WheelLog for Inmotion - Development

JumpMaster

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update

Fix: 
- logging without location crashes
- improved wheel settings (now almost always applyed)
- unwanted changing wheel settings at first run
- KingSong FW version and Mode (need to be checked KingSong by owners)
- Gotway battery temperature now called System temperature (actually Gotway haven't battery temp sensor)

Ok so I have uploaded a new one. it looks like it keeps on loosing conection to the wheel as it was before and same problem with possition of the wheel. If I leave it on 0 is way out of angle like it would have a tiltback on straight away and keeps on rolling off. so again need to put the angle of the wheel maximum to the right in the options 8degree so it will be stable and straight. is it something wrong with my wheel You think? in oryginal app i can not do the car boddy correction?

@Wojciech Plocharski, I'm not sure about 8 degree for normal position. Do you have brand new V8? Are you repaired it, or it was used before you? What says a second tab in "Tilt angle" when you connect V8 and not riding?

I think it may be repaired, and controller (or sensor) stand not vertical, but with angle. Also I'm not sure about your comfortable position, did you tryed to ride backward (when red light and speaker is in front of you)? 

2 hours ago, palachzzz said:

@Wojciech Plocharski, I'm not sure about 8 degree for normal position. Do you have brand new V8? Are you repaired it, or it was used before you? What says a second tab in "Tilt angle" when you connect V8 and not riding?

I think it may be repaired, and controller (or sensor) stand not vertical, but with angle. Also I'm not sure about your comfortable position, did you tryed to ride backward (when red light and speaker is in front of you)? 

It was new when I got it from the dealer. I covered 690KM so far. My comfortable possition is 0-flat! I have never ride with red light in front of me! this happens after installing wheelLog to be honnest! it has automaticly moved my V8 out of angle when I installed this app and since then both apps are at 8degree for me to ride flat! I never even had to take appart my V8!

Great!

I haven't implemented this option ("body correction") in WheelLog yet. So technicaly it can't happen. But I will check how official app send "body correction", to understand what went wrong. Maybe there are the same commands...

Hi @palachzzz,

if you take care of the App now, could you apply @Chriull's change, which is described here:

https://github.com/chriull/WheelLogAndroid/commit/7050910d7cd1509cb8d90b5702eb2d45e59399d4?diff=unified

And could you display also an average speed like the Kingsong App does ?

However, thanks a lot for your efforts !

2 hours ago, palachzzz said:

That's one )) 

WheelLog_30082017_1.apk

Hello Palachzzz, BIG Thank You for taking care of further development of WheelLog app.

I confirm that version 30082017_1 show current in negative values when breaking on KS16S - no more 70A current peaks on the graph. GREAT! 

(further tests to be made tomorrow)  

Question - is Your knowledge also including secrets of the Pebble program add-on modification? - for WheelLog I am already very pleased with what we have now, I have small modification request for pebble app:

• make time readout on the top of the screen in larger fonts (even of the time readout partially touches the round speed graph)
  • remove or reduce in size the temperature and battery icons and use this space to show temperature and battery % using larger fonts. (icons are nice, but user knows what those fields are, so easy readability is the key point)

Please find below how it looks like now. Taking the picture from short distance seems to show perfectly clear picture and well visible time - in fact the fonts on the screen used to display time are around 1.8 mm tall - It is difficult to read them quickly from 40-50 cm away.

Fonts used to display temperature and battery % are around 2.5 mm tall - easier to read but still the icons take too much of the "precious" pebble screen space. 

I can test modified version at any time.

20170831_014102.jpg

1 hour ago, palachzzz said:

Hi @Lukasz, sorry, I'm not very keen on Pebble related code, I haven't Pebble, so it is difficult to debug.

Thank You for the fast answer.  

Any PEBBLE programmers around capable of such modification and willing to help?  

Pebble source code is here : https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogPebble

10 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Thank You for the fast answer.  

Any PEBBLE programmers around capable of such modification and willing to help?  

Pebble source code is here : https://github.com/JumpMaster/WheelLogPebble

Lukasz, to be honest: I believe, because Pebble went out of business end of 2016, it will be difficult to find somebody who investigates time into that.

Hi Herman, of course I understand that this request may bring no answer, but it does not hurt to ask. Change in font size shall not be big problem for somebody with previous pebble programming experience.  Pebble screen is perfectly well visible in the bright light / sun - so fits the needs better than standalone smartwatch with LCD / AMOLED screen, It works really well as the wheel speed display, and used Pebble can be obtained now at bargin prices...

4 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Lukasz, to be honest: I believe, because Pebble went out of business end of 2016, it will be difficult to find somebody who investigates time into that.

I wonder if new apps can even be submitted to the Pebble store anymore. Maybe they can be side loaded.

On 16/08/2017 at 5:15 PM, palachzzz said:

First, what about Gotway, where you can disable tiltback at all? 
Second, before you a deep immersion in the discussion, I have a feeling that most of those who are here so favors for safety did not go to V8 at all, or not riding at speed about factory maximum 30.
What you think about why unlock to 35 in this and DarknessBot App?  Why not 40, 50, or 100? Because the firmware accept it. Not 40, not 36, but 35.

35 not very close to cut-off speed. Cut-off speed at fully charged battery is 43.5 km\h. At 20s3p battery it is about 49 km\h.
And some more. V8 has adaptive tiltback speed decreasing system. At 96% of battery it decreased to 33 km\h. You can see above top speed 31.4 km/h and began to argue that this would lead to the death of someone. Are you kidding? 1,5 km/h upper then factory accepted? It is about 5%, are you seriously thinking that V8 working with no 5% of reserve? Some people, fall down from Gotway at speed 45+, and all of them is alive.
And one more point. Some of those who unlocked say that it does not accelerate above 30. But I have some logs with speed above 30, and can decide that at speed under 23 km/h the EUC keep tilt angle not more then one degree. But at speed 26 it is 3 degree forward, at 28 - 6 degree, at 30 - 9 degree, at 34 - 15 degree. So, it is uncomfortable for most of users, and I think not many people will want to ride at 35 on V8. You can't reach this speed just because you overlook. But sometimes I realy need to go faster up to 32 without tiltback. 

Also, I think it is good opportunity for people who has 20s3p battery. 

I've added alert for unlocking speed, but it worked bad, so I removed it. My sources on github, everyone can add it, and I would say thank for it. As I described in my first post: I'm not real Android Developer, I'm have another kind of work.

My english not so good for I would actively discuss with you this topic.

I fully agree with you. I am trying to get your app on my V8 but after version 06082017 my smart phone LeEco  doesn't accept to open your APK file ... I tried 14082017 and onward but no success. Also on my V8 I seem to have issue with ownership ... Trying to solve it with inmotion support. I also wanted to thank you for your work on this nice app. Thank you

Archived