Jump to content
JumpMaster

WheelLog for Inmotion - Development

Recommended Posts

Great

16 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

I think I can add Inmotion support to my WheelLog app.

Great! My V8 is on it's last "leg" of delivery to my office - shall be here within couple of hours and I have KEVTEST already installed since test with SW Xtreme so I'll try to provide you with output once it's here and indeed I'll be available to perform any other tests required ;) 

Edited by HEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The version of "KEVTEST" I've posted has been updated.  It requests permission and copies to clipboard when the text is clicked.  If that's useful get the newer one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

The version of "KEVTEST" I've posted has been updated.  It requests permission and copies to clipboard when the text is clicked.  If that's useful get the newer one.

Got the new version now - so just to get the V8 here ... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HEC said:

Got the new version now - so just to get the V8 here ... ;)

Look forward to your feedback and advice! ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheel has arrived and here is the result from KEVTES (I've just changed the MAC if that's OK?).

Hope this helps - any more questions let me know.

V8an.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HEC said:

Wheel has arrived and here is the result from KEVTES (I've just changed the MAC if that's OK?).

Hope this helps - any more questions let me know.

V8an.txt

Interesting.. The file I received states the V8 could not be detected. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Interesting.. The file I received states the V8 could not be detected. ?

That's correct / expected result as it's not yet known to WheelLog / KEVTEST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HEC said:

That's correct / expected result as it's not yet known to WheelLog / KEVTEST.

Very good. Hopefully you can figure it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HEC said:

That's correct / expected result as it's not yet known to WheelLog / KEVTEST.

Yep it's very good news.  The current bodge of identifying wheels by their services and characteristics can continue a little longer.  I'll add these to the KEVTEST app and it should start identifying Inmotion wheels.  Next will be subscribing to a service and characteristic and hopefully the wheel is broadcasting its metrics much like KingSong and Gotway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

Yep it's very good news.  The current bodge of identifying wheels by their services and characteristics can continue a little longer.  I'll add these to the KEVTEST app and it should start identifying Inmotion wheels.  Next will be subscribing to a service and characteristic and hopefully the wheel is broadcasting its metrics much like KingSong and Gotway. 

Perfect! Many thanks! :D

Edited by Rehab1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JumpMaster can you add a method on the Google store that allows us grateful users the ability to contribute something for your efforts? I've had a couple Customers ask how they could do this... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HEC

InMotion have a lot of services!  Ninebot has 3, Gotway 4, KingSong 5, and InMotion has 12!  They have the same service Gotway, Kingsong, and Ninebot use and it only contains 1 characteristic so I'm hopeful that's the one.

I've made another version of KEVTEST that will hopefully say "Found inmotion".  It would be interesting to know if this is successful on the V5 and V8.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qIN0Xd80hCUjVXWFNBZUVZbGM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by JumpMaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

I also see there's a pin code. Does this stop any app connecting or is it only used when editing settings?

PIN seems to be needed only first time you pair your phone with the wheel. Default PIN is "000000" and after registering as an owner you can change to another 6 digits PIN. Either way it doesn't seem to need the PIN anymore after initial pairing of the mobile device + wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HEC said:

PIN seems to be needed only first time you pair your phone with the wheel. Default PIN is "000000" and after registering as an owner you can change to another 6 digits PIN. Either way it doesn't seem to need the PIN anymore after initial pairing of the mobile device + wheel.

That makes sense and is all the security that's required.  Would be nice if all wheels did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

I've made another version of KEVTEST that will hopefully say "Found inmotion".

It does indeed!

V8Ban.txt

EDIT: Please note that I've update the firmware since the last capture as well.

Edited by HEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HEC said:

It does indeed!

V8Ban.txt

EDIT: Please note that I've update the firmware since the last capture as well.

Awesome! So far so good.  I've updated KEVTEST to register for notifications on all known wheels. The data is then shown in the textbox in hex so some symbols maybe converted into symbols.  I've registered to two notifications on Inmotion as I can't decide which of the two is most likely to return data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qIN0Xd80hCeUVYVXlkeFJvbEk/view?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

I've updated KEVTEST to register for notifications on all known wheels. The data is then shown in the textbox in hex so some symbols maybe converted into symbols.  I've registered to two notifications on Inmotion as I can't decide which of the two is most likely to return data.

Unfortunately this version of KEVTEST is crashing with "Unfortunately, KEVTEST has stopped." error after connecting to the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

Ok this time I've only registered for 1 notification...

Still the same error. Phone is HTC One with Android 4.4.2. I've tested the KEVTEST version from yesterday at that one still works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

If anyone wants to donate directly to them or via our just giving page that would be really appreciated.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CooperFundraising 

http://www.oliverfisher.org/

 

Heartfelt story!! God Bless!

Edited by Rehab1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HEC said:

Still the same error. Phone is HTC One with Android 4.4.2. I've tested the KEVTEST version from yesterday at that one still works.

I found the mistake. I mixed up the service and characteristic id.  Should work now and subscribe to two notifications.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qIN0Xd80hCdjZLSzdtdGRDME0/view?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

Should work now and subscribe to two notifications.

Bingo!

V8Can.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No data received from the wheel though. Might have to try some of the other characteristics before trying to decode that app another way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...