WheelLog for Inmotion - Development

JumpMaster

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My battery was at 70%ish when I took off today and I went up to 30! Than I noticed that it gave me warning at 27ish but the stranges thing is the tiltback! it is violent!

It start to tiltback with higher speeds way more than it was as oryginal? Last night I have changet the board possition to almost flat but when I step on it and start riding it seems to keep on tilting back from the start and rasing with higher speeds so it is more incomfortable that it was? I may get use to it but just to let You know. Im also not sure if it acually can go over 30 at constant speed.

Is it possible to bring back the oryginal settings just incase I wont like it?

8 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

hmmm should I be brave enough to try to go over 30? bit scary??! I want to try but on the other hand ???

at what speed the engine may cut out if the max is 35?

3 hours ago, palachzzz said:

43.5 on full battery. 

37 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

My battery was at 70%ish when I took off today and I went up to 30! ...

at 70% max speed is much lower. And if your wheel has to deliver torque (acceleration, incline, head wind, bump,...) it will decrease even more... So max speed is not constant but very dependend on battery voltage and delivered torque (motor current)!

If you really insist of go trying 35 km/h like this please always log your rides! And wear nice protective gear so that you can still send us the logs afterwards...

than we have a chance to see the limits of the v8 like here for the ks16b 

37 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

Than I noticed that it gave me warning at 27ish but the stranges thing is the tiltback! it is violent!

Tiltback gets more violent the more one accelerates "into" the set tiltback speed. But for the inmotion v8 i imho read here, that tiltback already starts a bit before, so it can come a bit "softer" than with other wheels?

could also be that by a voltage sag and/or the normal discharge by riding the tiltback speed was reduced internally by the firmware and by already driving at or above this reduced tiltback threshold the tiltback came immedeately with all the available force?

and as written here the 35 km/h setting is experimental and noone knows exactly if and which side effects/implication it has/could have - maybe there are also other reasons that it is not possible to set it this high with the original app besides the reduced safety margin.

so, once again please wear good protective gear, log the ride and respect the wheel warnings when you try to research the limits of your wheel!

If it beeps at 27 km/h and you continue to 30 one could expect not so nice things happening - you probably had good luck that it was only a violent tiltback!

great picture! ??? dont scare me more than Im already to try ? If I fall please sent me a post card to hospital if I survive ?

Joke a side!

Im charging my V8 as 50% battery now!

I have tryed to log with this middle button on the top right on the app but since Ive tryed to to that it keep on closing the app and I cant do nothing at all now ?

I menaged to stop searching for the wheel and switch off the log and auto log as auto log looks like it keep on crashing the app!

And other thing Ive noticed is that the app often loose the connection to the wheel but quickly pick it back on! is it normal?

16 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

I menaged to stop searching for the wheel and switch off the log and auto log as auto log looks like it keep on crashing the app!

You need to enable "Log location" and :Use GPS for location" in logging settings.

16 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

And other thing Ive noticed is that the app often loose the connection to the wheel but quickly pick it back on! is it normal?

Depends of phone performance it may happened. Usually I have one disconnect per 1-3 hour.

3 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

Is it possible to bring back the oryginal settings just incase I wont like it?

Original setting is 1.0 degree and 30 km\h (actually 25 km/h is factory default). Just set it in "Wheel Settings", there are no another options that can affect you comfort. For example violent tiltback is not adjustable at all. If you have lower then 40% of charge, tiltback comes with speed lower then 30 regardless your setting. At ~0% it comes at 24 km/h

7 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

What does roll and pitch mean in darknessbot app?

Does compass work on your iPhone?

tks

I just know this angular values beeing sent from Ninebot - maybe they are also available for inmotion?

They are used like for ships or airplanes

250px-Yaw_Axis_Corrected.svg.png

Ok! Just went for a spin! ????

The most important - Im allive ??? but but but...

The maximum tiltback does not allow me to go on the straight run or even down the hill with constant speed over 30KM/h! so it looks as normal! I had to force it for a split second! Max out both apps are below 32.6 KM/h

The app keept swithing off as well!

I had screen recording on if anyone is interested?

what do You guys think?

Screenshot_20170824-170112.png

Screenshot_20170824-170434.png

Screenshot_20170824-171412.png

Screenshot_20170824-171048.png

59 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Didn't you have tilt back at that speed? ?

Tilt back kick in before! I dont check exactly at what speed it does it as Im maximum focused on riding as You can feel that it is riding on the edge of falling!

I just had second atempt and Ive reached 33,9 for a split seccond!

This mod was great! Thanks  Guys for help in getting this app working and understanding!

Today I was not as scared as I was at first yesterday and it was less windy!

20170825_203255_1.gif

You can use WheelLog with logging, then you won't need to capture screen. All data will be saved in csv file. Also, you can see there when was tiltback happened, and what the speed was.

Archived