WheelLog for Inmotion - Development

JumpMaster

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4.1.2017 at 11:41 PM, Cedric Hauber said:

Hi,

I've made some adjustments on wheel detection.

I've also added a dirty dialog when you search the wheel to input your wheel password.

If somebody has a V8, please tell me if it works now.

app-debug.apk

Hi Cedric,

thanks for the V8 implementation. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me yet. The app crashes immediately once I enter the password for the bluetooth . Please let me know if I can help you somehow (such as sending log files...). 

Anyway, big thanks for the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

@Cedric Hauber: Not sure if this is the best post to give some suggestions for the wheellog app, but maybe you like the ideas. 
1- Total energy consumed during last ride. The app shows the power anyway. At the end of the trip I would like to know how much energy (Wh) I have consumed. For me this information would be interesting. Total distance / overcame slope / average speed / average power / riding time (without pause time) and consumed energy. 
2- Alarm also acustic. I like the idea of the vibrating phone but sometimes you may not feel your phone. Therefore when you go with earphones it would be perfect to have also a warning via phone. 
3- Logging function. For me the logging function only works proper directly in the app. I like the graphs that helps to understand what is going on but if I want to work with the csv data there are a lot of wrong data inside and up to know I was not able to put the gps data into googlemaps. I would love to have this data at the PC in a clear chart where altitude is included and I see the way in a map. I´m sure you know "sportstracker" and similar apps. 

21 hours ago, Cedric Hauber said:

Hi,

I had a lot of work recently, i will work on this this weekend.

That is great news! Would be so nice to have an indication of the safety margin when going uphill or when accelerating. I tried to get Gyrometrics running on my old iPad. I managed to get some short csv files logged, but each time I tried to restart the application, it crashed and I had to reinstall it. I agree with Fabian that a logging function would be a very nice feature to analyse power demand, temperature etc. back home at the computer. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cedric Hauber said:

A new release

app-debug.apk

Great work! It is running now without any crashes. The Speed seems to be too high by a factor of about 3 (3.6???). I only could do some indoor testing but and the app said that i exceeded 34 kmh - on a stretch where the inmotion apps says about 10 kmh. Also, I was wondering what the effective sampling rate depends on. Values remain the same over several samples and temporal resolution appears to quite low (didn't check it in detail, yet). Temperature is not shown - think this was the same gyrometrics app.

I will do some more testing by tomorrow. Huge thanks for all your efforts!

• 3 weeks later...

I could install and connect to the V8. The latter likes to drop the blue tooth connection regularly. My problem is now that I don't find the way how to reconnect within the app (while wheel symbol is blinking red).

• 1 month later...
On 07/02/2017 at 2:08 AM, Cedric Hauber said:

A new release

app-debug.apk

My last reply got lost, so take 2.

This version is connecting for me, but I've only tried the play store version to compare (and it just wasn't asking for a password, so it couldn't connect).

As for data, well what you get depends on how you connect.

The ideal way would be connecting WheelLog directly to the wheel, but while it does that fine, it gets no data.

The workaround way seems to be first connecting with inmotions official app (Disable wifi and cell data if you're being geoblocked), then open WheelLog and connect as normal. All the data should appear and update just fine.

I only had a few minutes to test different methods, so I'll have to poke around more later. Having a workaround is nice, but it'd be great to get it working without relying on inmotions app, especially with the whole geblocking fun.

edit - After a bit more poking around I noticed WheelLog wasn't getting accurate info, or really much info at all. I haven't had a chance to retest this to see what may have caused it but on a ~3 km ride it reported my speed as about 73 kph, which is just a bit off. Most of the info on the second panel wasn't showing anything either. Fingers crossed the issues can be sorted cause I'm really getting fed up with inmotions geoblocking.

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

I really wanted to have a good APP for my Intionion V8, but looks like the JumpMaster and Cedric Hauber disappeared from the forum(( So, I haven't a choise, I modified the Cedric's version by myself :) 
FIXED:
-speed 
-temperature
-total distance
-distance
added in the second tab: 
-second temperature (controller)
-angles (Angle and Roll).
In addition, I changed the polling rate to 10 times per second, and also added it all to the log. Caution, the log file is now growing rapidly

7 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Hi all.

I really wanted to have a good APP for my Intionion V8, but looks like the JumpMaster and Cedric Hauber disappeared from the forum(( So, I haven't a choise, I modified the Cedric's version by myself :) 
FIXED:
-speed 
-temperature
-total distance
-distance
added in the second tab: 
-second temperature (controller)
-angles (Angle and Roll).
In addition, I changed the polling rate to 10 times per second, and also added it all to the log. Caution, the log file is now growing rapidly

WheelLog-inmotion.apk

Do you share your source in GitHub (or elsewhere)?

If not, can you please tell us more about the errors you found?

I have an V5 and found Cedric Hauber's code pretty useful.

Thanks.

Initial results of my testing so far: 

Display and graph functions work flawlessly. Really nice to see the two temperatures! However, when I start logging, the app crashes. No idea why this happens. I had no GPS lock - could this be a reason? 

54 minutes ago, Kingtide said:

Display and graph functions work flawlessly. Really nice to see the two temperatures! However, when I start logging, the app crashes. No idea why this happens. I had no GPS lock - could this be a reason? 

I'm seeing correct battery, total milage, and temp data with my V8. Also crashes when selecting the line icon in the top right. It's that logging? Really pleased to have the possibility of this option for my V8.

1 hour ago, julio_map said:

Do you share your source in GitHub (or elsewhere)?

If not, can you please tell us more about the errors you found?

I have an V5 and found Cedric Hauber's code pretty useful.

Thanks.

Yes, I've posted code on https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid
There was wrong speed ratio for V8, also total distance wasn't worked too. And I added some addional info as described above. 

57 minutes ago, Kingtide said:

I use Auto log, Log location and Use GPS location options, and it works fine. It crashes if I turn off Wheel connection before stop logging, but log is successfully saved.

Archived