WheelLog for Inmotion - Development

JumpMaster

My V8 after installing the app let me ride above 30 for sure. Daily I do short rides 2-5KM trips and with battery fully chargeg. mostly I ride from 28KM/h up to 33KM/h constant speed. My max speed I have menaged to do was 34.3KM/h but I dont want to push it harder as the tiltback-my possitionis is uncomfortable so I carry on with a speed which let me ride comfortably. At the beggining of testing is it possible to ride above 30 I was sccared a bit that I will fall but now I got use it and that max 35KM/h limit is just perfect for my jurneys so Yes we can ride above 30 constant speed for sure. just be carefull for what You do when riding above 30 and You will be fine.

last second is the ??flight time?? when it cut off on me at 29.7KM/h when I hit a drain...So Im off riding EUC for some time...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit- Woops, I missed a few pages of replies, so my comment may not be relevant. Will edit if the newer versions in the pages I missed work.

Whoa, nice! Pretty much nothing worked before, but on your version it's almost all functional!

I'm also getting the crash when trying to start logging. The app tried to restart, says logging started, then crashes again and has to be manually reopened.

There also seems to be a connection issue. I can connect fine (leaving password blank), but every 10 seconds or so the app pops up a 'connection lost at' with the current time. A few seconds later it starts working again, but ultimately repeats the cycle forever.

It seems like it may be a firmware thing, or part of the geoblocking. I haven't updated since I don't want the geoblocking work around to stop working. What firmwares are you guys running? Mine says 1.1.1009. And did you buy from official dealers?

10 hours ago, ramma said:

I'm also getting the crash when trying to start logging.

fixed

There also seems to be a connection issue. I can connect fine (leaving password blank)

you should fill the password (000000 by default)

Mine says 1.1.1009

the same. 

Thanks for the work on this app !

Is there a way to make it work on old Android release (4.1.x) ? I cannot install it on my 4 years old phone.

I use adb to send it to my phone, via usb (install from insecure sources + usb debug actived on the phone), with a command line like 'adb install WheeLog.apk', but the install never ends up :(

When copying the apk on the sdcard, Android refuses to install it...

Thanks for any help !

1 hour ago, pushf said:

Thanks for the work on this app !

Is there a way to make it work on old Android release (4.1.x) ? I cannot install it on my 4 years old phone.

I use adb to send it to my phone, via usb (install from insecure sources + usb debug actived on the phone), with a command line like 'adb install WheeLog.apk', but the install never ends up :(

When copying the apk on the sdcard, Android refuses to install it...

Thanks for any help !

Welcome!

Depends if your phone supports Bluetooth LE - Android 4.1.x should support it from what i googled.

You find the sources on https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid and you could try recompile them for 4.1 with https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

19 hours ago, Chriull said:

Welcome!

Depends if your phone supports Bluetooth LE - Android 4.1.x should support it from what i googled.

You find the sources on https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid and you could try recompile them for 4.1 with https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html

Chriull, thanks for your help !

My phone supports Bluetooth, (not sure for BtLE).

I'll get a try rebuilding WheelLogAndroid from sources with Android Studio.

7 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

It works fine on my old phone with 4.4.1, did you set "unknown sources" in phone settings?

Yes, I set 'unknown sources' and usb debug in the developer options settings. Android 4.4 is far more recent than my 4.1 ;)

Thanks Palachzzz for your help, and for the time you spend to develop/maintain this app !

• 3 months later...

Hello, thanks for the maintenance and upgrade of the application. I tried it with my V8 but no success. In case I missed something obvious, here are the details.

- test done with version 30082017_1-1 and 27092017

- on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S10, Android 6.0.1, installation OK

- I run WheelLog, enter the pin

- the wheel does a blipblip

- in the application, the logo looking like a wheel (top right corner of the app) become red 

- everything looks fine, BUT values in WheelLog are stuck to Zero.

If someone has an idea, it can be my xmass gift :-)

Thanks in advance for your lights (sorry if my english is so so)

3 hours ago, GS38 said:

Hello, thanks for the maintenance and upgrade of the application. I tried it with my V8 but no success. In case I missed something obvious, here are the details.

- test done with version 30082017_1-1 and 27092017

The newest version - also for inmotion can be found somewhere at the end of 

3 hours ago, GS38 said:

- on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S10, Android 6.0.1, installation OK

- I run WheelLog, enter the pin

- the wheel does a blipblip

- in the application, the logo looking like a wheel (top right corner of the app) become red 

- everything looks fine, BUT values in WheelLog are stuck to Zero.

If someone has an idea, it can be my xmass gift :-)

Thanks in advance for your lights (sorry if my english is so so)

Have you installed and run the official Inmotion app with your wheel. I very vaguely recall a long way back in this thread there being some mention of a some data communication between the wheel and official app that could fix wheellog communication issues. Report back. 

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to share my recent experience:

1. Bought my V8
  2. Installed InMotion app. It works fine. (I also changed the PIN code from 0s to something else)
  3. Installed WheelLog from the App Store. It wouldn't connect to the wheel. I uninstalled it.
  4. I downloaded WheelLog_26082017.apk, installed it and tested it. This time, it *did* connect but the data shown was all empty. I uninstalled it.
  5. I downloaded WheelLog_27092017.apk, installed it and tested it. I was able to connect again but same issue as before. I uninstalled it.
  6. I installed the same APK again to see if it anything would improve but not really.
  7. I tested my InMotion app again and it still works.

Some screenshots of step #6 and #7

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20180204-211322.png

Screenshot_20180204-211318.png

Screenshot_20180205-091647.png

Screenshot_20180205-091609.png

Screenshot_20180205-091604.png

FWIW, @WARPed1701D mentioned that others had some luck changing the volume of the speakers in the InMotion app. I tried that, and right after when i connected with the WheelLog app, i was able to see all the information show up in my screen. Yay!

Here's the link to the thread/comment where this was mentioned: 

• 10 months later...

Hi @palachzzz!

I tried your app on a Wear OS watch (i.e. Huawei Watch) forcing it through adb. It runs fine! Except of course interface layout (some things go out of the screen, other you need a microscope to see them :-P). I have seen your sources on github. May you adapt it to round and more little Wear OS screens please?

May you enable the wakelock function so the app can stay into foreground and always enabled?

Thanks in advance,

GMOne

Archived