Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

The sharpest-corneredst and sharpest-edgedst EUC ever made.... I really wouldnt want to have that thing tumble and slam into me from behind after a cutout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

The sharpest-corneredst and sharpest-edgedst EUC ever made.... I really wouldnt want to have that thing tumble and slam into me from behind after a cutout. 

That's quite a take right there, I'm not seeing what you are seeing and there exists wheels with much sharper features.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

That's quite a take right there, I'm not seeing what you are seeing and there exists wheels with much sharper features.

https://images.app.goo.gl/FxdBF3ZcEm6vbFVe8

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the Blitz as a lower-cost competitor to the Lynx that more riders (like me) might be able to afford.

Regarding the sharp corners on the Commander GT Pro linked in @fbhb's post above:

Edited by litewave

If you've been reading my thoughts earlier in this thread, I think you already know what I think is the "problem" here, so no need to beart a dead horse. That is, unless you want to 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I asked Mr. Lin [BG owner] about the decision to use a C32 motor on the Blitz, he provided a detailed explanation on why their Engineering team choose this motor spec The proof will be in the results of the circuit :)

1. It's a race wheel, with a need for speed.  Even though the width is a C32, supports higher current output limits 
2. The rim we uses upgraded materials & processing methods, making the rim stronger than any other [BG] Wheel 
3. Motor silicone seal is 5mm vs 3mm on the earlier model  
4. The motor is 2 kg lighter than the Et Max. This decreases inertia lag, for flexible and faster acceleration and braking.
5. The [effective] power not only depends on the rated output, also the weight & controller output limits, under certain conditions and so on   
5. Addition of a motor temperature sensor for improved ride-safety
6. Phase wires upgraded from a 3mm cross-section on the Master, to 3.5mm on the Blitz 

I hope to be able to see these claims on a real track tested by trusted people. I congratulate Begode for giving much more attention to safety issues and improving general quality. Even lighting has been improved. That is extremely impressive 😍🤩🥰 🥳 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

I asked Mr. Lin [BG owner] about the decision to use a C32 motor on the Blitz, he provided a detailed explanation on why their Engineering team choose this motor spec The proof will be in the results of the circuit :)

1. It's a race wheel, with a need for speed.  Even though the width is a C32, supports higher current output limits 
2. The rim we uses upgraded materials & processing methods, making the rim stronger than any other [BG] Wheel 
4. The motor is 2 kg lighter than the Et Max. This decreases inertia lag, for flexible and faster acceleration and braking.
5. The [effective] power not only depends on the rated output, also the weight & controller output limits, under certain conditions and so on   
6. Phase wires upgraded from a 3mm cross-section the Master, to 3.5mm on the Blitz 

In other words, a C32 motor was selected primarily for weight saving reasons to reduce inertia and polar moment of inertia.

However, this particular C32 motor will still meet performance design points, and other considerations.

The proof will be in the pudding, regarding the performance claim.

Makes sense that the Controller will output up to 350A max (higher limit than the highest till today right?)....a C32 will need more Amps in the low-end than an C38 for example to my limited knowledge

So probably it can match C38 Torque in all this combination (or almost) and will be way faster 

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

The smaller voltage will require higher current hence the 350A stated to give the power. This in turn will increase the resistance and heat (hence the requirement for heat sensor in motor ( although most wheels have this nowadays)).

The balancing act will be if the weight saving and the 0.5mm thicker wires will offset the increase in resistance. As stated above I'm sure the engineers have optimised this so I would expect this motor to be at least on par with their bigger and heavier brethren. But proof will be in the pudding. Don't write this motor off yet. (Especially in cooler climates).

Resistance in wires.jpg

Edited by The Brahan Seer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

6. Phase wires upgraded from a 3mm cross-section on the Master, to 3.5mm on the Blitz 

Damn! It was cross sectional not diameter so need to correct the numbers.

That 3,5^2mm vs 3^2mm means potentially 12,6% more current. If magnet width is directly proportional to torque 33mm -> 38mm is 15% more 33mm->40mm 21%.

Begode Blitz is the first wheel I could replace my current KS22Pro with. I ride mostly on trails, enough travel and the possibility to change Chinese shock for a high-quality one means a lot. In addition, low weight, lower inertia and adequate battery size. 14" rim And if you can fit a Shinko 241 in that...

In terms of performance, the wheel looks good. Test drives will tell the truth later.

Edited by okvp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, okvp said:

14" rim And if you can fit a Shinko 241 in that...

