2016 US Presidential Election Betting Odds

John Eucist

21 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

One hour ago Trump had only about a 10% chance of winning (according to this page of integrated odds for all these betting sites) but now suddenly it's around 50%.  Pretty crazy sudden change in odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner

it's crazy....

conservative FOX NEWS is saying HILLARY WILL WIN

liberal CNN is saying TRUMP will win

..... the world is LITERALLY UPSIDE DOWN

as someone just said on TV, if TRUMP wins.... the POLLING INDUSTRY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISMANTLED

fascinating (and pretty damn scary) time to be alive

@John Eucist.... i would have given you a "reputation" but, i'm all out.... used to many

wish i could BUY some more... maybe you could make THAT an option :D

1 minute ago, John Eucist said:

Wow in just a few minutes now Trump is in the lead.

Truly incredible

Nothing like this has ever happened in modern times in any country.... 

How could so many people be so wrong

I think the fact that Trump kept his "CRAZY" to a minimum the past few weeks ancillaries increasing distrust amongst the American people has conspired against the Democrat in this presidential race

Could trump really be the next President of the United States?

Imagine the instability of the world markets as soon as that would be announced... Total chaos everywhere

16 minutes ago, Greg Spalding said:

it's crazy....

conservative FOX NEWS is saying HILLARY WILL WIN

liberal CNN is saying TRUMP will win

..... the world is LITERALLY UPSIDE DOWN

as someone just said on TV, if TRUMP wins.... the POLLING INDUSTRY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISMANTLED

fascinating (and pretty damn scary) time to be alive

@John Eucist.... i would have given you a "reputation" but, i'm all out.... used to many

wish i could BUY some more... maybe you could make THAT an option :D

It's not left vs right this time, it's people vs the large corporations and career politicians. Wikileaks documents show extreme collusion between almost all large media outlets and the Clinton campaign. Even on the republican side the Bush family and their neocon allies absolutely hate Trump, they went all in trying to help Hillary, their influence will be destroyed if he wins. Although Republicans are typically linked with big business, things have changed somewhat with Google. Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft being heavily involved with the democrats.

Still difficult to know if the resulting chaos will be worth it in the end, if he wins it will nearly be a democratic version of the french revolution.

1 hour ago, lizardmech said:

It's not left vs right this time, it's people vs the large corporations and career politicians. Wikileaks documents show extreme collusion between almost all large media outlets and the Clinton campaign. Even on the republican side the Bush family and their neocon allies absolutely hate Trump, they went all in trying to help Hillary, their influence will be destroyed if he wins. Although Republicans are typically linked with big business, things have changed somewhat with Google. Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft being heavily involved with the democrats.

Still difficult to know if the resulting chaos will be worth it in the end, if he wins it will nearly be a democratic version of the french revolution.

that is UNREAL

we are REELING here

in the end.... folks DISTRUSTED HER more than they DISLIKED HIM

I think maybe the US people might be confused for what they are voting for.  This isn't vote for who you think would be more interesting to watch on an US Government Reality TV show.  In any case, it should be interesting to see what President Business ends up doing...

2ad204438a.jpeg

Upside is more US hot chicks wanting to marry eligible Canadian bachelor citizens to escape their country!  :dribble:

To be honest, I think Trump simply had his team research for him what the people wanted to hear and he just went along with whatever those findings were for his campaign. I don't even think he actually personally believes half the things coming out of his own mouth. I highly doubt that he'll actually follow through with most of the stuff that he said he would do now that he has it in the bag.  Perhaps he'll manage to do less extreme versions of some.

What President Trump will surely do:

1. Eliminate estate tax.

2. Increase tax deduction on real estate.

3. Allow US to sell more military equipment to some questionable figures.

4. repeal Obama care, or "fix" it.

What he will not do is

1. bring jobs home. With about 4-5% unemployment rate now, there is really no need for that. Else, where to find enough good workers? I will buy more automation robot stocks just in case he will do it.

If he indeed carry out his campain promises, such as high tariffs, bring jobs to home etc. then there will be a big inflation in US. In that case, buy gold stocks, inflation  adjusted bonds. Avoid bonds or any fixed income stuff. This will be a bad news for retirees, who relies on fixed income funds more than others, and the shortage of ileagle immgrants to work for their care.

If he wins, buy defense stocks, as the world become less stable.

