Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

On 3/13/2024 at 6:33 AM, Rawnei said:

Small PSA for Lynx and Patton, the two screws that hold the trolley handle easily comes loose from vibrations over time, I lost one of mine god knows where, they are not metric screws but I went to the hardware store and they helped me find similar ones that fit.

Friend checked his and one of them started to come loose.

I've put a small dab of silicone on them now to secure them in place, I suggest everyone do this or you might be losing them.

20240312_165905.thumb.jpg.dcedc76527d5a84b16ab229d105aa11d.jpg

I checked and I’ve lost one, do you remember the bolt size?

53 minutes ago, TimDelaware said:

I checked and I’ve lost one, do you remember the bolt size?

They are not metric screws, as I wrote I went to the hardware store and they helped me pick out similar ones.

Anyone here had success with the Shinko 244 on the Lynx? I know that @WILSONEUC tried it and experienced rubbing then removed it, anyone else installed one and did a successful shaving?

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Anyone here had success with the Shinko 244 on the Lynx? I know that @WILSONEUC tried it and experienced rubbing then removed it, anyone else installed one and did a successful shaving?

Yup. I've mentioned it before. Good to go.

432360483_440986101920910_7337267078660049511_n.thumb.jpg.f32065f7fdc37f3e1dfa0c0e87edf871.jpgIMG_20240314_104051672.thumb.jpg.2932be3d5879569a897aae5664ca67c2.jpg

Edited by joyrider
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, joyrider said:

Yup. I've mentioned it before. Good to go.

432360483_440986101920910_7337267078660049511_n.thumb.jpg.f32065f7fdc37f3e1dfa0c0e87edf871.jpgIMG_20240314_104051672.thumb.jpg.2932be3d5879569a897aae5664ca67c2.jpg

Can you describe what you did to make it fit without rubbing?

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Installed on my Lynx and no rubbing, didn't have to shave or anything. I have about 600 miles on the tire.

8 hours ago, Sprite said:

Installed on my Lynx and no rubbing, didn't have to shave or anything. I have about 600 miles on the tire.

Huh, I'll be damned, wonder why @WILSONEUC had such a different experience.

we've already talked about it here. I installed a tubeless sr244 and it is great! I had to shave a little hair on the sides and give a nice round shape to the mudguard by heating it using a heat gun. My mudguard was banana shaped, now it's perfect. No friction, and it cost me nothing, just 5 minutes of my time. Tubeless is ideal for a gyroroue. and the sr244 is so superior in every way than Kenda.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, peytole said:

we've already talked about it here. I installed a tubeless sr244 and it is great! Tubeless is ideal for a gyroroue. and the sr244 is so superior in every way than Kenda.

Only that the 244 is not a tubeless tire (no knobby is unfortanatly), but great if it works out...

I installed a Heidenau K66 90/90 tl and it was to big and rubbed 

Switched back to stock and love it anyway

Edited by onkeldanuel

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

You're a turncoat!    :) 

Long live the S22!

Long live the V13!

there's toys, and there are tools.

if there's a better tool for a job, i choose the best tool, doesn't mean the other tools are valueless, just used for different needs.

i don't understand @Marty Backehaving so many wheels of different varieties. course, i rarely if ever leave the ranch, so my terrain never changes, and i could never be a reviewer of wheels since i've only ridden segway, inmotion, king song and now leaperkim. (and evidently i cremate my old wheels).

i only have 7 wheels now, really only 3, s22, v13 and the lynx. i don't ride the low speed, crappy tire s18.

if i had multiple cars, they would be the same. i think it's safer not to have to adjust to the vehicle. it would be like me having a different set of clubs for thurs, friday, sat, sunday of a tournament, no pro would do that, and that's just playing for money, not gambling with ur life.

the minute adjustments ur body does to ride a wheel is complicated by switching wheels. 

if the lynx could do every job out here, i'd dispose the s22's and v13's and of course the s18, but the lynx isn't the best tool for retrieving packages that i can carry, like up to 30 pounds if not too bulky, the v13 is. the s22 is the best for pulling my burley wagon. and on pavement, i just prefer a good road tire. the knobby on the lynx is pefectly fine if u don't load it heavier than 177pounds and keep the tire pressure at min 33psi. i'm running it at 38psi (i probably weigh 177 riding now, idk, amazon just delivered scales so i'm gonna weigh me and my stripped down lynx)and losing softness but hopefully gaining no pinched flats. the sidewalls are extremely flexible, which might be making it do so well on my horrendous terrain. these deserts of sugar sand are always a 50/50 proposition, and unfortunately i have several i have to traverse on my rounds. and i'm of the mindset, if it isn't broke, don't fix it, and the lynx is the purrfect tool for getting around the ranch. best all around the different terrain. haha, it's real easy to figure out. u ride the paths and if u stay vertical, u win. there's some spots rogering thru with the v13 are scary dangerous, the weight is just too much. and the s22 is better, but the lynx is like riding the s22 on pavement, handling and torque wise. there's just not enough torque to safely navigate earth as long as there's concealed holes until ur right on top of them. the s22's and v13 are unrideable around the ranch unless there's a mown path that's been inspected by me previously. i'm still working on paths to get everywhere i need to go, and i don't have rocks and boulders, i have cypress knees and fallen limbs that will skewer u just as dead. this is not play out here by any stretch of the imagination.

