Your KS 16 expirence

vido

On 24.5.2016 at 11:53 PM, vido said:

Is the odometer accurate on iOS? Are you able to disable the "hello King song voice"?

You can only disable all messages. Maybe Kingsong can fix this in a future firmware/ app version? Or maybe they delete the messageĀ  at all as no one need this message.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a voice that says: "Hello King Song, Bluetooth is connected" if you want to play music. The voice is only spoken during the first connect to music button (separate button from power button), not during riding. The voice warnings stay disabled. I believe the KS14 also has that voice that says "bluetooth is connected". Nothing new there.

29 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

There is a voice that says: "Hello King Song, Bluetooth is connected" if you want to play music. The voice is only spoken during the first connect to music button (separate button from power button), not during riding. The voice warnings stay disabled. I believe the KS14 also has that voice that says "bluetooth is connected". Nothing new there.

That one is separate.

5 minutes ago, OliverH said:

That one is separate.

That's the only one I get. No other voices on my unit.

7 hours ago, xamino said:

Sorry, that could have been clearer: when the smartphone connects to the bluetooth speakers you get the "Hello Kingsong" once. I haven't heard any of the alarms yet so not sure if they return too. If you turn off the speakers the KS 16 returns to being as quiet as you set it to be in the app. I think it is supposed to be a "feature" so that you don't miss any alarms when you're listening to music.

Maybe someone else has a bit more experience with that / could explain it better?

When you say turn on the speakers, you mean turn on the blue tooth system? Or upon connecting your prone to the speakersĀ via bluetooth? So i understand that it is possible that the voive alarms always stay on while your phone is connected to the speakers and consequentlyĀ while music is on?Ā 

This would mean for me that Ā these voice messages are always going to be on((

2 hours ago, vido said:

What's the min/max psi? And do you have a dedicated front and back or you just ride which ever way you first step foot on the ks?

40-65 psi (2.8-4.6 bar)

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

When you say turn on the speakers, you mean turn on the blue tooth system? Or upon connecting your prone to the speakersĀ via bluetooth? So i understand that it is possible that the voive alarms always stay on while your phone is connected to the speakers and consequentlyĀ while music is on?Ā 

This would mean for me that Ā these voice messages are always going to be on((

No. If you disable the voice warnings, they don't come back. There is a separate voice that can't be disabled that says "hello KS, bluetooth is connected" when/if you press the specific bluetooth button. It will only talk when you press the button meaning right after you touch the button. After you're done touching the button it won't talk again, at all, during the rest of your ride. You can listen to all the music you want with no interruptions. That button only has to be touched once per day, since it's separate from the power button. When you press the actual power button to go ride, there will not be a hello kingsong voice. Just the beeps.

Ā 

KS16 explanations.jpg

Thank you @edwin_rmĀ ! This is very clear.

is there a usb port? If yes, does the bluetooth system need to be activated to activate the usb port?Ā 

i think i might go for a ks 16 then! Especially since im having issues with one of my wheels right now, i only have one rideable wheel left and i feel naked! How do people live without a back up wheel? I am kinda terrified right nowĀ :)Ā 

thanks

1 hour ago, dside said:

No usb port on KS16.

Too bad. I find it to be very useful on my ks14. Ive installed a usb light on the wheel, its on while plugged in, so i dont need to buy separate batteries for it. I also charge my phone and ipad from the usb port. Very useful feature, the wheel is like my mobile office with the usb port :)Ā 

15 hours ago, Cloud said:

Too bad. I find it to be very useful on my ks14. Ive installed a usb light on the wheel, its on while plugged in, so i dont need to buy separate batteries for it. I also charge my phone and ipad from the usb port. Very useful feature, the wheel is like my mobile office with the usb port :)Ā 

I miss the USB port too - I used to ride a 14c. For what it's worth, the 16b's built in light is pretty bright and does a good job of lighting the path ahead IMO. A lot better than 14c.Ā 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

I miss the USB port too - I used to ride a 14c. For what it's worth, the 16b's built in light is pretty bright and does a good job of lighting the path ahead IMO. A lot better than 14c.Ā 

I am sure its good for slow riding. But when you ride faster, you need to see whats further ahead of you. Ive installed a 2600lm light on my 14 incher. Ā Anything less than that is not enough light in my opinion.

Do you guys think it's a good time to purchase a ks16? Or their still some kinks that needs to be worked on? Hearing problems with heating issue, firmware, excessive noise.

On 29.5.2016 at 6:00 AM, vido said:

What's the min/max psi? And do you have a dedicated front and back or you just ride which ever way you first step foot on the ks?

