How many of you have Roombas?

meepmeepmayer

Roomba poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Roomba (or other similar robot vacuum cleaner)?

• Yes
    • No, and I'm not interested
    • No, but I'm interested

I noticed a lot of Roombas in pictures of EUCs so maybe there is a connection? People who go for EUCs also go for Roombas (and vice versa)? Maybe these devices scratch the pet urge (some thing that reacts to you) but unlike pets they don't.. you know.. everywhere?

Both are circular electric devices with a battery that drive around audibly and beep at you to communicate. You can change where they go by using your feet;)

(technically this is EUC related, so hopefully this is the right forum)

I dont have a roomba, as i found them ridiculous expensive....but i got a chinese one :-) This:

http://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_603425.html?wid=21

after reading that it is as nearly as good as a roomba:

https://www.golem.de/news/ilife-v7s-im-test-guenstiger-china-roboter-saugt-fast-so-gut-wie-markengeraete-1608-122386.html

As we have 2 cats and a dog and mainly  tile's on the floor...thats a perfect solution.

It is running automatic all 2 days! My Girl friend was sceptic at first...but after just a week she ordered another  Ilife for the second floor :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have an iLife A4 Roombawannabe vacuum from Gearbest which is surprising good for what I paid for it.  I think it was around $150-200, and I didn't think it would last.  Yet it is still doing it's duty very well.  I am still amazed by the amount of dust that it picks up, and the floors just feel that much cleaner afterwards.  I also have the V7S which has the floor mopping (more just wet wiping) feature, but it only has one front sweeper arm so I prefer the A4. For about the $200 CDN mark, I highly recommend them.

10 hours ago, Jag_Rip said:

I got asked several times when people see my Ninebot E+ why I am carrying a roomba around with me.. I guess the joke stems from there B)

That's pretty funny, I would like a sticker on the side of my Ninebot that says roomba.  That would mess with peoples minds a bit.  "Oh Yeah, they vacuum the floor and you can ride them too!":lol:

On 15.2.2017 at 11:11 AM, KingSong69 said:

As we have 2 cats and a dog and mainly  tile's on the floor...thats a perfect solution.

Wait until one of your cats takes a leak outside of the litter box. Then you'll find out, whether your roomba knock-off really reaches all corners of your flat :clap3:

Archived