i just happen to be the first cattle rancher on planet earth to see the possibilities of a wheel back in 2015, when i first saw a airwheel at 100 yards away at a marina. so i began this journey in 2017 when everybody on this forum was laughing at my attempts. they said it couldn't be done. trust me, if ur patient enough to learn how to ride properly, even with this crappy terrain here, the lynx is the purrfect tool for inspecting ur grass, the food for ur cows, so u modulate the supplemental feed, inspecting ur cows, scaring off coyotes and trespassers. that's my job!

so next bite of the elephant is to get a 70lb lynx and see how it handles my paths at higer speeds. it seems softer suspension works great for slow, technical, trials type riding, but faster speeds i bottom out frequently. stiffer suspension, like dropping in the 900 pound spring on a s22, makes high speed better, and rarely, maybe once on a ride bottom out. same with the v13's adding more air pressure. 

haha, i have one spot at my ne tip in the woods where i make my u-turn and the ground is big rolling craters, covered in leaves and huge palm fronds, and if i'm lucky, i roger thru it, if not, i have to kenny rogers the wheel, "know when to fold them", most important thing to learn first. wheels are cheap compared to hospital bills. knowing how and when to step off without damaging urself, the most important, and if the wheel survives, and it probably will, that's a bonus. i've hurt myself tryiing to save the wheel or not knowing "when to fold".

here's a tip, after doing an hour of intense off road raw land, when u get back to pavement, stop and rest a minute so ur legs can re-adjust to balancing on pavement, or else u will get wobbles. not tired legs, ur just confusing them. and no, i still haven't had wobbles ever. lots of causes of wobbles, but underinflating and overloading tires is easy to eliminate.

ps:

living off grid, and trust me, solar sucks, at least bluetti does, and yesterday bought $485 of gas that a friend took me to wawa to get, like 28 jugs. so burning fuel to just move my ass around this ranch so i can do my inspections, isn't smart or practical, yet every other rancher and farmer is doing that today!

pss:

next month if i make it i'll be 70 and officially have survived untreatable and inoperable terminal prostate cancer 10 years since being detected. by only using massive doses of illegal thc for 9 years, now massive doses being illegally ripped off by my govt and their co-conspirator criminals selling me quasi-legal thc, since june of last year,  and the most radiation u can give a human without actually cooking them. 2 months in jax, 39 zaps, 23 photons, 16 protons (back in 2014, no doctors or drugs since 9-23-2014, and no colds or covid or vax for ten years and living offgrid in a non-converted shipping container having everything delivered and taking care of 75 other animals)lots of thc. still take a minimum of 1000mg a day orally. learn to ride wheels taking better thc i made at 3000-4000mg a day. not fun but if ur cancer is so bad ur only offered hospice ten years ago, u do what u have to do. it's like riding wheels. seems impossible at first, but eventually u acclimate.

if i didn't have to do this, i'd much rather lay on my mattress all day, i'm great at lazy, esp banging all this thc, but gotta go, Bob and i need to walk to the gate, check the water troughs and retrieve a package. if i'm lucky time wise, that will take an hour, but it's valuable alone time with Bob. 

yeah, this is pretty serious, dangerous job out here, the most deadly in florida, probably the planet. i've worked really hard to avoid death so far, so i don't want to do something stupid like kissing a tree at 30mph.

Edited by novazeus

Sorry to hear that Bud. I assume you've heard of the jalapeno remedy?

On the upside you currently hold 0.411764706 Backes.

Best Bro.

Edited by joyrider

5 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

Seulement que le 244 n'est pas un pneu tubeless (pas de crampon, malheureusement), mais tant mieux si ça marche...

J'ai installé un Heidenau K66 90/90 tl et il était trop gros et frotté 

Je suis revenu en stock et je l'adore quand même

All shinko are tubeless !

fyi. 

got a new scale specifically for weighing my wheels.

the most purrfect leaperkim lynx with beidou drops and front bumper toe stops removed. no pads.

415F305B-3040-41BE-A064-7EFF4AB8A058.thumb.jpeg.5eed9a7cbf7a17cd7bc9a5eadb5f9ce3.jpeg

for reference if anybody is curious, the s22 pro real version 3 with only michelin 90/90 r14 change from stock and no pads.