I remember being so proud when Obama walked on stage with his family about 8 years ago, tears  even. Just felt good on many levels.

After a gut wrenching unbelievable night I am now stunned,  shocked, and deeply worried about the state of a nation that elected such a person considering all he has said and done. History leaves clues. This makes me physically, mentally and spiritually sick.

I feel in the deepest part of my being that he is simply temperamentally unfit to be commander and chief!

I am worried for the USA and the world.

ukj

I used to think that to be a candidate for the US presidency that you had to be the cream of the crop.  A person of integrity, knowledge, bravery, wisdom, ethics and diplomacy.  The position normally requires someone you would be proud of as a role model and as a good representative for the citizens of the country.  No one expects a person to be perfect, but at least they should try to make an effort.  

It's a sign of the times when a wealthy businessman who appears to have some radical ideas and ethics gets elected to this position of power.  I just hope that the choices the new president makes are the best ones for their country and are ones that we can all live with in peace.

19 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Upside is more US hot chicks wanting to marry eligible Canadian bachelor citizens to escape their country!  :dribble:

One old chick headed your way! Good riddance Barbara Streisand!  :thumbup:

Just wow, America - what HAVE you done ?

Frankie Boyle tweeted it best, I thought...

"Maybe we'll appreciate life more knowing that we may disappear in a ball of incendiary light depending on some lunatic's blood sugar levels".

At least we can't say life's dull :) 

Good luck USA, good luck rest of world.

CBR

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Good luck USA, good luck rest of world.

CBR

We will be fine! ?

Saturday Night Live and Jimmy Fallon now have a HUGE amount of material to make us laugh :laughbounce2: if his policies turn into a disaster.

8 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw man... NooooOooooooooo  :shock2: send up some of those hot Victoria's Secret SupaModels!  :clap3:  You can keep Babs down south!

Not gonna happen! ! VIctoria Secret models worry about your country's lack of sexual harassment policies! They think the term 'Canadian Mountie' means a lewd sex act and will stay away :cry2:

Even I want to give Donald Trump a chance. But now I see he has made Chris Christie, the head of his transition team, so any hope that he might be making good decisions now that he was elected is gone for this man.

..... So sad and again I want to believe that he could do some great things, but this thing.... This selection.... Shows me he's just going to pay back his old buddies without any regard for this country

11 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

What borders on stupidity? Canada and Mexico! Oh wait, we're up for elections next year ... :pooping:

I understand That anarchy will reign in your country next year when Angela Merkel and all of her friends are kicked out of office

Maybe that isn't true

I suppose people want disorder in this world

If running an entire county is just like being on a popular reality TV show or operating a business empire then Trump might just be your man!  Why do I get the odd feeling though that you guys just voted for someone with no experience in government politics and who doesn't get along that well with others?  Isn't it a little like hiring the immature bully to be the head of your HR, financial, and security departments?

Trump does have good business acumen to survive several bankruptcies, but how well does that translate to making decisions regarding international diplomacy along with addressing national concerns appropriately?

In any case, it should make for a bucketload of entertaining politics and controversy in the future.  The country does look a little destabilized though with all the protesting.  I wonder what will happen when Kim Jong-un clashes heads with Trump...

@Greg Spalding

That`s hard to predict. I see strong parallels in Europe with people just being fed up and feeling entirely disconnected from the "political establishment" and their "political correctness", which appears to have been a major factor in Trumps favor. And I am worried, we may fall just as well for those "loud & simple answers". Wouldn't stop us from lecturing the planet, though :P:

beenthere.jpeg

In Spain we have one of the most corrupt political parties, the conservative Mariano Rajoy at the head of these mobsters and people have returned to vote mostly in 2 consecutive elections, something does not work, we need Charles Darwin and review Evolutions theorie, I wish you Luck to the Americans, because their luck is just a bit mine

2 hours ago, Tilmann said:

@Greg Spalding

That`s hard to predict. I see strong parallels in Europe with people just being fed up and feeling entirely disconnected from the "political establishment" and their "political correctness", which appears to have been a major factor in Trumps favor. And I am worried, we may fall just as well for those "loud & simple answers". Wouldn't stop us from lecturing the planet, though :P:

beenthere.jpeg

That is priceless... being jewish and someone who did have relatives affected by THE BIG "H" it means even more to me

You have a room I can rent?

Archived