Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

8 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I just got a call before to say they are just sorting my Lynx.

They just wanted to confirm 66lb for mine.

Soon now :) my first leaper. 

Woo Hoo! You're gonna love it, and I'm gonna love watching!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For those that ordered the Lynx, do they prefer the knobby tire or the tubeless street tire?  Maybe Jason from Ewheels  or other vendors can answer this question.  I know that it depends on whether a rider would do more street or off-road riding but I am just a bit curious on this matter.

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

45 minutes ago, Ryan5508 said:

Any thoughts on the clicky sound it's making? Hoping it's just the hairs on the tire or something stupid. First ride was last night for couple mile test ride. 

Youtube - Lynx sound

Just saw this video on Facebook. Your ticking sounds just like his. Do you have the same wobble in your unit? Apparently his is a batch 2 with 24 miles.

2 hours ago, Mcfoster said:

Just saw this video on Facebook. Your ticking sounds just like his. Do you have the same wobble in your unit? Apparently his is a batch 2 with 24 miles. 

I don't have any wobbles on mine that I could decern. Outside of needing to lower my psi a hair and get used to it. And tire looks to spin nice and centered. 

21 hours ago, t0me said:

For those who've fitted aftermarket pads,   do the handles interfere?   Did you have to mod the pads to fit?

Grizzla Flow Big with the Foot Pegs it does overflow over the top protection a bit, nothing major honestly.
20240112_182548414_iOS.thumb.jpg.a96c773b6ffafd4db515a86615b8be9f.jpg

Nylonove big, you can use the two upper parts of the pad without issue - Lately been running it with only the top pad and works even better for my taste

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

The Michelin Street Pilot 2 fits the Lynx rim& fender clearance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3AMRd617gWYHVaEy9

LynxMichelinTire_clipped_rev_1.thumb.jpg.5a82d3613f4546e785f44c38aeebcf4a.jpg

is this ur tire installation?

is that bolt on right angle valve stock with the tubeless tire option?

is the inside dimension of the rim known?

jack measured 90mm between the battery cases, so great the rim holds the michelin tubeless tire, and i bet money the 80/90 r14 michelin pilot street 2 will fit on it. i have two ready to go on two lynxes, if leaperkim ever produces a good batch. 

it took king song about a year on the s22 pro to get it right, hopefully leaperkim will work faster. time is of the essence when ur old and sick!

but i'd rather wait and just have to only do a tire change as opposed to troubleshooting a wheel ad nauseum. i don't care if the vendor pays for return shipping to fix it, besides not wanting some unknown wrenching on my new wheel, that's two more days wasted of my life, waiting for the carrier at my gate to pick up, and then to re-deliver. i hate buying wheels because fedex and ups are so inconsiderate. 

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

I tested the Lynx in store and I was delighted. I left with it home. Now I'm trying to adjust the settings, but on my model I have a lot of wobbles that I didn't have with the test copy.... any ideas?

Pedals nylonove

Jump pad nylonove

Degré -2,4

In any case this wheel is incredible!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peytole said:

I tested the Lynx in store and I was delighted. I left with it home. Now I'm trying to adjust the settings, but on my model I have a lot of wobbles that I didn't have with the test copy.... any ideas?

Pedals nylonove

Jump pad nylonove

Degré -2,4

I was watching Zen Lee, and he went on about how the new Grizzla Lynx kit is being released any minute, and how the Grizzla toe pads really helped his wobbles.

I actually got knocked off the back of mine, cause I was too tired, and didn't get them under control.

First time I've ever fallen from wobbles, and the Lynx is all scratched up.

My first ride since it came back from ewheels with the bearings fixed.

The bearings don't knock anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pedals nylonove

Jump pad nylonove

Degré -2,4

Adjust your pads and foot position.

• Like 3

Pedals nylonove

Jump pad nylonove

Degré -2,4

In addition to what Ronnie said, also consider checking the psi in your tire.  A lower psi while you adjust to the wheel may help, then increase the psi back up over time as you get used to the Lynx.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Adjust your pads and foot position.

agree.  the only time I've seen anything close to a Lynx wobble is when I went for a very short ride to my mailbox, with shoes not my boots, so the toe stops were too high and my feet were too far forward... and I was on the old (taller) pedals before I lowered them.  I simply moved my feet back and it stopped.  Since then with lowered pedals, it's never happened.  Tire pressure can also have an effect -- I personally don't go over 30 PSI at 195 lbs.

• Thanks 1

Ditto to the above: Pad placement and lower psi. I run 26psi at 175lbs rider weight on the knobby. I don’t do stairs unless they’re in my way and I’m going down them but I ride rocks and roots all day with no issues with rim checks. 

• Thanks 1