What do we know about King Song?

KaleOsaurusRex

You can write to Tina

She is very responsive

Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co. Ltd

Tel:+86 755-28197258  Fax:+86 755-28094445 
Mobile:+86 150 1369 3941 
Email:tina@szkingsong.com 

Kevin Lee sells them internationally and is very good to deal with.

As far as I know they are very like a Gotway (same software) in the way they ride and the phone apps are interchangeable. 

Jason McNiel is about to start selling them alongside IPS and Ninebots in the UK.

Very interesting!

Didn't know they had an 18"... Its "only" 500W though.

And from the menu on the web site it looks like there is a 16"'er comming too. Might be tempted to get one of those.

If they would make an optional 260Wh pack for the 14" that can be divided into 2 x 130Wh packs it would be a great wheel to take on commercial flights!
Remove battery, separate into two 130Wh packs and put them in your hand baggage. The wheel itself could go in the suit case :)

There's some reviews and stuff on this forum about King Song.  Search for it.

​I am still looking for a review of a KingSong that is more then just the name and the hint that some parts from the same company where GotWay have there parts from.

A compare GW KS would be the best you can get.

Can it be better the GW or is just the deal better for resellers profit?

Or is the service better from KS (because GW service is not the best you can have)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone get one of these yet? 

I'll receive my first EUC a King Song 14c 340wh tomorrow and try to tell u guys about it in 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'll see if I can meet up  with ^tom^ so we can compare it to the GW

I'll receive my first EUC a King Song 14c 340wh tomorrow and try to tell u guys about it in 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'll see if I can meet up  with ^tom^ so we can compare it to the GW

​Dude are you still out riding?! How is it!

I got it! Made a short trip with it to the gas station to put up my tire pressure (2.8bar now,  maybe still not enough? I feel like my 90kg push down on it a lot).

I can't say much about it yet - you'll have to wait a little. But so far: The wheel feels great and very comfortable. The app (kingsong) is working and so is the wheel :) It smells funny but I think that will go away after a few days. I'm charging it right now using the battery doctor so i'll be able to make some statements about the battery as well. Maybe I can already take it for a longer drive tonight...

Security wise:

Tried out: High speeds - at 22 kmh there is a 1 beep warning, at 25kmh a 2 beep warning and a tilt back. Didnt try to push any further, but I felt like the tilt back was very comfortable and not intrusive. The slow down to stay on 25kmh felt very natural.

Didnt try out: Low battery: appartently there is a tilt back that forces you to get off the KS. I'll try to find out in the next few days.

I'll be in vacation in France for almost 2 weeks, so there will be no news. I do try to find a space in the car for my KS though and drive it as much as I can.

Made a short trip with it to the gas station to put up my tire pressure (2.8bar now,  maybe still not enough? I feel like my 90kg push down on it a lot).

That sounds a bit low, but then again, I'm only 57kg... I ride with around 4bar or little over myself, but it might be a bit too much already, and I probably will lower it... the tire doesn't give in almost at all, and riding over bumps, pinecones and whatever else there sometimes is on the roads, really feels on the pedals and my legs, as the tire doesn't absorb the shock much. Probably the best way to find correct pressure for your riding style and preference is simply by testing different pressures. ;)

Did my first short trip - straight up the next hill

318m elevation from 632 to 817 then down again. Was a nice little trip, I took it slow and removed the strap just before returning home. Felt much better without it. I'm not sure how much of my battery that took (while climbing it showed 4 out of 10 bars towards the end, on top of the hill without climbing 8/10). I'll update those numbers from charge doctor once its charged again. (edit: recharged 113wh)

Love that wheel! I'll try to take it to France and write more about it after my vacation. As I mentioned - I can't really compare it to anything except for a solowheel that I drove for 30 mins once :)

Stei Trip 6 Juli 15.JPG

Stei Trip 6 Juli 15 - 2.JPG

Is this from the KingSong app? What app did you use to get this data?

No, this is from Runtastic. The KingSong app will give you information about voltage, km driven ect, as well as some settings. I'll go out with my wheel in a few minutes and make a few screen shots to show you.

edit: Those 2 pictures show the KingSong app (fyi in the circle is the speed in kmh)

KS basic functions.png

KS Basic settings.png

Didnt try out: Low battery: appartently there is a tilt back that forces you to get off the KS. I'll try to find out in the next few days.

This is what I'm most curious about. Can't wait to read the result! Be safe you pioneer.

Mine is on its way :D

KS are about to release their 800W, special edition, sustained power versions. This is not simply a matter of pumping more current into the existing motor, but will possess a completely new one, & a tweaked control-board to harness this 50% increase in performance.

They've made the [sensible] decision to package this upgrade only with a 64cell pack—either 520Wh or 680Wh flavours.

We, Wheelgo.com are their launch, or guinea-pig, customer & are planning on doing a comparative review the day the new Wheels arrive.

I got mine! Just posted the unboxing video and a couple observations; I'll link it here.

ElectricUnicycleReviews.com King Song KS-14C 520wh Unboxing Video

I've been riding around for a few miles so far, and it has a lot more power than anything I've used before. I'm enjoying it a whole lot. I'll post around when I have more detail for you guys.

Gotway 14" MCM2s 340Wh

What does your 14" Gotway uni sound like? The 14" King Song makes a sustained and not unsatisfying... electrical buzz or hum sound. You can actually hear it on a video I saw in the King Song section now that I know what it sounds like.

Archived