Commander GT PRO+ | 168V 20" 4440Wh | Bigger battery version of the Commander GT PRO

34 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Sorry, been extra busy these past couple weeks... News update on the GT PRO project: there's a new variant, the GT PRO+, in about 6 weeks, to address some of these early preproduction deficiencies:

Confirmed Upgrades:
- 4400wh!!!
- C38 Tile Motor (Sames as ET Max)
- Tubless rim
- SKF Bearings
- Tire same as ET Max
- LED Ambient Lights
- 20A Charging
- 55kg weight
- XT90 + 10AWG wire between control board and distribution board

Working on:
- Better water seal for top of motherboard tray
- better water seal for battery cables

image(39).thumb.png.2b3b715eb17f965cb4801aa0fb42c0c6.png

image(40).thumb.png.70b9c61076d450fbff5f858d593cb25b.png

2024-03-1309_57_25.thumb.jpg.05a589df0bd1152255655fd0e26d6621.jpg

A lot more interesting of an EUC with the bigger 4400Wh battery.

Time will tell what the internals actually look like, but assuming everything is in an acceptable state, this wheel would be in a class of its own and be a lot more interesting to me than the ET MAX mostly because of the wide batteries + bigger capacity.

Is the GT Pro dead on arrival with this announcement? :roflmao:

Edited by xiiijojjo

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Sorry, been extra busy these past couple weeks... News update on the GT PRO project: there's a new variant, the GT PRO+, in about 6 weeks, to address some of these early preproduction deficiencies:

Confirmed Upgrades:
- 4400wh!!!
- Tubless rim
- SKF Bearings
- Tire same as ET Max
- LED Ambient Lights
- 20A Charging
- 55kg weight

Working on:

Thanks @Jason McNeil. Absolute beast of a wheel! The ET MAX tire is a welcome addition a, this tire rocks! Having led lights is also nice! 

Hoping the front and back handles design will be improved too. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

4400Wh (shouldn't it be 4440Wh?), nice!!

-

Offtopic: for anybody getting confused (I sure was) - Extreme Bull wheels with "Commander" in the name

• Latest "18-20" inch wheels: Commander GT 2400Wh (134V 4p), its higher voltage upgrade Commander GT Pro 3000Wh (168V 4p), and a bigger battery version of that in the Commander GT Pro+ 4440Wh (168V 6p).
  • Older "18-20" inch wheels: Commander Pro 3600Wh (134V 6p), which is named after the original Commander 3600Wh (no suspension, 100V, 8p).
  • Also a "16 inch" wheel: Commander Mini 2400Wh (134V 4p).
Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Confirmed Upgrades:
- 4400wh!!!
- Tubless rim
- SKF Bearings
- Tire same as ET Max
- LED Ambient Lights
- 20A Charging
- 55kg weight

Working on:

Looks like a worthy upgrade. Like many of us, I wish they had done this from the beginning, but I'm glad they are making improvements on it. We finally have our very first 168v long range cruiser wheel now 😊

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to Commander GT PRO+ | 168V 20" 4440Wh | Bigger battery version of the Commander GT PRO

Looks like the same battery side cases. I wonder if this was planned all along? Also looks like that is actually a C40 motor with a 80/90 tire so clearance should be better than we see in these pictures.

4 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Hoping the front and back handles design will be improved too. 

They really need to make better handles, I agree.

I think the best handles are the wide ones to easily fit a large hand and cylindrical for a more comfortable grip. 

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Also looks like that is actually a C40

image.png.33c4d28abcff254974a8b0c7b8effa4f.png

I wonder if the 3000wh version is just using spacers in the battery housings like the Master Pro X and they were designed all along for a 6P configuration. This would make sense since the battery housings are so chonky compared to the ET Max. 

Let's talk more about the cell arrangement...

Starting with the ET Max as a simple reference... Each of the 4 sub packs are 1p with the cells arranged 20 high, 2 deep, 1 wide. This gives 720wh x 4 sub-packs = 2,880wh (rounded to 3,000wh).  

Looking at pictures of the GT Pro(+), the sub-packs are clearly 2 cells wide. This would mean room for double the amount of cells (8p and 5,760wh)...

However the regular GT Pro is 4p, and the GT Pro+ is 6p, meaning the plus model would still have 2p empty (unless the sub-packs are <20 cells high).

Can anyone confirm the physical cell arrangement of this platform (regular or plus version)?

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1

This is going to be the killer version of the GT Pro. For the smaller version, stick with the ET Max :)

One thing (among many) that excites me about this wheel is that it's fairly close in capacity to the Master Pro but in a much more compact and manageable body, IMO. I LOVE the Master Pro, but whew, it's big!

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 7:07 AM, Marty Backe said:

whew, it's big!

I am always struck by the seemingly crazy pedal height of the Master Pro whenever I see somebody riding it. It must have the tallest pedals of any EUC on the market right now, by a huge margin (with a normal 30-40% sag).

Edited by mhpr262

9 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I am always struck by the seemingly crazy pedal height of the Master Pro whenever I see somebody riding it. It must have the tallest pedals of any EUC on the market right now, by a huge margin (with a normal 30-40% sag).

Very true. I ride mine with the pedals in the lowest position

Over 55kg is massive. While I could use the battery capacity for my long multi-day tours (which are my favourite use case for EUCs) I couldnt lift this wheel in and out of trains without risking a serious back injury. IMHO the 48kg of my EX20 are the uppermost limit of what is feasible in that regard, at least in Germany. The floor of the trains here is sometimes two and a half to three feet above the level of the platform, and you have to climb three or four very narrow and steep steps while carrying your wheel to board the train or, much worse, to get off the train.

If you want a 20'' wheel, suspension and a decently powerful motor then a 3.600Wh battery seems to be the limit if you want a weight well below 50kg, at least with current battery and motor technology. With solid state batteries and axial flux outrunner motors we could probably have 20'', 3.600Wh suspension wheels below 40 kilograms!

Edited by mhpr262

• 3 weeks later...

132lbs.   Ugh.

I do have this wheel on preorder.  I am only 140lbs myself. I may need to re-access my choice.  

Edited by Paradox

On 4/25/2024 at 1:01 AM, Paradox said:

I do have this wheel on preorder.  I am only 140lbs myself. I may need to re-access my choice.  

I'd love to get your opinion on the wheel. I weigh 150lbs myself... and I'm considering buying either this wheel or the Master Pro (which is slightly lighter!). 

This wheel seems more compact (maybe I'm wrong) and more comparable to the EX-20s (my current wheel) in terms of form factor. 

So excited!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1