The Photo Thread

SlowMo

6 hours ago, Edddeus said:

@Rehab1 which wheels are you favouring more now these days? Is the Mten3 still no1? 

The Z10 definitely! I hopped on Mten 3 the other day and it took about 5 minutes to regain my confidence. The Tesla and MCM5 about the same. The Mten3 is in a league of it’s own so it is my favorite for a 10” wheel. ;) 

I do look forward to the return of my repaired V10F this Wednesday. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The Z10 definitely! I hopped on Mten 3 the other day and it took about 5 minutes to regain my confidence. The Tesla and MCM5 about the same. The Mten3 is in a league of it’s own so it is my favorite for a 10” wheel. ;) 

I do look forward to the return of my repaired V10F this Wednesday. 

Hi,hi ... ha,ha ... ?... another Z addict!

Please tell us more on Thursday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Rehab1,  

What kind of knee pads are those?  Do you you have the link for them?  They look very sturdy and very protective.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You may want to check the Safety Gear section of the Forum where @Rehab1 has posted this information. They are very expensive.

Here is the link. https://bit.ly/2CDSmIm

@Marty Backe is correct that they are pricey. I purchased a plethora of safety gear after my accident. You probably don’t need knee braces  this elaborate unless you have a concerned wife your trying to appease. This is first time I have worn them in a few months. 

1 hour ago, who_the said:

Awesome! Photo by Mrs. Rehab? :o

Thanks. No if my wife were to shot the photos her middle finger would appear in the lower right hand corner. I used my GoPro Hero 6 mounted on a high tripod with remote shutter. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Here is the link. https://bit.ly/2CDSmIm

@Marty Backe is correct that they are pricey. I purchased a plethora of safety gear after my accident. You probably don’t need knee braces  this elaborate unless you have a concerned wife your trying to appease. This is first time I have worn them in a few months. 

The wife is right! As usual! ? 

Health has no price! The best gear is barely good enough! Regarding accidents the worst thing an EUC rider can think and the most naive and dangerous newbie thought is: “IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME!”

Everybody: Get this stupid thought out of your mind! NOW! ? 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Yes! HOLY “CARP” !!! And I bet, they are worth every penny. And then again, it’s a topic a bit age and body weight related, so for me these have to do for now: 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Yes expensive but so is knee surgery and the cost of taking off work. I did feel the additional mediolateral stability the braces offered while riding in woods yesterday. For normal everyday riding I won’t wear them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Yes! HOLY “CARP” !!! And I bet, they are worth every penny. And then again, it’s a topic a bit age and body weight related, so for me these have to do for now: 

Nice! Those knee braces will provide more than enough support. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

For normal everyday riding I won’t wear them

You should! They look ultimately “bad ass” cool! Listen to the wife! I have learned many times the hard way to listen to the girl friend. Everything you said about knee surgery applies for “normal everyday riding” as well. Bet you knew that! So ... since you payed the bucks ... wear them! They are ?!

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Tell me something I don’t know! ? 

... but I was honestly thinking of buying knee braces as well. Envy you for your choice! ? 

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

those look nice... I like how they articulate.... I ordered these, for 13 bucks couldn't go wrong...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Racing-Motocross-Knee-Pads-Protector-Armor-Guards-Protective-Gear/183307017322?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marcglider said:

those look nice... I like how they articulate.... I ordered these, for 13 bucks couldn't go wrong...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Racing-Motocross-Knee-Pads-Protector-Armor-Guards-Protective-Gear/183307017322?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Great buy and your protected!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

You should! They look ultimately “bad ass” cool! Listen to the wife! I have learned many times the hard way to listen to the girl friend. Everything you said about knee surgery applies for “normal everyday riding” as well. Bet you knew that! So ... since you payed the bucks ... wear them! They are ?!

Thanks but unfortunately they look stupid on hot sunny days while wearing pink shorts.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks but unfortunately they look stupid on hot sunny days while wearing pink shorts.  :facepalm:

Almost as stupid as you would look riding on hot sunny days wearing pink shorts (without the protection)!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

IMG_20180909_181236320_HDR

Enjoyed a 42-mile Sunset ride on the MSX this Sunday afternoon. The Queen Mary is my current favorite photo-shoot location

you have some lovely locations to ride marty? , you got afull face helmet on have you been speeding?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you give me a link to these rules. I'd like to print it and have it handy for the next time we're stopped on the paved road.

Here you go, it's section 63.44B (16).  I guess you should also print the one you quoted to them. What's the name of that one?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.laparks.org/sites/default/files/reccenter/venice-beach-recreation-center/pdf/lamc63.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiawdG6-q_dAhWhiVQKHS_-DPsQFjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw1kGx0gcpeVl3lIXaunhbJ2

Edited by noisycarlos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Almost as stupid as you would look riding on hot sunny days wearing pink shorts (without the protection)!

Real men wear pink.  ;)

• Like 3