

Ah that stinks I wish you could have made the ride back with me. The brewery was open we could of had a pint together don't worry I had one for you. It was an awesome time enjoy meeting you and Jerome and we definitely will have to do it again. I found you business card on my window when I got back to the car so I sent you and email to the address on the card with the video I made from they GoPro. I also followed you on Relive so you can watch that video and show your son. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Like 1