Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S

onkeldanuel

Very interesting, maybe in the long run a wheel with a well thought out suspension - although with 4 shocks (or what it is)  it can add up to problems? Exciting.   Also interesting how this wheel will be dealt with when it needs to be serviced; tire change. hmmn..  :)

8 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I like this kind of development. Clearly they have noticed the sales numbers of Lynx and chase that market. If this has a good seat option and adjustable pedal height out of the box, this could be a really interesting option for those looking to buy the Lynx. Mine arrives next week and had this been on sale earlier, I’d seriously consider this instead. 

That colour is a bit boring but at least it’s something new and different. 

This is a prototype color. The lynx prototype was blue ish too. I doubt the final product will look like this (please no orange KingSong 🙏🙏).

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

This is a prototype color. The lynx prototype was blue ish too. I doubt the final product will look like this (please no orange KingSong 🙏🙏).

Also preferably no shiny plastics.. All black matte would be the best.

Or even carbon fiber look would be good. Handlebars could have some color.. I personally would like dark red. But KingSong color is orange, so naturally something gonna be orange. :D 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Funky said:

Also preferably no shiny plastics.. All black matte would be the best.

Or even carbon fiber look would be good. Handlebars could have some color.. I personally would like dark red. But KingSong color is orange, so naturally something gonna be orange. :D 

Wait a minute. Are you now willing to go over to the darkside (heavy wheel)? Otherwise, why would you care about the F22, nevermind the colour scheme.  These suckers are in the 90 lbs range. 😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

the russian tg group instead mentions 136V 3000WH according to ecodrift (i guess you referring to this right?)

32 cells x 4.2 V = 134.4 V

32 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 5P = 2960 Wh.

5P?

Not knowing more at this point in time, I would place my bet on 151.2 V by 2700 Wh configuration. 

The Lynx is currently the hot selling performance wheel. Kingsong wants to steal market share in the performance category with the F22. I would surmise that by putting in a 134.4 V system, it would make the uphill even more difficult. 

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

32 cells x 4.2 V = 134.4 V

32 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 5P = 2960 Wh.

5P?

Not knowing more at this point in time, I would place my bet on 151.2 V by 2700 Wh configuration. 

The Lynx is currently the hot selling performance wheel. Kingsong wants to steal market share in the performance category with the F22. I would surmise that by putting in a 134.4 V system, it would make the uphill even more difficult. 

Voltage is all over the place with this wheel i also heard 126 and 136V. It would be surprising to not see at least 151V if KingSong wants to compete against the Lynx/ET max category 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

Ok, putting aside the fact that KS cannot make a high performance wheel, let along a wheel that can survive some decent jumps or drops (or even update firmware without bricking), are they really putting the shocks in the highest impact areas of an EUC? The top right and top left corners are almost always the hardest impact areas in a fall... 

4 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

Ok, putting aside the fact that KS cannot make a high performance wheel, let along a wheel that can survive some decent jumps or drops (or even update firmware without bricking), are they really putting the shocks in the highest impact areas of an EUC? The top right and top left corners are almost always the hardest impact areas in a fall... 

whalesmash,

you are partially correct about KS perhaps not making a high performance wheel,  but how do you explain shibby time and his antics with the S22,  which he always trashes, repairs, and trashes again and again... im not disputing what you are saying directly, but there are riders out there whom i think would dispute your statement about the ruggedness of some of KS's eucs...

3 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

Controller-wise, who knows. There is no denying that their track record with the S22/Pro was disappointing, though.

Having said that, Kingsong seems to have learn some lessons from the S22 and competitors's wheels, and took the good ideas and put them in the F22.

I am liking the front and rear crash bars. They look substantial, especially the front.

I own an S22. From a crashworthiness point of view, I think it is competitive. The main structure looks OK to me. Yeah, the front plastic lift handle looks cheap on the S22/Pro. From the images we see, the F22 looks to be even tougher. Those suspension struts are structural members. The battery boxes are well protected.

35 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

You are welcome to learn Cantonese or Mandarin and communicate with them!

