WheelLog for Inmotion - Development

JumpMaster

7 hours ago, Aatos said:

@who_the, how does the slider behave in the wheellog app? I can set it but it reverts to 30 when sliding in/out settings or changing other settings such as turn light on.

Wheellog slider shows and stays at 35kph. Interestingly, the Inmotion app also now reports 35kph is the top limit. V8 firmware version is 1.1.1009.

In my experience, the benefit of raising the limit to 35kph is not actually going 35kph, it's the ability to approach 30kph without tiltback. If you have a V8, you know the tiltback is gradual and begins several kph before the actual limit. The wheel wants to signal you to stay below the set limit, even at 30kph. With the limit set to 35kph, you can actually get to 28-29-30kph comfortably. Though I didn't exceed 31 kph in my rides, I think the tiltback will (wisely) make it difficult to get to 35kph.

Remember, at these speeds one should always wear full gear including wrist guards, gloves, knee pads and helmet. 

Screenshot_20170816-122610.png

Screenshot_20170816-122136.png

Screenshot_20170816-122624.png

20170807_070309.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 8/16/2017 at 10:39 PM, who_the said:

If you have a V8, you know the tiltback is gradual and begins several kph before the actual limit. The wheel wants to signal you to stay below the set limit, even at 30kph. With the limit set to 35kph, you can actually get to 28-29-30kph comfortably.

Yes, absolutely agree!

Some minor bug fixes: 
- FW version in second tab now same as in official app.
- Some fixes in logs (e.g. incorrect negative angles there: Start from angle 649.70 at speed 0.83)

Fix: 
- refresh of the speed and volume sliders in case of an unsuccessful change attempt
- some minor fixes
Add:
- Alert dialog for changing speed over 30;  @Mono, @KingSong69, and some other people that never used V8 should be happy ;)
- New wheel setting: pedals horizont adjustment

1 minute ago, palachzzz said:

Fix: 
- refresh of the speed and volume sliders in case of an unsuccessful change attempt
- some minor fixes
Add:
- Alert dialog for changing speed over 30;  @Mono, @KingSong69, and some other people that never used V8 should be happy ;)

WheelLog-Inmotion_19082017.apk

You should note that i recently tested the Kingsong Speed setting on DarknessBot for 50kmh :-)

So as i said on DarknessBot app, also: Good work!

3 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Fix: 
- some minor fixes
Add:

WheelLog-Inmotion_19082017.apk

Strange, tried to download it (it says 2.96mb), but when installing it, it says it cannot open the file (and yes, I removed the security for unknown files). Any idea what I did wrong?

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

Strange, tried to download it (it says 2.96mb), but when installing it, it says it cannot open the file (and yes, I removed the security for unknown files). Any idea what I did wrong?

I think you trying to download directly using phone and some kind of default app to open it. Use another file manager to open it. Also you can download it by computer, and then send it to your gmail, after that open it on phone using gmail app. 

I've got the same problem. Tried installing from Chrome Download, File Manager or Gmail. Either I get a "cannot open" or installation fails ("not installed") without error message.

EDIT: Earlier WheelLog version runs just fine on the phone used (xiaomi mi5).

33 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

I've got the same problem. Tried installing from Chrome Download, File Manager or Gmail. Either I get a "cannot open" or installation fails ("not installed") without error message.

EDIT: Earlier WheelLog version runs just fine on the phone used (xiaomi mi5).

I know..stupid question...but did you De-install the old app before trying?

13 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I know..stupid question...but did you De-install the old app before trying?

Smart question! :smartass:  ... nup, I didn't ... will try that ... gimme a minute ...

EDIT: Thanks man, that worked!  Results: Connected to my V8 and showed what looked like an accurate status incl. speed. No effect when trying to switch on the headlight or switch off the deco lights. Then connected to the Msuper. Shows Battery status and temperature, but no speed indication (remains 0.0) and trip km counter shows total km as well (with 2 decimals). Also does not turn on headlight. I'll do some more experimenting tomorrow...

1 hour ago, Tilmann said:

No effect when trying to switch on the headlight or switch off the deco lights.

Strange, try to keep pressing longer when you turn on/off. Very fast tap usually not working. And what FW version? (second tab -> version). 
Any wheel settings shouldn't work with Gotway and others, only for Inmotion.

31 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Very interesting.

I didn't understand if iOS app of inmotion can manage custom firmware in order to have 35km/h on V8 or it is exclusive for android os?

thanks

For IOS you can use the App "Darkness Bot" to set the Speed of V8 to 35kmh...

Original Inmotion App does not allow that....and Wheellog is only fro Android!

This is a wonderful app... I took @Marty Backe's advice and picked myself up a $29 Phone from Walmart (Kyocera Hydro Shore ... Which has the advantage of being waterproof and has Middle-of-the-road stats).   Of course the secret behind these phones is that AT&T wants you to pay them $60 to set up a plan ... It's a wonderfully cheap Android mini tablet computer when you don't bother to setup the plan.   Wheellog works great for both my Gotway ACM and Inmotion V8 and connects with Bluetooth with a lot less drama and hassle than the factory apps.   I guess there is no IPS support...but then nobody else provides IPS support either in a third-party app.  But the IPS app is probably one of the least problematic of the EUC apps because they don't require you to set up some sort of Internet account.   Great work and I highly recommend Wheellog's user interface for providing everything you want scaled properly on one screen

49 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

This is a wonderful app... I took @Marty Backe's Advice and pick myself up a $29 Phone from Walmart (Kyocera Hydro Shore ... Which has the advantage of being waterproof and has Middle-of-the-road stats).

Every once in a while @Marty Backe has some good advice . ;)  :thumbup:

I took his advice as well and purchased a cheap Android for my Gotway ACM. 

1 hour ago, palachzzz said:

FIX:
- Now it connects to KingSong without official app. Thanks @andress for request and assist.

WheelLog_23082017.apk

Next wheel :D....so @palachzzz... I'm not sure I completely understand the provenance of Wheellog... @JumpMaster (Kevin Cooper0 did the original code and interface, and you have deciphered the JSON stream from Inmotion and Gotway boards ... and now Kingsong, to extend the utility?   Have I gotten that right?  Anyway, Thanks to both of you for great work

7 minutes ago, Chris Westland said:

Next wheel :D....so @palachzzz... I'm not sure I completely understand the provenance of Wheellog... @JumpMaster (Kevin Cooper0 did the original code and interface, and you have deciphered the JSON stream from Inmotion and Gotway boards ... and now Kingsong, to extend the utility?   Have I gotten that right?  Anyway, Thanks to both of you for great work

Not to play down the work of palachzzz:

For Kingsongs he made the connection better...before you could only connect wheellog, when you opened the original app before!

now it is possible without doing that!

And also palachzzz made some GREAT improvements together with the darkness bot developer :-)

Kevin cooper seams to have no interest in progress of his app anymore.....

hmmm should I be brave enough to try to go over 30? bit scary??! I want to try but on the other hand ???

I noticed after installing wheelLog that my wheel has changed the position of foot pedals by it self! havent tested it outside yet!

at what speed the engine may cut out if the max is 35?

OMG if I die tomorrow? ??? just pray for 1test

4 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

I noticed after installing wheelLog that my wheel has changed the position of foot pedals by it self! havent tested it outside yet!

Yes, It can happen at first run. I will try to catch the bug. But for now just change it to your preffered position (default : 1.0 degree) from wheellog. 

4 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

at what speed the engine may cut out if the max is 35?

43.5 on full battery. 

10 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

There are not JSON stream, there are completely binary protocols. If you interested you can look in sources on github.

Archived