Don't know about the tire pressures, but at least I noticed that the lights change between "back and front" depending which way the wheel is moving (ie. the light pointing towards where the wheel is moving will show white light, and the other will show red). The pedals seem to be the same either way, so I don't think it has a real "front or back". I rode the unit I had on loan with the power-button and "the other" (Bluetooth-button?) facing front, but probably it doesn't matter.

Ā 

13 hours ago, Cloud said:

I am sure its good for slow riding. But when you ride faster, you need to see whats further ahead of you. Ive installed a 2600lm light on my 14 incher. Ā Anything less than that is not enough light in my opinion.

Sounds like "enough" :DĀ The light I'm planning to use has around 2000-3000 lumen too (Led-light withĀ 20W actual light power, but burns so much off as heat, that it's listed as 125W total. Seller claims 3000 lumen, I'm a bit skeptic).

8 minutes ago, vido said:

Do you guys think it's a good time to purchase a ks16? Or their still some kinks that needs to be worked on? Hearing problems with heating issue, firmware, excessive noise.

There's supposedly a firmware update coming somewhere around this week (the release date was said to be 31st, but hopefully they'll rather push-back the release than release it half-baked, if there are still issues / testing isn't complete), that should fix some issues (exactly what, I don't know).

Didn't notice any excessive noise, and it didn't overheat on me (but then again, I didn't push it + I'm low weight). Plus I rode in very windy conditions with a full-face helmet, so it's not like I could have heard it if there wasĀ any noise, barely heard the beeps when the wind died down for a bitĀ ;)Ā Ā Mostly I'm concerned whether there are / will be firmware issues, but let's hope not. Either way, probably going to get one for this summer :P

5 minutes ago, esaj said:

Ā 

Sounds like "enough" :DĀ The light I'm planning to use has around 2000-3000 lumen too (Led-light withĀ 20W actual light power, but burns so much off as heat, that it's listed as 125W total. Seller claims 3000 lumen, I'm a bit skeptic).

There's supposedly a firmware update coming somewhere around this week (the release date was said to be 31st, but hopefully they'll rather push-back the release than release it half-baked, if there are still issues / testing isn't complete), that should fix some issues (exactly what, I don't know).

Yeah most sellers inflate the lumens. Most lights i bought are nowhere near the claimed luminance levels. The one i am using though look pretty bright and actually might be close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151791097623?

Ā 

about the firmware update. Can the firmware be updated on the unit purchased earlier?

Ā 

Yea I've been waiting since it first appeared ? hopefullyĀ it doesn't disappoint. Ā Wonder if they could add more pattern options for the side lights ?

Did ks in general always haveĀ some sort of heating issue or is it new to the 16"?

9 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yeah most sellers inflate the lumens. Most lights i bought are nowhere near the claimed luminance levels. The one i am using though look pretty bright and actually might be close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151791097623?

Pretty nice. The one's I've got are these:Ā http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-125W-3000LM-Cree-U7-Car-Motorcycles-LED-Fog-Light-DRL-Blue-Circle-Universal-LED-Driving/32462932543.htmlĀ  I have those inĀ white, green and red, except I ordered white + red at first, they sent me green + red,Ā then the red one died almost immediately , and I complained, so finally after enough bitching (well, mostly their English was just so bad that they didn't understand when I simultaneously complained about wrong color & the other light dying)Ā they sent me a new white one... Anyway, yes, they're very bright, but I don't know if they're actually as bright as two car high-beams (which should be about 1000 lumen each, so 2000 lumens total,Ā at least on older cars). Not that I'm really concerned about the actual lumen-value, just that I can see ahead of me with them (and planning only adding one light, maybe with a diffuser,Ā two might be a bit excessive) ;)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the 125W must be a "comparison"-value (as much light as a 125W halogen or incandescent bulb?), the light would probably melt if 105W was dissipated as heat :D

Ā 

about the firmware update. Can the firmware be updated on the unit purchased earlier?

As far as I know, yes, unless it's some prototype-version? I recall there was some talk about KS16A vs. KS16B or something like that (prototype vs. production model), but don't know if the prototypes were actually ever sold to general public...

Ā 

7 minutes ago, vido said:

Yea I've been waiting since it first appeared ? hopefullyĀ it doesn't disappoint. Ā Wonder if they could add more pattern options for the side lights ?

Did ks in general always haveĀ some sort of heating issue or is it new to the 16"?

