Acrobatic Freestyle EUC - Hirsute

4 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

The kingsong 14 is a good wheel, but unfortunatly not for good freestyle. It is always overheating... Too much power the the motherboard.

i have the V5+ for only one month but i'm very hard with it, and for the moment it's strong. No problem...

That is one of the things that worries me about the KS!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

@Sidestreet Reny @KingSong69 @DS @Shoe73 @trya    It appears we have $230 donated so far towards your new wheel. What can @Jason McNeil provide?. Anything used?

Thanks again for luv y'all. Dude he wants to hook me up with a killer deal on a 14b and I can't think of a better guy to buy from. But just as the trigger is about to get pulled I'm told by Hirsute that he made them overheat all the time practicing too many tricks over and over. Heard that from others too. I think it is possible to kill the battery if it overheats trying to do the same trick repeatedly or fry the mother board. Right? I am so confused. :( haha any ideas?

Edited by Sidestreet Reny
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

That was on your 14b, right?

No, that was a my first wheel, a gotway mcm2s. 

For the hoverheat i was talking about the KS14C. I never tried the ks14B. Maybe the 14B not hoverheat because it's less powerfull...

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Dude he wants to hook me up with a killer deal on a 14b and I can't think of a better guy to buy from.

KS14b seems a good wheel for doing tricks. You do not need a large capacity battery for tricks and that keeps the price lower.

Well...for the overheating issue...common, give some rest of your shins from time to time :) and the temp will go down also.

Some forum members did mods on KS14 and improved the cooling.

Edited by DS
  • Upvote 2

Go for it?!

I am not the trick guy...but i can say my Ks14c is "agile" and powerful like  hell...(and i am 100kg :-) )

and i have only heard good things about the Ks14 in general...so the 14b also!!!

i also would  have recommended a Gotway mcm3 for @Sidestreet Reny... as it is powerful-800w-and not so heavy with a 260 or 340 batterie...

But we don't have so much choices...

In the End: better one of those quality wheels, than an generic ...or?

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, DS said:

KS14b seems a good wheel for doing tricks. You do not need a large capacity battery for tricks and that keeps the price lower.

Well...for the overheating issue...common, give some rest of your shins from time to time :) and the temp will go down also.

really?

i do not think that would be a problem...the overheat results of idling for a long time...or going uphill very long and high!

AND: you are not that heavy guy...so in general i think overheat will not be a prob on the 14b...

and even if: some mods would go against this issue :-)

i say: take it :-)

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Go for it?!

I am not the trick guy...but i can say my Ks14c is "agile" and powerful like  hell...(and i am 100kg :-) )

and i have only heard good things about the Ks14 in general...so the 14b also!!!

i also would  have recommended a Gotway mcm3 for @Sidestreet Reny... as it is powerful-800w-and not so heavy with a 260 or 340 batterie...

But we don't have so much choices...

In the End: better one of those quality wheels, than an generic ...or?

@KingSong69 wouldn't that overheating kill the battery eventually too?

...and leave me hanging in the middle of the night somewhere in my ghetto where every third person is yelling at me saying "yo, gimme that thing!" ;) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

@KingSong69 wouldn't that overheating kill the battery eventually too?

...and leave me hanging in the middle of the night somewhere in my ghetto where every third person is yelling at me saying "yo, gimme that thing!" ;) 

look at mz answer before....

what you are doing on the wheel ...and your weight...will not overheat it!

promised! ;-)

• Upvote 1

@Sidestreet Reny

the Main thing is:

Listen to your wheel :-)

the Ks14 has an overtemperature warning...as long as you take a break after this warning...nothing will happen!

the batterie will not be killed..that is more a board problem...which CAN fry in extrem situations and IF you dont listen...

but as said before: your riding style and you weight will not go to do something to the Ks14..

my 2 cents....

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

wouldn't that overheating kill the battery eventually too?

Overheating affects the mainboard mostly but you could easily control it by checking from time to time by hand...just touch the shell where the mainboard is located and do not let it feels hot, warm is OK.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DS said:

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@Sidestreet Reny

the Main thing is:

Listen to your wheel :-)

the Ks14 has an overtemperature warning...as long as you take a break after this warning...nothing will happen!

the batterie will not be killed..that is more a board problem...which CAN fry in extrem situations and IF you dont listen...

but as said before: your riding style and you weight will not go to do something to the Ks14..

my 2 cents....

Here's what happened to the two wheels I tried so ya can see how confused I am with power. The C+ I bought from @bumblebee it's now dead in my closet, it died while doing a shove-it trick...on flat ground. The 14B I bought used from @OneWheelAtATime returned it because the battery died while jumping up a curb on day one!...he charged me $150 to return it. I bought an E+ from Jake at @FORWARD california And the battery fried with smoke and all going down a small incline second day, Jake was sooo cool about it even though Ninebot wasn't cool about it. Here is a picture.

Untitled-1.jpg

55 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

Maybe the 14B not hoverheat because it's less powerfull...

I also think that 14B is less prone to overheat, actually, all heat issues (AFAIK) have been reported for KSC 800W.

The KSB sustained motor power is 500W, the peak 2000.  

I've been doing 30min idling with my old generic EUC and did not have overheat...but with 250W motor you can not do it aggressively, it was easy to overlean.

500W is a good power for tricks, the same like of 9bot EUC and we can see what kind of moves is able to do @Jonathan Tolhurst                                                                 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

The 14B I bought used from @OneWheelAtATime returned it because the battery died while jumping up a curb on day one!

This fault looks like not from overheating. The battery may have lost internal connection from the hard shake...which is not supposed to happen anyway.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DS said:

I also think that 14B is less prone to overheat, actually, all heat issues (AFAIK) have been reported for KSC 800W.

