2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Additional rotational mass reduces zippiness.

Great news.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Would love it if an EUC manufacturer started using magnesium alloy for the motor. Not as tough as steel, but much lighter.
Would be good on a non-suspension wheel where the use-case doesn't involve jumping or stairs. 

Why non-suspension only? Not everybody is jumping, riding stairs, just because they got suspension wheel..

If nothing else magnesium motor would be better on suspension wheel, as you got suspension which would eat up all harsh bumps/knocks. That otherwise would be harsher on non-suspension wheel. (Harsher on motor itself..)

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Why non-suspension only? Not everybody is jumping, riding stairs, just because they got suspension wheel..

Suspension adds weight and encourages rim-damaging activities.
Nothing wrong with suspension, but if you want the lightest wheel, it's not going to have suspension.

A magnesium alloy motor could be considered for light suspension wheels, but rim toughness is going to be an issue.
Riders don't acknowledge manufacturer disclaimers, so there will be people who buy a magnesium alloy rim and complain when it shatters after a Shibby-style big air jump.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Suspension adds weight and encourages rim-damaging activities.
Nothing wrong with suspension, but if you want the lightest wheel, it's not going to have suspension.

A magnesium alloy motor could be considered for light suspension wheels, but rim toughness is going to be an issue.
Riders don't acknowledge manufacturer disclaimers, so there will be people who buy a magnesium alloy rim and complain when it shatters after a Shibby-style big air jump.

Meh.. I would not even ride off curb with S22, just because of my heavy ass.. Simply for a fact that i know i'm heavy and don't want to damage the wheel. :D 

Same goes with Falcon. And if i'm gonna remove the pads anyways - there will be no jumping involved. 

Also no-one is stopping people from riding stairs/jumping with non-suspension wheels. All i was saying is that fragile motor is better on suspension wheel than non one. Because suspension will absorb all harsh bumps.. No-one was talking about will or not user gonna listen to manufacturer disclaimers. Any wheel can be jumped and ridden on stairs even Mten4. :D Real question is how big of a jump, or how big stairs..

Edited by Funky

Do any of the testers know if field weakening or any of the other modes e.g. race/offroad will be available for this wheel? I would be more than happy to trade some low end torque for more top end headroom. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Paradox said:

From Telegram.image.thumb.png.d9e69592ea8a9c084067ff87d252ebaf.png

Yes the mighty Marty also has one. Can't wait to watch it. :)

I do wonder who will do a tire change first on YouTube.. Or put it under water for some time (30min - 1hour), followed by disassembly video showing if there is any water ingress. (All done in same video.. Without cuts.)

@Marty Backe Maybe wanna try it?

Video idea. Nudge nudge, wink wink. :efee8319ab:

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

We paid extra to have the 5A chargers included as standard.

Why do Begode need to be paid more to include standard equipment other PEV manufacturers include by default?

34 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

Why do Begode need to be paid more to include standard equipment other PEV manufacturers include by default?

The Falcon is currently listed for $1599 USD at ewheels.com. 

It should be straightforward for you then to name euc's that are priced $1599 USD or less and have 5A charging. 

45 minutes ago, techyiam said:

It should be straightforward for you then to name euc's that are priced $1599 USD or less and have 5A charging. 

His point is the difference between the 3A box and 5A YZpower450 SKU is marginal at best. And if it’s the box I think it is, it charges around 4.4A. 

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

His point is the difference between the 3A box and 5A YZpower450 SKU is marginal at best. And if it’s the box I think it is, it charges around 4.4A. 

This was the conversation: 

3 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:
15 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

We paid extra to have the 5A chargers included as standard.

13 hours ago, techyiam said:

T4 Pro has a 5A charger (most vendors are selling that for $1400 shipped at the moment).

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

T4 Pro has a 5A charger (most vendors are selling that for $1400 shipped at the moment).

I just checked.

ewheels.com = $1899

nextgenmobility.org = $1935 (sold out) (DIY warranty)

euc deals = $1399 (DIY warranty)

Alien Rides = $1399

Clark Pads = $1935 (sold out) (DIY warranty) 

Only one dealer selling this wheel below $1599, since MAP pricing is no longer being enforced by Begode as it seems.

And this is one model.

This is a far cry from being a "standard" option across the board.

But good eye on picking this up. The T4 Pro looks to be well priced. How is it as a year round commuter in Seattle like wet weather?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, techyiam said:

I just checked.

ewheels.com = $1899

nextgenmobility.org = $1935 (sold out) (DIY warranty)

euc deals = $1399 (DIY warranty)

Alien Rides = $1399

Clark Pads = $1935 (sold out) (DIY warranty) 

Only one dealer selling this wheel below $1599, since MAP pricing is no longer being enforced by Begode as it seems.

And this is one model.

This is a far cry from being a "standard" option across the board.

But good eye on picking this up. The T4 Pro looks to be well priced. How is it as a year round commuter in Seattle like wet weather?

EUC Deals or Alien Rides send to Belgium or not ?
No duties import tax or vat ?

I was sarted for Begode Falcon but if i buy a T4 Pro at 1399 euros, it's possible i change for T4 Pro.

euc deals and alienrides dont ship to eu...you have better chance of a good deal on aliexpress...i was decided on t4 pro...but i need also ip67 or some king of good waterproofing....begode extreme and bull mini is kinda right out of my budget now...if the price settles down on the falcon about 1300 euros i buy that...if the range is about 40 km thats enough for me...31mph/50 kmh also enough(city limit)...need torque in good form factor(my city full of inclines)...50s cells will change the game in eucs.. 

On 6/2/2024 at 1:08 AM, WheelGoodTime said:

Not down under 

On 6/2/2024 at 5:49 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Begode was clearing out some over-produced T4 PRO stock, essentially selling below cost price. It is a great price, but it's not the new benchmark for Wheel pricing. 

For new models, there's a ton of R&D money that goes into making new products. Between prototyping, molds, & other tooling, the costs range from $250-$500k. This requires a production run of ~3,000-5,000 wheel for the manufacturers to cross the breakeven point.  

Thanks for this. Many posters write, why don't they do this or that without realizing Begode etc are trying to make things people want, at price they can afford so their business makes a profit and they can pay their bills and staff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FarkyJ said:

euc deals and alienrides dont ship to eu...you have better chance of a good deal on aliexpress...i was decided on t4 pro...but i need also ip67 or some king of good waterproofing....begode extreme and bull mini is kinda right out of my budget now...if the price settles down on the falcon about 1300 euros i buy that...if the range is about 40 km thats enough for me...31mph/50 kmh also enough(city limit)...need torque in good form factor(my city full of inclines)...50s cells will change the game in eucs.. 

I've already search for T4 pro with Aliexpress but nothing at 1400 euros ...

For Falcon on Aliexpress, pre-sales only and delivery maybee in augustus !!!