What do we know about King Song?

KaleOsaurusRex

Just tried it on both my M10's and my M18 and couldn't connect to either even when I selected them manually so it doesn't look like it works.

Pity it would have been nice if the speedo is a little more accurate.

Hi @Jason McNeil,

thanks for your instant help!!

The app works fine on my phone (oppo Find7, Android 5.0) and connects to my GW Msuper Gen2. Shows speed, temperature, voltage & current, but "Mileage" shows 0.0 km (maybe it's the trip counter - can't try right now).

The wheel confirms switching between "Agressive", "Comfort" and "Soft" modes, but shows an advertisement for Kingsong advanced functions when selecting "Senior". It asks me to contact the company - do I have to submit a birth certificate before it's enabled? :D 

You had better luck than me then.

Maybe I'll try again. It just kept saying failed to connect on all of them.

I followed a hint earlier to get the GW 4.0 app working and set language on my phone to US english. Could be that the Kingsong app is just as picky with the language settings.

Being as I'm in the UK I'm already set to English. But thanks for the tip.

Before asking a Brit to switch language settings to "english (United States)", which I know borders on treason ;), I checked: the Kingsong app connects with both US and UK setting. Sorry mate, no further ideas...

Very strange! I just tried again on US English as well as UK English and my second M10 connects and works as you said with all bar the mileage. The other M10 and M18 just won't connect though.

I tried the one that does connect and went up and down the drive at a registered 14 kph and then switched apps back and forth between Gotway and KingSong and in my opinion they both are set about the same so I would guess the KingSong reads about 3kph overspeed as well.

I tried the one that does connect and went up and down the drive at a registered 14 kph and then switched apps back and forth between Gotway and KingSong and in my opinion they both are set about the same so I would guess the KingSong reads about 3kph overspeed as well.

My guess would be that the mainboard firmware reports the speed directly (as in kph-number) to the app over Bluetooth instead of motor RPM, so the speed inflation occurs already in the mainboard software when it's calculating the speed from motor RPM.

Senior is not a mode, but gives you access to "advanced functions" - Which isn't really advanced functions but some help menus to give instruction for BT connection, Calibration and riding mode

I cannot say if the speed readings are accurate with the app - I cant really compare it to anything while driving. But according to Runtastic I get a max speed of about 26kmh (guess i accelerated too fast for the wheel to tilt back in time), and the app shows 22 kmh when the beeps start.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Niko, i will list the difference between 14B and 14C

speed limit 25km/h      30km/h can be adjustable 

Mileage 18-30km        depend on your battery (3 different kind)

Power 500W               500W or 800W

size, just the thickness is different 164mm           190mm

Net Weight   11kg       13.5kg

Those are the main difference between them.

High'tems obliges me to respond :) 

Our company will start to import it in Europe. We also can send it in every country around France with free shipping.

Our company, WheelGo has been selling eWheels for over a year and half, we were the first to stock/distribute King Song in Europe, & also ship to all countries in the EU. All products that we offer are thorough evaluated & tested for quality, prices are inclusive of European VAT + duty.  

http://www.wheelgo.com/product/king-song-800w-ewheel-exclusive/

@Niko, i will list the difference between 14B and 14C

speed limit 25km/h      30km/h can be adjustable 

Mileage 18-30km        depend on your battery (3 different kind)

Power 500W               500W or 800W

size, just the thickness is different 164mm           190mm

Net Weight   11kg       13.5kg

Those are the main difference between them.

Thanks! I guess that means 14C has a swappable battery and 14B hasn't?  

KS are about to release their 800W, special edition, sustained power versions. This is not simply a matter of pumping more current into the existing motor, but will possess a completely new one, & a tweaked control-board to harness this 50% increase in performance.

They've made the [sensible] decision to package this upgrade only with a 64cell pack—either 520Wh or 680Wh flavours.

We, Wheelgo.com are their launch, or guinea-pig, customer & are planning on doing a comparative review the day the new Wheels arrive.

I ordered the King Song 800w/680wh on 8/19/15 and they said it will arrive in 2 weeks. It should be a beast- maximum speed of 35kph, "it can keep abreast with most cycle traffic &  cover an incredible 50-60km at a leisurely 25kph cruising speed."   Once I learn how to ride it, I'll be posting stats. One feature that really got me was the King Song allows the rider to set the maximum speed & audible warnings through the Bluetooth connected mobile App. Hell, yeah.

Any model's price please contact us.

Your Sincerely,
Alvin Wang
Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co., Ltd 
www.szkingsong.com 
Hi-Tech manufacturer specializing in One/two wheels self-balancing scooters located Shenzhen city.
E-Mail: alvin@szkingsong.com
Cellphone(What's App): +86 181 0250 6990 
Tel: 0755-2819 7258   ext:  811
Fax: 0755-2809 4445
Add: 2nd Floor,Bld. 4,Shanghenglang 3rd Industrial Zone, Dalang  Street,Longhua, Shenzhen, China

Archived