The KSB sustained motor power is 500W, the peak 2000.  

I've been doing 30min idling with my old generic EUC and did not have overheat...but with 250W motor you can not do it aggressively, it was easy to overlean.

500W is a good power for tricks, the same like of 9bot EUC and we can see what kind of moves is able to do @Jonathan Tolhurst                                                                 

I dig the feel of the 9bot it's just soooooo heavy and I weigh 140lbs. It is super cool for freestyle, it has more control as everything happens in almost slow motion, it is killer for spins because it has a tight center of mass (evenly weighted) and a surprisingly durable case. Still just toooooooooo heavy.

1 minute ago, DS said:

This fault looks like not from overheating. The battery may have lost internal connection from the hard shake...which is not supposed to happen anyway.

I opened it up and the battery connections were fine. Shake was from a big curb and that seriously should not happen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

I dig the feel of the 9bot it's just soooooo heavy and I weigh 140lbs. It is super cool for freestyle, it has more control as everything happens in almost slow motion, it is killer for spins because it has a tight center of mass (evenly weighted) and a surprisingly durable case. Still just toooooooooo heavy.

Right. You may need then some robust 14" model...proven fighter for the tricks battles :)

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Sounds like the "regenerative breaking" prob quite some wheels have when breaking too fast... Going down a incline and breaking is comparable to much heavier breaking on level ground...

Imho your best chances for this would be a wheel with big batteries, so they can take the "breaking power". Also do this only with enough "free capacity" left for the batteries - something like about 70% charged (just any number that came into my mind)...

... and then you just can hope, that the Mosfets won't fry...

Imho the best would be to change your trick so it won't require breaking while going down...:(

• Upvote 1

@Sidestreet Reny

i mean we can talk about an "eventual" failure all day long....

as you have tested some wheels now, for sure yoi know what is a "stable" wheel and which not...

if you search a little bit longer...i think you will found every wheel to have its on failure rate and problems!

i can only speak from my experience: The KS14 is an "agile" monster...like @Hirsute said also!

i am since 20 days in possesion of a KS18....this is a Powermonster also...but from 0 to 15 kmh...the ks14 stamps it into the ground/bottom :-) my translation dictionary found the 18 to be "slugish"...slow...!

so, i would say: give the Ks14 a try!!! on extreme situations you will not find a wheel with "freestyle trick and longlife" guarantie ;-)

the only wheel which i coukd pretend also for you ...is a MCM3 ...which is out of reach...and has its own personal probs, too!

so....come on! nobody will blame you for ruining or destroying some wheel!

you are an artist, which will stress EVERY WHEEL :-)

17 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Sounds like the "regenerative breaking" prob quite some wheels have when breaking too fast... Going down a incline and breaking is comparable to much heavier breaking on level ground...

Imho your best chances for this would be a wheel with big batteries, so they can take the "breaking power". Also do this only with enough "free capacity" left for the batteries - something like about 70% charged (just any number that came into my mind)...

... and then you just can hope, that the Mosfets won't fry...

Imho the best would be to change your trick so it won't require breaking while going down...:(

Thanx @Chriull for the info!! I agree man. I need to adjust some tricks to a more forward position in allot of tricks for sure. One more question, would the 800w ks be even stabler, the 14b can only handle the 174wh? Remember I don't need speed? Just power.

@Sidestreet Reny i may have missed some earlier discussions on the wheels you prefer, and i do agree that overall ks14 can be a pretty good agile wheel for some tricks, but just keep in mind, and of course you must realize this too, it will take you time to adjust to any wheel that is new for you. What wheel did you use before? Sometimes its better to stick to what you are used to. Also keep in mind that while ks14 is very agile and powerful, it has a feature that may not be perfect for some of the tricks - it has a very soft response. The wheel allows you to lean into the curve, and the pedals will be angled and then slowly return to horizontal. Its not as ridig as for exampke, ninebot. So be aware of this, Sometimes this is in the way of doing certain tricks. Perhaps for your tricks it may not matter.

in terms of the available power, not sure if 174wh will be enough is you have high demands of current. But if you are light, it might be ok depending on the routine.

• Upvote 1

@Sidestreet Reny Lots of great pointers! Every wheel will have it's own idiosyncrasies that you will need to get use to. What was the wheel you performed all of your fantastic tricks on? I heard the KS14 is a great wheel with power! Unfortunately you have less that 2 months to adjust before the contest ends so hopefully you can find a wheel soon. Remember safety as this is not a 'break a leg' contest.

As far as your concerns about your new wheel dying in the ghetto and you not making it out, think of all the news your story will generate followed by the increased number of  forum members. All for a good cause big guy!:P

Edited by Rehab1

54 minutes ago, Cloud said:

@Sidestreet Reny i may have missed some earlier discussions on the wheels you prefer, and i do agree that overall ks14 can be a pretty good agile wheel for some tricks, but just keep in mind, and of course you must realize this too, it will take you time to adjust to any wheel that is new for you. What wheel did you use before? Sometimes its better to stick to what you are used to. Also keep in mind that while ks14 is very agile and powerful, it has a feature that may not be perfect for some of the tricks - it has a very soft response. The wheel allows you to lean into the curve, and the pedals will be angled and then slowly return to horizontal. Its not as ridig as for exampke, ninebot. So be aware of this, Sometimes this is in the way of doing certain tricks. Perhaps for your tricks it may not matter.

in terms of the available power, not sure if 174wh will be enough is you have high demands of current. But if you are light, it might be ok depending on the routine.

Hey @Cloud I only weigh 145lbs. When I tried the KS14 the ride was cool but definitely not as tight as the 9bot. The 14 is adjustable though isn't it?