24B51479-AC9E-4497-95E3-4F60CA8A724F.thumb.jpeg.fa70aaad3255d72a6f97f11531e1d722.jpeg

and the beast v13 with 90/80 r14 city grip 2. no pads. 

F4DB7B20-8F93-4174-9850-9EC117656D29.thumb.jpeg.ff9d4ddefd846f0185dedc15a9b7d4c9.jpeg

btw, all about the same width of 8", but the taper on the v13 is down to around 5.5" at the top and the lynx has the cutouts for the rubber covered shocks that work nice as a holding/stepping off pad.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My Lynx is 42.2kg with all accessories, Pads, Seat, Bumpers, etc.

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

if there's a better tool for a job, i choose the best tool, doesn't mean the other tools are valueless, just used for different needs.

Aside from the Lynx being a wheels more suited for your use-case (pasture land surveillance), would consider your Lynx an upgrade to your S22/Pro, V13 too?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'm sure somebody on this forum can do better. but this is on amazon and i'm a lynx fan boy now!

D2850F1B-8B34-41DC-9618-DF8393C5C8D1.thumb.jpeg.f2dd6c336cf9b6258593150a97f54368.jpeg

This one's not much better,  but cheap (I use the shop front as a way to get their wholesale prices.  The markup is set to minimum).      
Linnea sent me high rez images for it.

https://www.euc.theprintbar.com/shop/view_product/20452866/Leaperkim-Lynx

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Aside from the Lynx being a wheels more suited for your use-case (pasture land surveillance), would consider your Lynx an upgrade to your S22/Pro, V13 too?

it's definitely easier to ride slow, technical stuff because the torque is better. i just can't with the s22 or v13 because they are too sluggish getting going from a near stop. 

like i said, i've hardly ridden it on my road yet. on pavement, all wheels work fine. except the s18 with the horrible jiluer tire. 

for me, the way my brain works, the lynx so far fits me better. i might get in some pavement miles tmrw. i'm not concerned about range, but it does seem to do well.

the best way i can answer ur question is this, if u don't ride technical slow areas of the earth, ur just on trails and roads, u don't need a lynx and u won't appreciate it the way i do. if there weren't indecency laws, i'd jump on either s22 or v13 and ride it to get packages on my road naked, i can do that practically asleep. but there's patches of earth, like sugar sand, or places i have to do a u-turn over big rolling holes, haha, that's when the lynx shines. off road handling. 

course i did rack up a couple of thousand miles at least on the big heavy v13's at 110 pounds, so coming down to 86 for the lynx, and still have the taller form factor, is great. the s22's are no slouch, and i'm hoping to get a boost from the new one with 40t.

btw, i was just watching a video talking about setting the lynx up, and this guy was saying he heard if high speed mode was off, u get more torque.
tmrw i'm trying that. 30mph out here on this 325 acres is about tops if u want to live and talk about it. very easy to catch air and come off the pedals, but fortunately u land right back in the same place.

and yeah, re-reading ur question, yes, def an upgrade. the lynx is in a class all by itself. idk what magic they did, but this is the most intuitive on raw land of any wheel i've ever ridden and raw land riding is totally different from trail riding. i'm sure it's great on pavement as well. i plan on getting the 70 pound version next, and run it with the stock knobby for burn in, then switch later, if i desire. i might have lots of lynxes if i need more with street tires. 

and in the wild mean streets where most of u venture, i'd want the lynx because it is the most controllable. i'm sure all the wobbles i saw were from the influencers being too heavy for the terrible tire if u weigh more than say, 150 pounds. 

this is why i propose final assembly plants in the countries that sell them and put on the tires available in the buyer's country.

started wednesday evening at 100%

8E3F3F71-5063-4924-A596-5A880DF4A65C.thumb.png.e0c957f1239f8623e7b247ecfac40108.png

went 36.3 miles on 43% of battery. considering these were all dirt miles with lots of rolling resistance, and compared to my s22 and v13, did really well.

01E6987F-4F61-48A6-BA87-0A09AD06E190.png.0a47fba68dc027443c5e840aed52a478.png

course it does charge hotter than most. charged tn for tmrw.

91BCCED0-6558-443D-ADFE-F3E5A6ED3069.thumb.png.672ca4f85dd47b0f29dcca0773c7914e.png

EFE4434B-CC39-484F-9842-90A7B5B6A279.thumb.png.77d0f1edf835732367bf210cff586735.png

41052C2C-E4CB-4549-8D62-A1DFB1CCF6D9.png

Edited by novazeus
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, peytole said:

All shinko are tubeless !

Dont think so, its a tubed tire and not rated for tubeless operation,  at least not in the 14 size...

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, novazeus said:

i plan on getting the 70 pound version next,

Is there a new version of the Lynx to be released?