The Photo Thread

SlowMo

30 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

87430.jpg

A night ride to Boston in a sweatshirt with temperatures in the 50s. These work gloves fit over my wrist guards without cutting away parts of the glove.

ha, yup that’s the way i did my little driveway laps tn, holding a spot light. i would think anywhere that wasn’t well lit, a good spot light is a necessity.

26 minutes ago, novazeus said:

good spot light is a necessity.

I was thinking of a day ride but the new landlord is refurbishing the apartment below mine (I'm not sleeping well)...they start at 7:30 am...bang bang thud drill drill rasp rasp....new doorway, new drywall...6-7 days a week for the benefit of the next Tennant. I don't think I could lift the stuff they have been working with let alone get up early enough to arrive at work at 7:30 am.

Just turned 2100 km on the Monster. The clerk at the 24 HR Dunkin doesn't seem impressed at 11:30 pm. Dining area is closed... please leave after making your purchase.....I think it's a bloody hate flash over nothing.

You have the right idea...keeping your riding on private property. Commuter Rail riding (with the Monster next to my seat) sometimes gets awkward with 'what is it' types of questions or stares.

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I was thinking of a day ride but the new landlord is refurbishing the apartment below mine (I'm not sleeping well)...they start at 7:30 am...bang bang thud drill drill rasp rasp....new doorway, new drywall...6-7 days a week for the benefit of the next Tennant. I don't think I could lift the stuff they have been working with let alone get up early enough to arrive at work at 7:30 am.

Just turned 2100 km on the Monster. The clerk at the 24 HR Dunkin doesn't seem impressed at 11:30 pm. Dining area is closed... please leave after making your purchase.....I think it's a bloody hate flash over nothing.

You have the right idea...keeping your riding on private property. Commuter Rail riding (with the Monster next to my seat) sometimes gets awkward with 'what is it' types of questions or stares.

thanks and yeah this has turned out to be big fun like i thought it would and be utilitarian for me on the ranch. raising Bob properly was number one goal, still is, love my best friend, so i waited for the right time for me to start and its been great. took a leap of faith not ever even seeing one upclose, so i’m happy to see this plan come together. and it doesn’t hurt my back at all!

7 minutes ago, novazeus said:

doesn’t hurt my back at all!

A number of riders, including myself, find that riding the EUC (without falling or trying to learn to ride backwards) helps to reduce the aggravation of lower back problems.

I was looking at a doctors review of a CT scan run a year ago. His comments included an interpretation of the spine results. Anatomical issues seem to be evident but my ignorance of some of the terms used and spinal locations referenced on the spine was lacking a clear perspective of what the doctor was describing.

I probably could have improved my desk posture twenty + years ago and not tossed my scuba gear (80 cubic foot cylinder) over my head with the shoulder harness ready to capture the tank.?. 

It's really good to see you practising your EUC riding skills on the 18 inch wheel....a potential 50 million dollar rider!

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Me and the Tesla

Nice photo....the lights of the Boston skyline are about as scenic as it gets on a night ride to Bean town  where chowder is only sold and served in the white cream variant of clam chowder, the other (unsold unseen) is red Manhattan clam chowder. 

Someone in your area of CA is selling a used Velomobile for about the cost of two Tesla's

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/272928801643

• Like 1

i still think these little machines can be a good source of personal transportation like in what i’m trying to pull off herenext to the outlet mall ans all the newest restaurants and bars being built across the creek from me. i’m sure a lot of wheel riders would love to live in a live-work-play type of community that was geared towards multi use path travel as opposed to highways. might be perfect timing. the tech is getting better, anybody can learn using handrails, just go back and forth until ur so bored u go outside the handrails, and 10 mph is a pretty safe speed if ur halfway coordinated and pay attention.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Nice photo....the lights of the Boston skyline are about as scenic as it gets on a night ride to Bean town  where chowder is only sold and served in the white cream variant of clam chowder, the other (unsold unseen) is red Manhattan clam chowder. 

Someone in your area of CA is selling a used Velomobile for about the cost of two Tesla's

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/272928801643

Yeah, Velomobile's are not cheap. 

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, Velomobile's are not cheap. 

http://www.hembrow.eu/personal/sinnermango3.html

I read this today....kind of informative but a few years old. Your Beach bike route looks like a great place to ride one. The blog author says he crashed once but doesn't go into any of the details.

There is a trike dealer in Utah that makes Shell's....'Utah Trikes'

http://www.utahtrikes.com/PROD-11617955.html

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@YoshiSkySun, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", and I had a great 50+ mile which included a visit to the Queen Mary. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice beer (Yoshi, do you remember the name of the establishment?)

IMG_20180217_094824

IMG_20180217_104014220_HDR

you looks like some badass road warriors ready to rip up the roads.. :D  man if i saw you guys riding.. i would look again...

and where did you buy your helmet mirror marty?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

you looks like some badass road warriors ready to rip up the roads.. :D  man if i saw you guys riding.. i would look again...

and where did you buy your helmet mirror marty?

:lol:

Regards the mirror, look at the Description section in one of my latest YouTube videos. I list all of my gear and where to buy it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:lol:

Regards the mirror, look at the Description section in one of my latest YouTube videos. I list all of my gear and where to buy it.

thanks! i ordered one already :D  and how is it installed? i cant seem to find any photos or videos showing it.. is it like a clamp or a sticky pad or i read something about velcro

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Commuter Rail riding (with the Monster next to my seat) sometimes gets awkward with 'what is it' types of questions or stares.

Just print out something saying "George Forman Grill" and stick it on both sides.  The numpties will be satisfied with that.

14 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Commuter Rail riding

Between the two state troopers (motorcycle) leaving North Station (trains) , and the two MBTA rail clerks who watched me with Jehova's witness scrutiny on the car I can only say sorry to one group of students walking the bridge to MIT who I passed quickly and also sorry to the female student who looked scared with each foot my EUC came closer to her as I continued to pass her on the sidewalk.

As for the nude sketch(s) I made (and deleted) on my tablet before I left.... Well ...it was enjoyable to do (NSFW) as the carpenters below did their job and got paid for their work.

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

thanks! i ordered one already :D  and how is it installed? i cant seem to find any photos or videos showing it.. is it like a clamp or a sticky pad or i read something about velcro

I removed all of the velcro that was attached to the mirror and cleaned off all the sticky residue. I then roughed up the surface (that attaches to the helmet) with ~80-grit sandpaper.

Using high-strength double-sided tape, I stuck the mirror to the side of the helmet. The connection has been holding very firm for a few weeks now.

• Like 1