How to disable this annoying "Hello Kingsong" on iOS?

OliverH

@tinawong  in this topic said that it  can be turned off  through app.

I love Kingsong KS16 and think it's one of the best EUC around, but I think that the "Hello Kingsong" message is actually USELESS. 

They added a useless message and removed the useful battery level meter on the top of the shell: INCREDIBLE !!! And also consider that it is one of the most expensive EUC on the market.

The price is justified because it's among the top performers and packed with features. But I agree the voice greeting is embarrassing and MUST be able to be turned off. The iOS app that allows this is still be approved in the App Store. The new app is already available through android though, so maybe borrow a friends phone if you don't have one. 

you can turn it off with the new KS App ... for iOS its still beta and not available atm ... hope they release it until mine arrives. 

if you have a friend with android you can visit him and turn it off on his phone.

also the firmware update dont seem to work on the current app, we also have to wait for the new one.

at appx 1:25  

My wife will kill me :( That's a really stupid and to much in volume message. The Firewheel message copied ("welcome to use your Firewheel"). But the Firewheel has much more messages and a diagnostic system also.

3 hours ago, Blunzn said:

you can turn it off with the new KS App ... for iOS its still beta and not available atm ... hope they release it until mine arrives. 

if you have a friend with android you can visit him and turn it off on his phone.

also the firmware update dont seem to work on the current app, we also have to wait for the new one.

at appx 1:25  

When there's a final version it needs at least one week to pass Apples App testing, if there no constrains with Apples developer guidelines. So it will be at least two weeks?  Project planing needs optimisation, that's Kan Ban/ Scrum with freestyle.

yes maybe, but it was posted a week ago. esiest way would be to visit a friend or family member with an android ... my ks16 arrives hopefully in a week so i keep my fingers crossed ...

44 minutes ago, Blunzn said:

yes maybe, but it was posted a week ago. esiest way would be to visit a friend or family member with an android ... my ks16 arrives hopefully in a week so i keep my fingers crossed ...

That's blasphemy ;) I used an Android to set my MSuper to madden mode. In between level calibrating it lost BT connection., totally unstable. No more any more :) 

" Hello King Song" sound can be turned off, you need to enter into app,and turn off the sound alert. Next time, when you power on, will not disturb by " Hello King Song". but pls note that at the same time, all voice boardcast like" over power"  will be mute as well. 

Just now, tinawong said:

" Hello King Song" sound can be turned off, you need to enter into app,and turn off the sound alert. Next time, when you power on, will not disturb by " Hello King Song". but pls note that at the same time, all voice boardcast like" over power"  will be mute as well. 

thank you for the info, do you have an approxiamate release date of the iOS app, and maybe info on the what changed in the firmware ?

It would be cool to have user uploadable voices like they have on Garmin GPS's.  I've uploaded a bunch of voices to my Garmin so I can hear Darth Vader give me instructions on how to get to my location (or Yoda or Dora the Explorer or Cookie Monster).  There should be a sub-menu in the app so you can check-mark different messages to be on/off and also to change the message to a user sound file.  That way people can customize things to their native languages as not everyone speaks English/Mandarin.

3 hours ago, tinawong said:

Can this be fixed in a later release?

- only disable the power on message

- set the volume of messages (or relative to the vehicle speed)

18 minutes ago, tinawong said:

IOS app we have finished in our side, but still need to release to Apple store, time is not confirmed yet :-)

Hope this new iOS app is compatible with iPAD screen resolution.

On 22.4.2016 at 11:09 AM, tinawong said:

IOS app we have finished in our side, but still need to release to Apple store, time is not confirmed yet :-)

Thanks for info. So usually a week or so.

When will there be a difference between enable/ disable of messages:

- start sound

- warnings

Will there be at any time the possibility to set the volume of the messages?

Will there by a dynamic volume rising? Speeding up the wheel and the messages are gettig more in volume.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone actually succeed in turning off the startup message? I got my KS14S today and took it for a 5km ride to unlock the speeds. I turned off the "voice controls" but I still managed to scare a bypassing old lady who thought I was addressing her when the wheel started to shout "HELLO KINGSONG! BLOODTOOTH IS OFF". :o

12 hours ago, Snurre said:

Did anyone actually succeed in turning off the startup message? I got my KS14S today and took it for a 5km ride to unlock the speeds. I turned off the "voice controls" but I still managed to scare a bypassing old lady who thought I was addressing her when the wheel started to shout "HELLO KINGSONG! BLOODTOOTH IS OFF". :o

Nope. I was under the impression that the latest firmware (1.05) allowed the greeting to be turned off, but it still says it loud and clear even after disabling it in the app :(

Archived