What's everyone think about the Ustride video?

On 8/27/2023 at 3:18 AM, UPONIT said:

adest sense, taking everything into account, and with many asterisks, the world has become a better place over the centuries. Yes, there have been setbacks, peaks, plateaus, and pauses.

But I'd rather be alive now than at any time in history.

You?

I would rather live in the mid 90s US than now, by far. It was better in every way except for not having high speed internet or smartphones. Millennials simply dont have a reference point, they were born when things started going downhill and inherited all the problems, and then tried to "solve" those problems in ways that only made them worse because the things they were taught in school just arent so.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GottaWay said:

Or companies that support such people's behavior. Talking about you Alien Rides.

I think that there appears to be some distinction between Alien Rides’ charitable (if misdirected) award/compensatory gesture to the ‘misled’ party, which tends to suggest that they feel that (niceties of the challenge mr ‘Stride’ had originally outlined and the retort and terms ‘agreed’ aside) the ‘winner’ (there were none, in my view, all concerned are now considered by many to be ‘Losers’, in more ways than one) was felt to be potentially badly tricked by the protagonist of the piece.   That is of course not to say I personally condone their frankly life-endangering behaviour, far from it, but it appears they’ve (AR) done their best to ‘pour oil on the troubled waters’ stirred up by their possibly now erstwhile chosen ‘champion’ in his apparent  ‘welching on the deal’.

No good came of this, nor ever could.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's irresponsible but incredible; It’s both magnificent and disarming! These are limits exceeded and laws outraged! It is admirable and questionable, It is our Time, our Future, its limits, its madness! I love, as I loved, at 27 YEARS OLD, the dangers encountered on my paths in Colombia, when you are young you are not aware of the dangers, what you do not know is not scary! And when we encounter danger we become wiser! Good luck next time ! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Zipping in front of pedestrians is unconscionable. 

In one of his video, he struck a lady inside a crosswalk in a pack of pedestrians crossing the walk. And he had the red. And then he ran.

That is someone's daughter, wife, grandmother, etc.

IDK, let turns this around. How would he feels if someone racing on the street and struck his daughter while crossing in a crosswalk, and ran?

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, techyiam said:

In one of his video, he struck a lady inside a crosswalk in a pack of pedestrians crossing the walk. And he had the red. And then he ran.

That is someone's daughter, wife, grandmother, etc.

IDK, let turns this around. How would he feels if someone racing on the street and struck his daughter while crossing in a crosswalk, and ran?

Which video

Recently on the paths I roll on that have a dedicated bike path, an elderly pedestrian was struck by a bike rider and killed. 

It can go really bad really quick.

I love speed and adrenalin fuelled adventure but there are always the "What if's" and uncontrollable elements.

In a busy environment like a city uncontrollable elements increase so much. You are increasing risks way too much to race. 

There are till many people who do not like electro bikes/scooters/wheels in our state.

If we did this they would be banned for everyone for good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2