40 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Having said that, Kingsong seems to have learn some lessons from the S22 ...

Yep, get the prototype tested by a large Russian in China instead of an American YTuber who will burn it to a crisp then splash it all over the internet.

I wish they would give the RBGs a miss. I couldn't comprehend why they had the extra appendage at the rear especially as the front bumper/grab handle looks so well thought out. Why not have the same at the rear? Then when looking at the Russian on the stairs I noticed the flashing RBG on the rear appendage.

5 minutes ago, Whalesmash said:

I'm all for it if they can turn it around, it's just that after two or three years of this S20/22/Pro nonsense, I have zero faith in KS to produce a competitive high performance wheel. I hope they prove me wrong.

2cells1pack had an interesting video when they went with Jack to KS. It sounded like KS was completely jerked around by the landlord and were shuffling their production from building to building the last couple of years. So KS were moving their factory to a new location when Jack and 2cells visited. Hopefully KS can get their focus back on the product.

• Like 1

This portion of a spec sheet was shared on the Telegram group yesterday in Chinese, I have translated the text to English below:

King Song F22 specs (Chinese)

King Song F22 specs (English)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavidB said:

Yep, get the prototype tested by a large Russian in China instead of an American YTuber who will burn it to a crisp then splash it all over the internet.

That's not why I am a bit gun-shy buying a newly release Kingsong as my next wheel.

I know what happened there. And it is not it.

It is from my S22 ownership experience, and how it is worse than my ownership experiences with my V12, and dare I say Abrams. Actually, on hindsight, after owning it and riding it, the Abrams is a well made wheel. There was only a hiccup initially that wasn't addressed properly and got out of hand. 

Darn. Too heavy. They're all too heavy for me.

I am still terrified hearing about all'y'all going 50 mph on these things. 

(why do I feel like @Funky all the sudden?)

Good thing my first batch (but miraculously factory pinned) weak mobo crap slider design cheap damper bad bolts too much locktite can't be taken swimming wheel just keeps going and going. I'm actually glad it went a$$ over teakettle down the side of a mountain cuz that tore off the useless trolley handle... it took 40 minutes to push it back up to the trail but continues without repair to this day. KS has been better with their product launches of late (and I'm not sure they could have gotten any worse so getting better isn't saying much), but they will likely always hold the undisputed title of most spectacular demo wheel fire.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, techyiam said:

That's not why I am a bit gun-shy buying a newly release Kingsong as my next wheel.

I know what happened there. And it is not it.

It is from my S22 ownership experience, and how it is worse than my ownership experiences with my V12, and dare I say Abrams. Actually, on hindsight, after owning it and riding it, the Abrams is a well made wheel. There was only a hiccup initially that wasn't addressed properly and got out of hand. 

Man you were really unlucky with your Wheelchoice in the past 

11 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

Man you were really unlucky with your Wheelchoice in the past 

Actually, I don't see it that way. It was strictly by choice, other than the V12.

I bought the V12 based on what I read online, heard from batch one owners, and seeing one in person, and riding one. I bought a so-called batch 2, but now I come to realize that it was really a batch 1. So, I was somewhat misled due to my naïveté (being a somewhat new rider). Batch one is usually an inadequate small batch, insufficient to provide data that is statistically meaningful.

However, I bought the S22 and the Abrams with both eyes open, and knowing full well that they were condemned wheels. I bought them with heavy discounts about a year or more after they were released. All the issues were known to me at the time of purchase.

So that is not it.

I have over 10,000 kilometres each on the V12 and Abrams. I think they are great wheels, and I don't regret buying them.

In fact, after the ownership experience, I am somewhat favourably biased towards Inmotion and Veteran wheels.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Darn. Too heavy. They're all too heavy for me.

I used think like that.

But after having ridden for more than 10,000 km's on an Abrams, all the below 22" wheels don't feel that unwieldy anymore. Of course, I don't lift them.

Surprisingly, it is amazing what our bodies can adapt to.

• Like 1

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to Kingsong King-F22 , the King of High Performance | 155.4V 20" 2738Wh 50S