It ships with a 90/90-14 tubeless street tyre, so there will be NO problems fitting even the widest of knobby tyre i.e. Shinko SR241 & Shinko SR244!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, okvp said:

Damn! It was cross sectional not diameter so need to correct the numbers.

That 3,5^2mm vs 3^2mm means potentially 12,6% more current. If magnet width is directly proportional to torque 33mm -> 38mm is 15% more 33mm->40mm 21%.

Begode Blitz is the first wheel I could replace my current KS22Pro with. I ride mostly on trails, enough travel and the possibility to change Chinese shock for a high-quality one means a lot. In addition, low weight, lower inertia and adequate battery size. 14" rim And if you can fit a Shinko 241 in that...

In terms of performance, the wheel looks good. Test drives will tell the truth later.

Do we know if it is just the phase wires going from the controller to the motor, or the winding wires as well? I wonder if Begode even knows/would tell us if it was the windings. 

2 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

but listening to people as a device maker has its limits and could also be a disservice to innovation.

Begode has made a lot of stupid decisions that could of been prevented by listening to the community. Like designing their own shocks rather than change the geometry to use existing shocks and using their full listed travel. 

did not identify any serious racer in this thread having issues with the wheel specs wise.

I would kind of consider myself a serious racer. I practice twice a week.  Due to the remoteness of where I live, I mainly compete on the t race global list (https://t-raceglobal.com/) so not sure if I'm still a racer. 

I've never had a issue with the weight of my ex30 which is 15kg heavier than the blitz. You feel it at the start but once you're going the wheel is easy to turn, accelerate and brake. 

This is on the short T race track (~128 metres) as well as the longer Chicago track (~350 metres), and feels right at home on a outdoor go-kart track (~1000 metres). 

The blitz is competing against the master v4 c40/50s as well as the lynx. 

The lynx feels sluggish so it's not a great short track wheel, would do ok at medium but best on the long tracks like they have in Spain. 

The master isn't as stable as speed, so better at short track and medium track. 

but I do believe that the Blitz will shine for street riding

I believe the blitz was designed for street riding / commuting and is being marketed as a racing wheel to build hype. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

couldn't find on the specs, does the Blitz come with adjustable pedal height?

Looks to be there from the pictures. Same method as the et max 

1 hour ago, jmsjms said:

I couldn't find on the specs, does the Blitz come with adjustable pedal height?

43 minutes ago, Eyss said:

Looks to be there from the pictures. Same method as the et max 

Begode confirmed pedals are NOT height adjustable

45 minutes ago, EMA said:

Begode confirmed pedals are NOT height adjustable

Right. I swear somebody mentioned it was height adjustable and there's extra holes that look like they could take the pedals, but maybe I got confused with height adjustable that you could just lower the pressure in the suspension 🙄

13 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

The smaller voltage will require higher current hence the 350A stated to give the power. This in turn will increase the resistance and heat (hence the requirement for heat sensor in motor ( although most wheels have this nowadays)).

The balancing act will be if the weight saving and the 0.5mm thicker wires will offset the increase in resistance. As stated above I'm sure the engineers have optimised this so I would expect this motor to be at least on par with their bigger and heavier brethren. But proof will be in the pudding. Don't write this motor off yet. (Especially in cooler climates).

I would like to see test data from bench testing especially BEMF at that rpm matching 50 mph. How much drag those few mm of extra magnet cause.

If this is a racing speedster, you don't need to have too much torque below 10 mph, since you start from 0 only once per race. 

Not sure how profitable it is to design racing wheels ... But just because this is not a wheel from me it doesn't mean it will not be successful. 
Very interesting placement of the display, I would destroy it at first crash.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

Do we know if it is just the phase wires going from the controller to the motor, or the winding wires as well? I wonder if Begode even knows/would tell us if it was the windings. 

For sure they ment the Phase wires..

On 7/14/2024 at 9:57 AM, Jason McNeil said:

If anyone is wondering, This is not the first time the cross section has been increased on Begode motors. The EX30 C40 motor has a 4mm cross section.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have probably reached the point where the Blitz will be tried as my next wheel.  It's the closest I'll get to an RS19, so we'll see. But: Where to buy? Has anyone from Europe bought anything from this shop? https://www.eucshop.lt/en/home/347-begode-blitz.html I ask because in this shop they offer Blitz for only 2650 Euro / approx. $2430 . It is improbably cheap compared to other places, and even lower price that ewheels advertises.  And sometimes something is too good to be good. Therefore, does anyone have experience? (they require payment of the entire amount up front, and then you are like f****d if the item never arrives anyway)

• Like 1