At least the KS18 has been reported to overheat on long climbs and such, but don't know about the 14-inch models

Ā 

6 minutes ago, esaj said:

Pretty nice. The one's I've got are these:Ā http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-125W-3000LM-Cree-U7-Car-Motorcycles-LED-Fog-Light-DRL-Blue-Circle-Universal-LED-Driving/32462932543.htmlĀ  I have those inĀ white, green and red, except I ordered white + red at first, they sent me green + red,Ā then the red one died almost immediately , and I complained, so finally after enough bitching (well, mostly their English was just so bad that they didn't understand when I simultaneously complained about wrong color & the other light dying)Ā they sent me a new white one... Anyway, yes, they're very bright, but I don't know if they're actually as bright as two car high-beams (which should be about 1000 lumen each, so 2000 lumens total,Ā at least on older cars). Not that I'm really concerned about the actual lumen-value, just that I can see ahead of me with them (and planning only adding one light, maybe with a diffuser,Ā two might be a bit excessive) ;)

Ā 

As far as I know, yes, unless it's some prototype-version? I recall there was some talk about KS16A vs. KS16B or something like that (prototype vs. production model), but don't know if the prototypes were actually ever sold to general public...

Ā 

At least the KS18 has been reported to overheat on long climbs and such, but don't know about the 14-inch models

Ā 

Nice lights. I wanted one that can feed off the usb port on the controller, and was not sure that a more powerful one woukd be ok, and that it wouldnt eat much of the euc battery, so i stayed with the one i linked. Its pretty bright, but anything less than that is nit enough light for me.

yes ks14 has overheating issues, probably more soĀ than 18".Ā I have an idea how to rectify it, which i have finalky decided to i plement. However my wheel is disabled right now. As soon as its fixed, i will try to see if i can resolve the overheating.

1 hour ago, vido said:

1) For me personally, firware version 1.18 is flawless, and see no reason to consider updating in the future. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The riders below that fw version should definitely update. Originally, the wheel came with 1.15 installed.

2) I have not had any heating issues at all. I recently spent 6 hours outdoors in 90F (32C) weather. The wheel internal temp only went up to about 54C during uphill climbing (I'm lightweight by the way), but would quickly go back down to the 40's after the climbs. When the wheel reaches about 50C internal temp the cooling fan turns on and you will know because in the phone app there is a message that pops up, which reads: "Refrigeration On" (will appear below the speedometer). In other words, I don't even need the cooling fan, but heavier riders might find it useful.

3) The noise is on the same level as the other King Song and Gotway models. Nothing different there. Personally, I never hear it while riding. Only when at a quiet stop (such at my house). Not audible in loud vehicular intersections.

Ā 

1 hour ago, vido said:

Which other EUCĀ do you own? Is the ks16 your favorite thus far?

My first wheel was Solowheel Xtreme, then a Gotway MCM4 (which I sold recently), then the KS-16.

The KS16 is better, by a lot. It is truly way above the competition. King Song does not fuck around. Their wheels deliver unrivaled quality and performance.

3 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

My first wheel was Solowheel Xtreme, then a Gotway MCM4 (which I sold recently), then the KS-16.

The KS16 is better, by a lot. It is truly way above the competition. King Song does not fuck around. Their wheels deliver unrivaled quality and performance.

It would be interesting to know in what way ks is superior than solowheel in quality. Can you please clarify?

I rode an old solowheel classik and hated it, but i though extreme was pretty high up there in quality.Ā Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

It would be interesting to know in what way ks is superior than solowheel in quality. Can you please clarify? Thanks

It's hard to explain. While not very photogenic, in person the KS-16 is actually a truly gorgeous wheel. It has a very premium feel that I didn't get from SW nor from GW. Actually, Gotway has a more cheapish feel than the other two wheels mentioned. KS-16 is just exotic!

The performance is also beyond the others. Even at 30% battery I was able to go full speed no problem. The GW starts choking as the battery gets lower. As for Solowheel, it looks like they have moved on and are not interested to improve their producs, while still massively overpricing them.

1 minute ago, edwin_rm said:

It's hard to explain. While not very photogenic, in person the KS-16 is actually a truly gorgeous wheel. It has a very premium feel that I didn't get from SW nor from GW. Actually, Gotway has a more cheapish feel than the other two wheels mentioned. KS-16 is just exotic!

The performance is also beyond the others. Even at 30% battery I was able to go full speed no problem. The GW starts choking as the battery gets lower. As for Solowheel, it looks like they have moved on and are not interested to improve their producs, while still massively overpricing them.

Ok now i understand. Actually KS16 looks wuite good to me in pics and videos. Ive never ridden it but my ks14" can usually maintain full speed with my 100kg even on 25% battery ( of course my battery is huge 840wh). Not sure how gotway behaves in this situation. I might go for a ks 16 as i feel like i need a second back up wheel! Lol. One of my wheels is currently disabled, and i just got a flat tire in the other, and i was going insane having to wait for a bus!!

Is there a battery percentage where the ks16 can not increase its speed? For example ninebot can not go faster then 8 mph when battery is 20% or lower; tilt back is activated.

Archived