Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware

Acturbo

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so surprised how more EUC riders in Philly than I thought. I've been riding EUC since 2014 and until today I only saw 2 people riding it lol. I'm trying to convince people around me join the EUC world. Don't wanna be the solo rider. I'll certainly join the next group meet if possible.  

There are about a dozen riders from Philly and suburbs, but not all of them visit the forums regularly so it’s hard to pull everyone together to ride. You have to ping everyone consistently through any means possible to make it happen. @jas3 any word on pulling together the Philly chapter of the Glydiators? I think it would help if everyone was pulled into a telegram group?

I'm in Newtown Bucks county, a bit north of Philly. Have a V8 and K16x, and would really like to find out about other riders in the area and perhaps occasionally join in group rides.

Just wanted to let you know that I will be watching to see if you manage to form some kind of group/noticeboard for the greater Philly area and am interested in joining.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm super interested in EVU's. I've seen people ride them and I'm almost completely sold. Here are my thoughts.

I live in a city and am unable to get a drivers license.

EVU's seem to have the best range for the size.

I have some medical issues that might prove the idea of an EVU is a deadend. I've fractured my left femur (11 years ago) and am missing muscle on the outside of my left leg. This means a I have a 30% reduction in the reach and strength of my leg to push outward from my left side.

I would really love to feel how the ride effects my leg before investing.  What are my options?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pico Zane said:

I'm super interested in EVU's. I've seen people ride them and I'm almost completely sold. Here are my thoughts.

I live in a city and am unable to get a drivers license.

EVU's seem to have the best range for the size.

I have some medical issues that might prove the idea of an EVU is a deadend. I've fractured my left femur (11 years ago) and am missing muscle on the outside of my left leg. This means a I have a 30% reduction in the reach and strength of my leg to push outward from my left side.

I would really love to feel how the ride effects my leg before investing.  What are my options?

We offer EUC learning sessions in Philly. We can offer you a free trial session to try on EUC. If you’re interested pls follow us on instagram “ElectricUnicycles_philly” and DM for details. Thanks 

1 hour ago, iEatRice said:

We offer EUC learning sessions in Philly. We can offer you a free trial session to try on EUC. If you’re interested pls follow us on instagram “ElectricUnicycles_philly” and DM for details. Thanks 

I'm not allowed to DM yet and I don't use instagram.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anyone here have I nikola I can't try out? I love my 16x but wouldn't mind some extra speed. 

Also if anyone is interested I've started a meals on (wheel) initiative in Philadelphia and have fed and hydrated at least 75 people in philadelphia so far, so let me know if youd like to get involved in helping people out in Philadelphia. I dont mind funding meals out of pocket and have started fund raising through instagram already, so there would be no cost for helping unless you want! Just need extra body's to be able to give more, and water is heavy.

• 1 month later...

once again guys join "philly euc group" on facebook and let me know if anyone wants to be an admin!! weve got like 4 members at the moment?

On 11/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, Lylesgold said:

I'm in Newtown Bucks county, a bit north of Philly. Have a V8 and K16x, and would really like to find out about other riders in the area and perhaps occasionally join in group rides.

Just wanted to let you know that I will be watching to see if you manage to form some kind of group/noticeboard for the greater Philly area and am interested in joining.

Hey, I’m in Huntingdon Valley, still learning but will be looking to get together with people for rides around here soon. Hit me up on this forum if anyone wants to organize anything in Philly area. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You folks should come up to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Park and ride the McDade trail. 

NPS_delaware-water-gap-mcdade-trail-map.thumb.jpg.c1412d6ee8c1159e76cd970e26c38227.jpg1852040786_MaDadeTrail-EndofBikePath.thumb.jpg.26c2bdbe8bc5ecdbe7973a77a68c7fbc.jpg

28 miles of the trail is open for bikes.

Bruce

Edited by PennBruce

31 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

You folks should come up to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Park and ride the McDade trail. 

NPS_delaware-water-gap-mcdade-trail-map.thumb.jpg.c1412d6ee8c1159e76cd970e26c38227.jpg1852040786_MaDadeTrail-EndofBikePath.thumb.jpg.26c2bdbe8bc5ecdbe7973a77a68c7fbc.jpg

28 miles of the trail is open for bikes.

Bruce

Only an hour and a half away from me, looks interesting. I’m down to get a ride together. 

14 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Only an hour and a half away from me, looks interesting. I’m down to get a ride together. 

Great, Let me know and I'll help coordinate on this end.

Bruce

Did my longest ride today, 11 miles.  Unlike the v8f, had no wobbling issues or major foot and leg fatigue. 

About half way through, on my way back, had a crazy old man with his shirt off, run in front of me and block my way. When I stopped he proceeded to scream at me that he will call the cops and that I am not allowed in the park and he is not going to let me fuck up his park. After I politely explained I him that it is also my park, as I live in the township and that I see e-bikes on that trail all the time, he just wouldn’t stop screaming.  I got back on the Tesla and took off. 

When I got back to the begging of the trail, where I started, there was a cop sitting in his cruiser, right between the parking lot and the entrance to the trail, talking to some cyclists. When I rode past them, one of the cyclists pointed at me and yelled wow, that’s really cool. The cop looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. 

I rode up to my car. Put the wheel and my gear away, came up where the cop was and took the picture of the map of the trail. I was relieved that he wasn’t there for me lol. 

Overall a kick ass ride, looking forward to many more. So happy I found EUCs.

1B419CA4-BDC6-408E-BA80-0FF0CC8A1900.png

0879DB94-800C-4D12-9128-22D5FC1CDE5F.jpeg

@Albatrossyou have lots of interesting trails in your neighborhood.  The Schuylkill River Trail looks interesting.  

You did good to average 17 mph on a gravel surface.

Bruce

22 minutes ago, PennBruce said:

@Albatrossyou have lots of interesting trails in your neighborhood.  The Schuylkill River Trail looks interesting.  

You did good to average 17 mph on a gravel surface.

Bruce

Absolutely loved this ride, can’t wait for the next one. Just found out that kids got invited to a birthday party at core creek park tomorrow. I know there some trails there. :) 

Hey guys, I'm def up for hopping in the car to head up to a new trail - I usually ride local with a buddy of mine. 

I've ridden the Schuylkill River Trail many times which is popular because it rides right into Philly. I know Pennypack Park, but have never ridden the trail, looks like a cool option. I'd also be up for checking out the McDade trail.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

Hey guys, I'm def up for hopping in the car to head up to a new trail - I usually ride local with a buddy of mine. 

I've ridden the Schuylkill River Trail many times which is popular because it rides right into Philly. I know Pennypack Park, but have never ridden the trail, looks like a cool option. I'd also be up for checking out the McDade trail.

I just looked up McDade trail. Looks super cool. However it also says no motorized vehicles allowed. How does that work for EUCs in Pennsylvania?

3 hours ago, Albatross said:

I just looked up McDade trail. Looks super cool. However it also says no motorized vehicles allowed. How does that work for EUCs in Pennsylvania?

The Park Service permits eBikes on the trails.  I've stopped and talked with a ranger and he didn't raise an issue with the EUC.

Weekdays would be best as the trail has heavy usage in some sections on weekends.

The next decent weekday I am heading down to Philadelphia to ride the Schuylkill River trail.  

Bruce